PDA

View Full Version : Knoxx Stock? Recoil Reducer Stocks?

judoguy
06-01-2011, 1:45 AM
hey folks so been in the market for another shotgun.

I never really was a fan of the pistol grip stocks, the whole knoxx stock
fad that I seem to see everywhere and anywhere the minute I type in
"tactical shotgun"

but I guess its getting to me and now I kind of want one,
I am about to purchase a winchester 1300, any other
recoil reducing stocks out there? or is knoxx the great and only?

I guess the only problems I have read so far is the "cheek slap"
but I cant seem to find other complaints?

prc77
06-01-2011, 6:01 AM
Mesa Tactical also has a Recoil reducing stock. More $$, but what I understand it is better than the Blackhawk.

I have ran the Knoxx/Blackhawk, and it does reduce felt recoil. The cheek slap issue, You just have to learn how to mount this paticular stock.

aippi
06-01-2011, 7:04 AM
There is no issue with cheek slap as the issue is people shooting the stock incorrectly. Go to www.aiptactical.com and click on the link "Breaking in the 870" and read the part about recoil reducing stocks. These are not conventional stocks and can not be shot like conventional stocks. Use them correctly and they work fine.

Bizcuits
06-01-2011, 8:17 AM
I have one on my Winchester 1300. She works just fine, reduces slugs to felt recoil of about a normal 00. I've never been slapped in the cheek. I'm looking into picking up a Remington 870 and I'll be getting a compstock Knoxx recoil reducer for it. So if your not into pistol grips but still want the recoil reducing factor check out the compstock http://www.blackhawk.com/product/CompStock-Shotgun-Stock,1155,165.htm

My 1300
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/ferguson/shotgun.jpg

resident-shooter
06-01-2011, 8:45 AM
I have a whole set for sale. Refer to the sig :D

kjeske7
06-02-2011, 2:08 AM
I have a whole set for sale. Refer to the sig :D

Knoxx? I am interested.

Don the savage
06-02-2011, 7:32 AM
There is no issue with cheek slap as the issue is people shooting the stock incorrectly. Go to www.aiptactical.com and click on the link "Breaking in the 870" and read the part about recoil reducing stocks. These are not conventional stocks and can not be shot like conventional stocks. Use them correctly and they work fine.

I totally agree with JD ( which is always a good idea when it comes to the 870) I just put a knoxx blackhawk on my 870 and used it for 3 gun this weekend. After 50 rounds I had no "cheek slap" and my shoulder was fine- my AR beat me up more than the 870. Best money I could have spent.

teflondog
06-02-2011, 9:51 AM
The only way I get cheek slap with my Knoxx is if I adjust the stock too short. When extended to the proper LOP, I don't have any problems at all.

I don't notice any benefit from the Knoxx when shooting light loads or birdshot. However shooting buckshot is where this stock really shines IMO. I can shoot dozens of 3" magnum loads without my shoulder feeling any hint of soreness the next day. Any defensive shotgun I own will have a Knoxx Specops stock on it.

Zues
06-02-2011, 10:42 PM
I just picked up a Fab Defense recoil reducing stock today and put about 3 boxes through it of slugs and buck. It seemed to work grate. still got to work with it tho

pyro3k2
06-03-2011, 12:53 AM
They are a pretty good stock. Made 00 buck feel like #8 bird shot out of a Mossy 500.

judoguy
06-03-2011, 1:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-duWOO4fns&feature=related

thought this was interesting..

first thought it was user error?

but i guess it depends on peoples own cheek bone?
that was a great comparison video though

tacticalcity
06-03-2011, 2:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-duWOO4fns&feature=related

thought this was interesting..

first thought it was user error?

but i guess it depends on peoples own cheek bone?
that was a great comparison video though

If you do not crink your neck back so your face is only on the plastic and not on the metal, you will literally punch yourself in the face. It is a very unnatural cheek weld. Even once you train yourself to do it right, under stress or when fatigued you have a tendency to revert to what feels natural and end up popping yourself in the face. You can get yourself trained to the point that it rarely happens, but I am just not crazy about the idea of altering my firing platform and technique to accomodate a peice of gear.

So after a lot of time trying to adjust to it I ditched the Knoxx Specops Adjustable stock in favor of the Hogue 12" LOP which I liked better.

That said, I do still sell a pretty good number of them. People want them. Gotta give 'em what they want.