PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Button

zoid52
05-31-2011, 2:46 PM
I installed my BB when I assembled my lower receiver. It looks like the BB is backing out as I can see 2 lines of threads in the BB . Do I need to disassemble the lower to retighten the BB?

IntoForever
05-31-2011, 2:52 PM
Should be able to push the BB in all the way with the tightening tool and rotate the magazine catch so it almost touches the lower. Line the part up with the opening, drop it in and should be good.

Edit: There is no way my BB can back out so you should watch to see if it happens again and if so, check to make sure the threads are not shot.

Prince50
05-31-2011, 3:41 PM
If the threads on the magazine catch are small, the center nut in a Bullet ButtonŽ can turn out. A small amount of locktite will prevent this.

For a less drastic fix, you can apply a small amount of locktite on the threads, (Blue) and then let it dry completly before assembly.

You do need to remove the upper from the lower when your Bullet ButtonŽ is not in place to remain legal. no need to remove the PG or anything other than splitting the top and bottom receivers.

Best Regards,

Darin.

hardluck
05-31-2011, 4:17 PM
If the threads on the magazine catch are small, the center nut in a Bullet ButtonŽ can turn out. A small amount of locktite will prevent this.

For a less drastic fix, you can apply a small amount of locktite on the threads, (Blue) and then let it dry completly before assembly.

You do need to remove the upper from the lower when your Bullet ButtonŽ is not in place to remain legal. no need to remove the PG or anything other than splitting the top and bottom receivers.

Best Regards,

Darin.

^ love this site
have a problem & the MAN chimes in with the fix
where else can you get this kind of service......

zoid52
05-31-2011, 4:35 PM
I did not receive a tool with my BB. Ive tried to tighten it already in place. No screwdriver seems to fit.

tenpercentfirearms
06-01-2011, 9:38 AM
I did not receive a tool with my BB. Ive tried to tighten it already in place. No screwdriver seems to fit.

A narrow screw driver should work no problem. Go buy one for a couple of bucks at the hardware store.

magsnubby
06-01-2011, 8:42 PM
...apply a small amount of locktite on the threads, (Blue) and then let it dry completly before assembly.

The instruction that came with my bullet button recommended using Locktite.

Bigtwin
06-01-2011, 9:13 PM
WOW, how is that for service?!

bwiese
06-01-2011, 9:26 PM
^ love this site
have a problem & the MAN chimes in with the fix
where else can you get this kind of service......

Darin is a Prince!

:)