PDA

View Full Version : who has the ar47 lower in stock. metro has not got back to me.

duraglock
12-13-2006, 11:31 AM
looking to pick up a vulcan ar47 lower and left email and phone messages with metro but have not got a response. who has them in stock thanks.

sthornwall
12-13-2006, 11:39 AM
looking to pick up a vulcan ar47 lower and left email and phone messages with metro but have not got a response. who has them in stock thanks.

I remember a few months back (Sept-Oct) I was at the Del Mar GS and at the Cold War Shooters stand they had one of those AR-47 lowers on display. You might want to contact CWS and see if they still carry some in stock. If not I am sure they would be more than happy to order it for you if they can.

Check them out here: http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php

grammaton76
12-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Those lowers are kinda hard to find nowadays...

duraglock
12-13-2006, 2:13 PM
i seen cws at del mar but they said no so i bought something else from them. anyone else know of any?

snacks
12-13-2006, 3:14 PM
I believe that CWS have the NDS receivers on their website. Contemplating on purchasing one but just can't decide on which one. Either a Yugo or a romanian. Any recommendations folks.

rorschach
12-13-2006, 4:07 PM
I believe that CWS have the NDS receivers on their website. Contemplating on purchasing one but just can't decide on which one. Either a Yugo or a romanian. Any recommendations folks.

Romy. NDS3. Get it directly from NoDakSpud.

Get yourself a Romy G kit from Copes, or bocefus on akfiles.com (if he's not sold out)

Oh, and I wasnt too keen on those AR47 receivers. I just did not like the design. All it was was a standard AR lower with the magwell lopped off, and a machined AK magwell bolted in place with countersunk allen screws. Maybe if it was attached a little bit more positively....

grammaton76
12-13-2006, 4:09 PM
Yugoslavian kits tend to have bad barrels. Fixed stock Yugo kits are hard to find, expensive when you CAN find them, and tend to cost a lot.

Underfolding Yugos are more common, but you're stuck with a bad barrel or having to cut the notch and drill it out yourself on a new one.

This adds up to "buy Romanian".

duraglock
12-13-2006, 6:09 PM
metro got back to me they might get them in this weekend. thanks.

PLINK
12-13-2006, 7:29 PM
Buyer beware on Copes parts kits. Last "Hand Picked Matching #'s Kit" was a little rusty (surface rust) and I requested a kit with no rust. The receiver cover was also a different number than the rest of the rifle. I wrote them a email about it and never got a reply. The email stated that if these are the kits they are selling as "hand picked" then I will not be buying anymore from them. I was even advised from JHC about his last purchase with them and I did not listen. I should have. I won't buy anymore kits from them.

Get a NDS-3. They are nice. You can buy from CWS but if you have some time and not a lot of money, get them from Nodakspud. They (NDS) are nice people to do buisness with but the ordering process is out dated.

Japedo
12-16-2006, 1:31 PM
I stopped by metroshot this morning also looking for the Vulcan lower, Pat said he was out, and no more where coming, said something about the supplier. It looks like those just got very rare, if anyone knows where to get them, I'm trying to get one too

PanzerAce
12-16-2006, 4:11 PM
thats wierd plink, my kit was in great shape when I got it *shrugs*.