PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Drug War, arm the Mexican citizens.

nicki
05-31-2011, 1:31 PM
Do you think we should call on our elected officials to attack the Mexican Government for it's victim disarmanent policies that have left their citizens sitting ducks in the cross fire between rival drug gangs.

I think Mexico should significantly revise their gun laws so that the average citizen can acquire handguns, shotguns and even "assault rifles" so that they can stand up to the "Drug Cartels.

I think Mexicans should be allowed to also carry guns for self defense.

What we should consider pushing is both "self defense" and "community defense".

Mexico's government is corrupt, so I don't expect motion. What I do expect though is we change the terms of the public debate.

The hispanic community in this state has their own media and it is possible that we could reach this community if we had some of our people reach out.

I know we have people here with hispanic heritage who are bi-lingual.

75 percent of Americans believe the right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right.

It won't take much to get public opinion to adopt the position that self defense is a fundamental human right that all humans should have regardless of what country you live in.'

Please take poll so all of us can get a feel on this.

Nicki

Bhobbs
05-31-2011, 1:54 PM
Our elected officials are trying to disarm us. At least our state officials. I doubt they would vote on a resolution condemning the vulnerable state of Mexican citizens.

oni.dori
05-31-2011, 4:04 PM
Where's the "all of the above" button?

PsychGuy274
05-31-2011, 4:09 PM
No, it's not our job to build nations and tell countries how to govern. It's their problem; let them deal with it.

Merc1138
05-31-2011, 4:11 PM
Where's the "all of the above" button?

It's multiple choice, you can check them all...

cqbdude
05-31-2011, 4:17 PM
Allow people here to send guns to Mexican friends, relatives.

I think the BATF is already doing the above for the Mexican people..

curtisfong
05-31-2011, 4:26 PM
I think the BATF is already doing the above for the Mexican people drug cartels..

Fixed it for you.

uyoga
05-31-2011, 5:26 PM
The best defense against a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.

SGT Loco
05-31-2011, 5:31 PM
It would be great in principle, but the Mexican people are so outgunned and out-...brutalized, I guess?- by the cartels, I don't think many of them would use their own weapons on the criminals out of fear for themselves and their families. The cartels mindset is this- "Shoot at us will you? Watch us brutally rape and/or murder your entire extended family in front of you, before we kill you too."

zhyla
05-31-2011, 8:18 PM
No, it's not our job to build nations and tell countries how to govern. It's their problem; let them deal with it.

Exactly. Haven't we invaded enough countries this century?

vantec08
06-01-2011, 11:35 AM
http://constitutionclub.org/2011/06/01/viva-mexico-dos/

gunfire/shootout school drills

1sicklx
06-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Do you think we should call on our elected officials to attack the Mexican Government for it's victim disarmanent policies that have left their citizens sitting ducks in the cross fire between rival drug gangs.

I think Mexico should significantly revise their gun laws so that the average citizen can acquire handguns, shotguns and even "assault rifles" so that they can stand up to the "Drug Cartels.

I think Mexicans should be allowed to also carry guns for self defense.

What we should consider pushing is both "self defense" and "community defense".

Mexico's government is corrupt, so I don't expect motion. What I do expect though is we change the terms of the public debate.

The hispanic community in this state has their own media and it is possible that we could reach this community if we had some of our people reach out.

I know we have people here with hispanic heritage who are bi-lingual.

75 percent of Americans believe the right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right.

It won't take much to get public opinion to adopt the position that self defense is a fundamental human right that all humans should have regardless of what country you live in.'

Please take poll so all of us can get a feel on this.

Nicki

I love your idea, but this will never happend...next thing you know there is a full revolution by the poor in mexico againts the government, if most average mexican's were armed...i think a revolutioin is the last thing the american government needs..

1sicklx
06-01-2011, 11:45 AM

THE NEW AGE OF AMERICAN IMPERIALISM, is happening right now...

OnTheTrail
06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
It would be great in principle, but the Mexican people are so outgunned and out-...brutalized, I guess?- by the cartels, I don't think many of them would use their own weapons on the criminals out of fear for themselves and their families. The cartels mindset is this- "Shoot at us will you? Watch us brutally rape and/or murder your entire extended family in front of you, before we kill you too."

This.

So much of the violence is cartel vs. cartel. What are a few armed citizens gonna do when 40 heavily armed thugs in armored trucks have a gun battle. Run out outside and take them on like Rambo. I don't think so.

wash
06-01-2011, 1:05 PM
How about ending the drug war?

De-criminalize and let American farmers and chemists supply low cost drugs to Americans.

Hell, reverse the drug flow, that might make Mexico enforce the border.

This is better than any other alternative.

curtisfong
06-01-2011, 1:34 PM
Hell, reverse the drug flow, that might make Mexico enforce the border.

Heh. That is a creative solution.

Uriah02
06-01-2011, 2:14 PM
Being that the Mexican people allow such a regime to keep them unprotected or to protect themselves it is on them to change the system or get out.

wash
06-01-2011, 2:22 PM
Heh. That is a creative solution.
You could even tax it too.

If Obama wanted to be a shoe-in for a second term, that's all he has to do. It would solve the economy, reduce crime, get Mexico off our back and the dope heads would be happy (can you say voting block?).

It's so obvious I'm surprised he hasn't done it.

PsychGuy274
06-01-2011, 2:29 PM
Being that the Mexican people allow such a regime to keep them unprotected or to protect themselves it is on them to change the system or get out.

Kind of like out-of-state firearm retailers tell us that if we don't like our gun laws to vote them out or leave California?

It doesn't exactly work that way.

dustoff31
06-01-2011, 2:29 PM
Issue weapons and ammo seized from criminals to illegals that are here in the US.

Then send them back to MX with instructions to do the jobs that most Americans don't want to do.

Tell them if they do it right, they will have a real nice place and won't have to come here for jobs.

Everybody wins.