PDA

View Full Version : 870 Help

Archenemy550
12-12-2006, 11:12 PM
How exactly do I remove my bbl on my Remington 870 w/the 2 shot extension. This is the 2nd one I have bought, but the first with that extension, and it doesnt seem to say in the handbook. :o

MilSpec.45
12-12-2006, 11:29 PM
If it is like mine, you have to remove the screw on the clamp that goes around the extension and the barrel. Then you can unscrew the extension. From there just lift the barrel out.

ronyama
12-13-2006, 5:23 AM
Once the extension and clamp are removed, move the slide back part way to unlock the bolt from the barrel to ease removal and replacement. I've been thinking about a rifle sighted Remchoke barrel on sale at Gunparts.

Archenemy550
12-13-2006, 12:04 PM
should I need to use a vice grip? Cause I cant unscrew it by hand.

JOEKILLA
12-13-2006, 12:07 PM
should I need to use a vice grip? Cause I cant unscrew it by hand.

Sure, that would work. But make it hand-tight when you put it back on so you don't have to worry about getting a vice grip each time you take it apart.

That's what I did and it holds pretty well hand-tight.

new cal shooter
12-13-2006, 12:40 PM
tap the butt on the ground a few times, then tap and turn at the same time, by hand! hate scratches!

12-13-2006, 1:44 PM
Where do you live? It's easier to do than explain it. I live east of San Bernardino.

PistolKidd
12-15-2006, 1:23 PM
For whatever reason, Remington has been tightening the nut that attaches to the magazine tube extremely tight.

1) remove the extension clamp with a screw driver
2) remove the extension tube (should be able to with just your hand)
3) remove the extension tube 'nut'. This is what the extension tube screws in to. This is what is REALLY TIGHT. I had to use adjustable pliers- but be careful, this can scratch the nut itself as the 'thread' on the outside isn't that thick.

I wrapped it with tape and then took a t-shirt and used a pair of pliers. It comes off, but like i said, USE CAUTION. You might otherwise mar the outside of the nut if you squeeze to hard or if you cause it to slip.

4) dissassembly should be proceed as normal.

E Pluribus Unum
12-15-2006, 2:17 PM
Wrap the teeth of the vice grips in electrition's tape. This will prevent scarring.

modenar1
01-10-2007, 10:41 AM
putting it in a vice, you are risking of damagin the finish on the gun. the screw should be easily to twist open with a set of screwdrivers. mine had no trouble of unscrewing after not being touched for 2o years.