PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Springs

Baconator
05-31-2011, 7:56 PM
I purchased a 10 round AR-15 USGI style magazine recently but could only get 5 rounds in it. I took it apart and found that it has a 30 round looking spring in it that is compressed most of the way closed. Is there a place that just sells 10 round springs?

chesterthehero
05-31-2011, 7:59 PM
where are you located?

ive got a few kicking around and i could use a new 30rd spring

Baconator
05-31-2011, 8:29 PM
where are you located?

ive got a few kicking around and i could use a new 30rd spring

Beaumont. This thing looks really compressed though, like its been in there like this for a while. I don't know if it was a mistake or what.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefe2436-c0ab-24cb.jpg

blazeaglory
05-31-2011, 9:09 PM
I purchased a 10 round AR-15 USGI style magazine recently but could only get 5 rounds in it. I took it apart and found that it has a 30 round looking spring in it that is compressed most of the way closed. Is there a place that just sells 10 round springs?

just cut it to length

Baconator
05-31-2011, 9:10 PM
just cut it to length

I guess that would be the easiest thing huh? Thanks, hadn't thought about that.

blazeaglory
05-31-2011, 9:13 PM
I guess that would be the easiest thing huh? Thanks, hadn't thought about that.

i had bought a mag from some dumb website and the disclaimer said "if mag spring arrives too long just cut to length" ...WTF??

anyways, sure enough it arrived and i cut it but i didnt like the idea. if you do cut it try to find a similar mag to compare springs and not cut the spring too short or in a wierd way that would make it slip around. it might void warranty also

maybe its a defect or mistake? did you call the company? seems odd

Baconator
05-31-2011, 9:16 PM
i had bought a mag from some dumb website and the disclaimer said "if mag spring arrives too long just cut to length" ...WTF??

anyways, sure enough it arrived and i cut it but i didnt like the idea. if you do cut it try to find a similar mag to compare springs and not cut the spring too short or in a wierd way that would make it slip around.

maybe its a defect? did you call the company?

I got it second hand, and for real cheap. I'm gonna stretch it out and then I'll be able to compare it to another 10 rounder I have for cutting length, some tin snips should work I think.

Thanks again!

blazeaglory
05-31-2011, 9:18 PM
good luck:D