PDA

View Full Version : Just got my first shotgun!

H_Wimbleton
05-31-2011, 2:56 PM
Howdy folks! Just moved in from Syracuse, NY to this "wonderful" state of Kalifornia. Anyhow went to Big 5 today to pick up My Mossberg M590 Special Purpose and just loving it so far. In the future I want to change out the stock and fore end for a wooden stock and fore end (thinking of going with a blend of old school and tactical project). My question is: Is it possible to take stocks and fore ends from the M500 and install them on the M590? I've been searching a bit with google for a solid answer but no avail. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

prc77
05-31-2011, 5:15 PM
Yes
BTW California is spelled with a C and yes, it is Wonderful, even with all its issues.

BigDogatPlay
05-31-2011, 6:34 PM
Yes... stocks and fore ends should interchange just fine.

Welcome to California. Enjoy giving even more of your money to the government than you did in New York.

:D

bjl333
05-31-2011, 8:12 PM
Welcome to Calguns & California !!!

bsg
05-31-2011, 8:22 PM
welcome to the forum.

H_Wimbleton
05-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! Can't wait wait to make this shotgun go "old school". Funny thing when I picked up the shotgun I talked to a gunsmith about parts comparability and he said there was none at all... Though they seem exactly the same. Thanks for the help!

Charles M. Failure
05-31-2011, 11:05 PM
Howdy folks! Just moved in from Syracuse, NY to this "wonderful" state of Kalifornia. Anyhow went to Big 5 today to pick up My Mossberg M590 Special Purpose and just loving it so far. In the future I want to change out the stock and fore end for a wooden stock and fore end (thinking of going with a blend of old school and tactical project). My question is: Is it possible to take stocks and fore ends from the M500 and install them on the M590? I've been searching a bit with google for a solid answer but no avail. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I'm hearing lately that newer 500/590s have forend/charging rails that are NOT separable. I'm trying to find out about my 590 SP. I was thinking about "old schooling" mine, but have decided to keep stock, so to speak.

MrExel17
06-01-2011, 9:32 AM
Welcome to Calguns! Congrats on the shotty and perfect pick. I'm a Mossberg guys myself. As far as your question, to what I have been explained before all 500 series are all adaptable with each other. But not 100% sure of the old school going into the newer models. I would probably take the stock first since it is held with a long a%* screw then work from there. If I held to bet I would say yes. Good luck and Congrats!

oldguy870
06-01-2011, 9:36 AM
Great choice!

MossbergMan
06-01-2011, 9:38 AM
Welcome to Calguns and the wonderful world of Mossbergs!!!
Now save your money. Don't spend it on gadgets. Buy ammo get trained on it's proper use. :2:

soundwave
06-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Nice pick! Few things more fun than blasting with a shotgun.

Welcome and congrats :)

Bigtime1
06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Welcome to California. Enjoy giving even more of your money to the government than you did in New York.

:D

Sad, but true. Who ever woulda thunk NY would have a governor more frugal than CA....

BigDogatPlay
06-01-2011, 1:36 PM
[thread jack]

Sad, but true. Who ever woulda thunk NY would have a governor more frugal than CA....

I've come to the conclusion, even though (arguably) Jerry Brown is something of a friend of ours on 2A, that the other 49 governors put together are more frugal than our governor.

Spend, spend, spend.... tax, tax, tax. His two pronged approach to everything that ails the state.

:(

[/thread jack]

Bigtime1
06-01-2011, 2:35 PM
Welcome to Calguns and the wonderful world of Mossbergs!!!
Now save your money. Don't spend it on gadgets. Buy ammo get trained on it's proper use. :2:

Ya, take Mossberg Man's SG1 class (oops, that was last week!)