PDA

View Full Version : Sight Tool

tundraman
12-12-2006, 9:23 PM
Has anyone used a sight tool on their handgun? If so, what type and how well did it work?

762cavalier
12-15-2006, 7:53 PM
Tundraman- I have not used a sight tool on any of my handguns. I had to drift the rear sight on my XD but used a brass punch and a hammer. I have looked into buying a sight tool but the cheapest I have found is about 100 dollars and I don't presently have that many sights to adjust;)

tundraman
12-15-2006, 11:07 PM
I have been doing some research, and I can't find any cheap ones either. To add to that problem I have read to many post on how difficult it is to remove the sights on XD's. They have free installation at www.xd-hs2000.com sight with 48hr turnaround time. I think this is the way I will go when I can save up for the sights.

762cavalier
12-16-2006, 11:07 AM
That was the way I was going to go also T-man. If you buy the sights from the guy he will install them. And YES the sights on the XD are a mother to move.:eek:

Badong
01-04-2007, 10:13 PM
I have used a an MGW sight tool on my glock. I tried the brass punch to install Heinie Sights, but when I switched to Tru Glo FO sights I decided to buy the tool. I did not want to damage the FO light pipes. It makes for a neat installation. No fear of marring the slide or the sight. Plus you can make more accurate rear sight adjustments at the range.

762cavalier
01-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Badong do you have a link to the sight tool. How much does it cost?

Pthfndr
01-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Badong do you have a link to the sight tool. How much does it cost?

http://www.topgunsupply.com/SIGHT-INSTALLATION-TOOLS-c-59.html

Dont Tread on Me
01-05-2007, 3:51 PM
+1 on the MGW tools

+1. These tools worked well for me.

Sheldon
01-05-2007, 11:35 PM
I bought a used MGW tool for my Beretta 92 and it works well. I used it to switch out the factory sight with an aftermarket adjustable one. I have helped a couple friends sight in their weapons as well, but for the most part, once you center the sights up the tool does a lot of sitting around. They are a lot easier than the hammer and punch method.

Spdjunkie
01-31-2007, 1:35 PM
Have also used the MGW Sight tool on Sigs, & Glocks. Great tool for the $$$.

pklin1297
02-12-2007, 8:17 PM
Can the MGW sight tools be used to install dovetail front sights? If not, is it back to the traditional hammer + punch method?

The SoCal Gunner
02-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Damn. I need one of these as well. My XDSC's rear sight is off straight out of the box. Ordered online so didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back and waiting longer.

I tried a punch and hammer but the thing won't budge or I haven't tried hard enough; don't really want to damage the gun.

Maybe I'll go to a shooting range and see if they will do it for free if I shoot there.

deez
02-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Can the MGW sight tools be used to install dovetail front sights? If not, is it back to the traditional hammer + punch method?

The MGW tool I have for my Sig can install & remove front & rear sights.