PDA

View Full Version : Anyone local reload their own?

Rob454
12-13-2006, 2:20 PM
hey guys
i need a bunch of 30-06 cases reloaded. i have about 400 cases. I want about 200 reloaded. I pay for the materials and some of your time or I can come help and trade for some brass and beer and pay for materials. Not sure if reloading is the way to go cause the 30-06 is still fairly cheap and I dotn shoot the rifle that much.
Thanx
Rob

anyracoon
12-13-2006, 2:44 PM
Rob
It might help to know where you live?

eckerph
12-13-2006, 2:50 PM
It might help to know where you live?:p

I personally wouldnt have someone i dont know other than an ammo manufacturer load my rounds. just my 2cents.

ocabj
12-13-2006, 3:03 PM
I would never sell reloads or reload ammo for anyone. I have never loaded a bad round, but there's always the chance of doing so. I wouldn't want to sell someone reloads that I made myself that had an overcharged or overpressure round that caused them firearms damage or bodily injury.

12-13-2006, 3:51 PM
Selling reloads is illegal without an FFL! Helping someone do it for a few beers(afterwards) is fine and you just might find another hobby on top of shooting. Let us know where you are and someone will probably pop up to help you out.

grammaton76
12-13-2006, 3:53 PM
The only thing you could do that'd be legal, is use someone else's press (you pull the crank), and you could compensate them for the use of their press by letting 'em have some of your brass in payment or something.

Rob454
12-13-2006, 4:19 PM
Thats fine. ill do all the work. i jsut dont want to go buy all the reloading equipment and then overcharge something and have my face torn off by flying shrapnel. I would LOVE to know how to reload my own ammo. I found a couple of places on the web that tell you how to do it but after a while I can see myself going comotose from reading. I jsut have all this brass Ive been saving and wanna start reloading but I dont want to go buy 800$ worth of reloading equipment and not know how to use it and have a accident hurting myself or a friend. I usually buy off the shelf and I have a couple of buddies who are still in the marines and sometimes they get ammo when they go shooting with me ( theire all in iraq now we were in the same team)
Im In westminster. Sorry I forgot to add that in.
I probably came off as here you do it Ill get the ammo later. I meant someone who can take a little time to show me how to correctly load the powder press in the primer whiz bang and dip dunk the brass. I dotn mind forking over some Brass and beers. I used to throw the brass out because i didnt really have a use for it. When we go shooting we pick up the brass long enough to throw it in a waste basket

Thanx
Rob

ocabj
12-13-2006, 5:20 PM
I used to throw the brass out because i didnt really have a use for it. When we go shooting we pick up the brass long enough to throw it in a waste basket

Even if you don't reload, you should keep brass for recycling. Brass should not go in the trash. Just like aluminum cans and plastic bottles, brass is recyclable.

tteng
12-13-2006, 5:43 PM
That's how I start reloading. I get to 'pull the crank' and afterwards I offer to pay for his trouble (much less so than all the time/material/knowledge he spent on me). It's his way to promote this hobbie, and I would of done the same for others.

swift
12-13-2006, 8:24 PM
The only thing you could do that'd be legal, is use someone else's press (you pull the crank), and you could compensate them for the use of their press by letting 'em have some of your brass in payment or something.

This is a really good idea. A guy I knew was thinking about reloading, but, after using my press, he decided it was not worth it. Saved him from buying something he wouldn't use and he gave me all the brass he saved to reload.

jojosdad
12-14-2006, 2:01 AM
Er - Rob454 - you still haven't said where you live. - never mind, just my CRS kicking in again.

Sheldon
12-14-2006, 2:24 AM
Im In westminster. Sorry I forgot to add that in.
Thanx
Rob

He mention Westminster.

sargenv
12-14-2006, 7:39 AM
Selling reloads is illegal without an FFL!

I actually talked to someone from ATFE and they said that if they provided the powder, primers, brass, bullets and had you do it for them (say they are handicapped or otherwise could not do it). She said that you could load it for them without any issues. For ATFE, the manufacturing of new ammunition or remanufactured for retail sale is what they are mostly concerned about and it isn't related to liability so much as recouping the 11% federal excise tax on ammuntion manufacture. Yep, as with the Class 3 weapons, it's a tax issue.

Most people do not load for strangers because it is a liability issue. However I have friends who trust me and know I do a good job and so long as they supply their components, they are ok with me doing the loading for them. I would not do it for someone I don't know due to the liability issues involved.

Vince