PDA

View Full Version : DPMS Upper 24" BA .308 ya or na?

second amendment love
06-01-2011, 1:35 PM
http://tdsguns.com/store/product/6784/DPMS-Upper-24%22-BA-.308/

:D looking at a DPMS Upper 24" BA .308

24" .308 SST Bull Barrel Assembly •416 Stainless steel bull barrel •Thick walled, smooth sided, extruded upper receiver •Complete Bolt Carrier Group •standard length aluminum free float tube

i was hoping some one hear has one of these and can say its worth it , and dose any one know of side by side by side review example armor-light vs dpms or any company for that matte still selling there stuff today.

and any dealers want to make me a killer deal on a 308.ar lower used or new ? i am in san diego and would buy today for the right price...

side note...
also if any one wants to trade a hand gun/rifle/shotgun/ar parts ? for a 2002 Honda xr100r low miles clean title , not beat up. get at me with ur offers would trade for most platforms as long as it worth $650-900 bucks.

Rock6.3
06-01-2011, 1:53 PM
I've got one of those uppers, works just fine. The key in .308 is to find the upper with the barrel length you want, in stock, and then buy it.

lwbyo1
06-01-2011, 2:51 PM
Buy an upgraded one with the A3 upper, fluted and threaded barrel for $150 cheaper.

Look at the second on from the top:
http://rguns.net/rifles/rifles-semiauto-ar15-uppers-308.shtml

Just make sure you call before ordering to verify that they do actually have it in stock.

Rock6.3
06-01-2011, 3:17 PM
Before you order from rguns, you might want to do a bit of googling and see what you can learn about the company and how they treat their customers.

second amendment love
06-01-2011, 4:28 PM
Buy an upgraded one with the A3 upper, fluted and threaded barrel for $150 cheaper.

Look at the second on from the top:
http://rguns.net/rifles/rifles-semiauto-ar15-uppers-308.shtml

Just make sure you call before ordering to verify that they do actually have it in stock.

good looking out ,thanks.

second amendment love
06-01-2011, 4:36 PM
Before you order from rguns, you might want to do a bit of googling and see what you can learn about the company and how they treat their customers.

so there are like 6 bad story's about this web site, tho it really sounds like it from 2 people on a few sites . there complaining about delivery time , and one guy wants to get a free magazine.
but over all there selling dpms gear cheaper then dpms,
DPMS 24" A3 Slab Side Stainless, Free Float, Fluted, Threaded Barrel Upper, Complete with Bolt and Charging Handle
$699.00 plus 20 shipping is a great deal. can any one find a better deal, and to be honest i don't care about wait time , half the time i have to wait to have the parts made ,assembled , then shipped all they got to do is ship, cant be too hard?

bjl333
06-01-2011, 4:41 PM
so there are like 6 bad story's about this web site, tho it really sounds like it from 2 people on a few sites . there complaining about delivery time , and one guy wants to get a free magazine.
but over all there selling dpms gear cheaper then dpms,
DPMS 24" A3 Slab Side Stainless, Free Float, Fluted, Threaded Barrel Upper, Complete with Bolt and Charging Handle
$699.00 plus 20 shipping is a great deal. can any one find a better deal, and to be honest i don't care about wait time , half the time i have to wait to have the parts made ,assembled , then shipped all they got to do is ship, cant be too hard?

+1 on this upper. If you do your part and with the right ammo you've got a 1/2" - 3/4" rifle. Do check with Rguns for availability!

lwbyo1
06-01-2011, 4:46 PM
If you ever plan on changing the free-float tube to something like a Troy or Daniel Defense, you need to get the A3 upper with the dust cover. The slab-side one is really tall and only DPMS sells a 4 railed one for it. And it's heavy.

second amendment love
06-01-2011, 9:45 PM
i keep my units light and ready for there goal in mind. this is a long range plunker , my 24" ar10 is my hunting rifle , and with both all i see i need to keep a tight grouping down range is a good trigger and a good barrel and good eyes and a great scope make the world of difference. ill keep a all he cool stuff off my gear , tho my ar pistol came with a full floating rail system and i never know where to put this dam light to many options ,lol

"the option of freedom is for you to chose, be the sheep and ill play wolf"
old from my home town:D:useless:

one day ill get my camera for u guys give me some time ,

goodlookin1
06-02-2011, 7:12 AM
DEFINITELY get an A3 upper receiver. Dont get that garbage super tall upper.....no quad rail will work with that. If you need the extra elevation, then get talled scope rings or a taller picatinny rail base. This way, you get to keep your options open.