View Full Version : WTB Colt Python Hunter Question

06-01-2011, 6:38 AM
I found a Colt Python Hunter i an another State I'd Like to Buy, and I'd like to transfer the Colt Python Hunter from Their FFL to a FFL here in California, Since this is considered a Used Firearm Sale, Is this Legal here in California? Any Advice would be welcomed!

Andy Taylor
06-01-2011, 7:11 AM
Unless you are a LEO, it can't be done legally. The gun is not on the roster. You need to find one here in CA and do PPT through an FFL.

ETA: If the seller is willing to convert the revolver to single action only while out of state it can be done. Once the FFL here transfers the gun to you, you may convert it back to normal SA/DA. Or you may use an 07FFL such as PRK in Fresno or Valkarie in Milpetas. They could legally recieve it, then do the conversion to SA here in CA.

06-01-2011, 6:45 PM
Ok Thanks Andy! This Roster thing is convincing me, maybe it is time to move from California for good!