View Full Version : Taking P.O.S.T tomorrow!

05-31-2011, 6:28 PM
Taking my P.O.S.T. for the USSS tomorrow. Anyone else here going? Any tips?:43: I'm happy to finally get word back and at least get the process started. From what I've heard some people received their initial interview right afterwards if they passed, so I'm trying to brush up on my info. This is going to be a first for me, so I can use any and all good vibes sent my way!

05-31-2011, 7:29 PM
Not sure if P.O.S.T. for USSS is same as regular police officer exam or not. If same, it is not that difficult long as you went over study guide or SAT material. I did applied to USSS before, but position I have applied did not want CA residents that time so I got bumped out. Oh well, I am happy with my Border Patrol process right now. Good luck to you tomorrow and make sure you get a good night sleep before the test. As for the interview, just be yourself and try to relax. Don't try to answer the way you think they want to hear, but answer it as you think it is right. Finally, I would dress nice since you might have to do the initial interview right after the test.

05-31-2011, 9:48 PM
Through every step of the process, dress the part. Even if you have to go in for one minute to sign something, look the part. You're always being watched. Good luck!

06-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys! I'm here in the parking structure biting my nails and trying to formulate some answers to questions they might ask if I do have to go through an initial interview today. At the same time, trying not to over think it. Here we go!

06-01-2011, 3:47 PM
Well, how'd it go?

06-01-2011, 4:51 PM
Just got home. POST was really easy. They said we would be emailed within 3 weeks if we passed and sent our packets to complete. No initial interview, but they said it's the next step. They really pressed the importance of fitness and what would be required of us. Time to really ramp it up. Work and working out will be my life for the next few months I feel.

06-01-2011, 5:02 PM
It'll pay off in the long run.

06-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Definitely. I'm looking forward to it. Now to come up with a routine. Any tips on running and how to get started on it seriously?

06-02-2011, 6:10 AM
Get in contact with Jeanie, she can put together a quick plan or even just provide tips

Tell her Michael sent you

06-04-2011, 7:52 PM
try p90x it was great. I would do my p90x work out in the morning then run about 3 miles at night. I lost 30 pounds and have more energy now than i have since high school.

06-04-2011, 9:27 PM
CA P.O.S.T. test is cake. I had a really good T-Score.

I've heard rumors that you can use this score at agencues that use the same P.O.S.T. exam and wave the written test. If you go to an academy it will be included in your file plus I got mailed a copy of my score (funny thing is it's in a box somewhere?)

Good Luck!

06-05-2011, 4:12 PM
Thanks guys!

Wanted to do p90x, but living on the 3rd floor of my apt. is killer. My neighbors always come up when I'm riding my bike or when my roommate is playing the Kinect.

06-08-2011, 7:47 PM
HMmm...Just got an E-mail from Signal Hill to schedule my P.O.S.T with them. Since I've already taken it with the USSS, do I have to take it again? I'm not sure I'll receive my results by the date I have to test with Signal Hill. Any insight?