PDA

View Full Version : Does a BCM BCG come pre-lubed?

dandingo13
06-01-2011, 1:04 PM
I'm finally getting my upper in the mail today and am so excited, I'm getting everything ready so I can assemble it when it gets here. My question is, do I need to disassemble the BCM BCG and oil it or does it come pre-lubed? Thanks in advance!

dmendoza1779
06-01-2011, 1:10 PM
It comes pre lubed, at least that's how mine was (BCM BCG). ;)

Droppin Deuces
06-01-2011, 1:12 PM
Does it look lubed? Even if it does appear to be, why not just take a minute, go through the motions, and drop oil where it needs to go?

motorwerks
06-01-2011, 1:16 PM
I always clean/lube everything new that goes into my guns anyway. That said most of my BCG's have been pretty slimy and probably could have gone right in and been fired.

glocklover
06-01-2011, 1:16 PM
well, when I assemble things I tend to double check and clean eveything anyway. Also considering the extractor o-ring always comes seperate from the BCG from bravo. Dissassemble, clean and lube, it only takes all but 10 seconds.

dandingo13
06-01-2011, 1:18 PM
Thanks for all of the responses. I took it and it does look well lubed so I just lubed the bolt carrier. Now the hard part comes ... waiting for the UPS driver!

AirborneStranger
06-01-2011, 1:24 PM
I lube the hell out of guns so my input is always add more haha. If it doesn't smoke from oil burning off when you fire it you're doing it wrong!

HK Dave
06-01-2011, 2:18 PM
Mine came pre-lubed, worked great!

The War Wagon
06-01-2011, 2:31 PM
Does it look lubed? Even if it does appear to be, why not just take a minute, go through the motions, and drop oil where it needs to go?

This. :rolleyes:

DI guns like to run wet. I like mine to be so wet, they're dripping with oil... and then I add a little more, to be safe. ;)

RMTactical
06-01-2011, 2:39 PM
It doesn't hurt to throw some more oil on it. I like my BCG to look visibly wet. It only takes a moment to spray some CLP on there.

Congrats on the new AR15!

r6raff
06-01-2011, 2:55 PM
I remember when I got my first BCM upper it had a note saying that they had "greased" up the BCG, interior of the barrel and the upper receiver, and that it needed to be removed and lubed before shooting. I think it had to do with it being stored in the warehouse and the grease was to protect it from rust and was not meant to be ran like that.

Not sure if I remembered it correctly or not though, its been a while since I have gotten a new upper. It doesnt hurt to make sure its is good to go, just lube it yourself, only takes a few minutes.

TurboChrisB
06-01-2011, 3:27 PM
They come lubed but not "wet'. I agree...lube it up!

DI guns like to run wet. I like mine to be so wet, they're dripping with oil... and then I add a little more, to be safe. ;)