PDA

View Full Version : Jim Beale. Dis. 14 SJ/Santa clara/Santa cruz Co.

diginit
05-30-2011, 7:34 PM
I posted this on the AB 144 post, But want more exposure. I opposed Ab 144. Sent a nice letter to Jim Beale. He responded saying he supported gun rights. Next thing I knew I got a letter from the assembly California legislature saying

"Thank you for contacting my office reguarding AB 144, firearms. I want to take this opprotunity to apprise you of the latest action action taken by the Ca state assembly.
Ab 144 passed out of the assembly with a 46-29 vote. I supported AB 144 when it came before me for a vote on the floor of the assembly. AB 144 is currently pending before the senate rules committee. (The LIAR supported this?)
I hope this information is helpfull to you . While we may not agree on AB 144. I appreciate your imput and hope you will keep me informed on your views ETC. BS. ETC."Quoting from his letter..."

I did. Just sent him a very polite email saying that we don't want liars representing us. nicely. Hope he chokes on it...

I Think that Jim Beale representing district 14 is a 2 faced politician that only wants to be re-elected. No matter what...
It really is time for "CHANGE" Isn't it apparent he is full of sh*t?

bwiese
05-30-2011, 8:03 PM
His name is spelled Jim BEALL.

sometimes that makes a difference - in his case, prob not.

He's definitely a social welfare statist. The man even wants to tax beer [more than it already is].

curtisfong
05-30-2011, 8:04 PM
Disgusting.

GW
05-30-2011, 8:14 PM
But he gives out free pancakes and cares about the children...:grouphug:

Goosebrown
05-30-2011, 9:22 PM
For the Children.... where is your heart?

Falconis
05-30-2011, 9:37 PM
kum bai yaaaaaaa .....

Falconis
05-31-2011, 2:01 AM
BTW I wrote Boxer and Feinstein about 10 years ago expressing my displeasure with anti gun laws in general and the only response I ever received was from boxer stating she believed the 2A was meant for militias only and blah blah blah.

I wrote again after McDonald and I am still waiting for a response.

Falconis
05-31-2011, 2:01 AM
BTW I wrote Boxer and Feinstein about 10 years ago expressing my displeasure with anti gun laws in general and the only response I ever received was from boxer stating she believed the 2A was meant for militias only and blah blah blah.

I wrote again after McDonald and I am still waiting for a response.

Left Coast Conservative
05-31-2011, 6:08 AM
I did the same and got exactly the same letter in response. Seems like it is a form letter generated by the staff. He will never change.

cadurand
05-31-2011, 9:40 AM
I used to live in this guy's district. I sent many an email to him asking him to support gun rights. It did little good.

Back then his main focus was taxing liquor. He really wanted to nail drinkers. I think he wanted to use the money to pay for more Emergency Rooms or something like that. He didn't seem to be getting much support for his ideas, which was fine with me. I don't drink but I think taxes suck and sin taxes are the worst taxes of them all.

I had one decent sent of back and forth him by email and it was pretty clear he thinks the Government is the solution to anything, you just gotta spend more money.

After he taxes booze to high hell he'll probably want to tax ammo and guns.

LiquidFlorian
05-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Does he have a challenger we can put some support behind?

TimRB
05-31-2011, 12:43 PM
It will remain so until we can actually get fair political districts in California where politicians actually have to worry about being reelected. Until then, our main relief will be found in the courts.

Tim

nicki
05-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Jim has been around a long time and there isn't a gun control bill that he won't vote for.

I would rate him a "F".

Like it or not we are stuck with Jim Beall and others like him. The saving grace we have is we do have "term limits".

Of course "term limits" are a double edge sword in that our guys also get "termed out".

Our focus in the future will have to be on the city council/county supervisor races because that is where future assemblymen/state senators and other electecd officials come from.

We need to have grass roots teams to talk with potential candidates for the lower offices because right now that is not being done.

Like it or not, many voters want "experienced elected officials", so the low key races which are under the radar are our keys to protecting firearms rights on a local level.

Contrary to what many here belief, politicians are "HUMAN".

Someone running for office knows they have to make alliances, otherwise they have no chance of being elected.

We respresent a block of voters that wants nothing from government except to be left alone. In short, we are an easy group to please. The issue is that we need to build relationships before someone is ready to run for state or national office.

People tend to remember people who stood by them when they weren't "important and powerful".

If an assembly or state senate candidate knew that come election time that he could count on 1000 people donating 4 to 8 hours time and 100 dollars each, we wouldn't have a gun control problem.

We have 80 assembly seats, so that is 8 million dollars.
We have 40 state senate seats, so that is another 4 million.

Nicki

sobiloff
05-31-2011, 5:40 PM
Jim's termed-out and is now running for senate <http://www.jimbeall.com/>.

I heard that some concerned citizens in Santa Clara talked with him about his 2nd Amendment votes during some of his coffee klatches, after which he toned-down his rhetoric and focused on his anti-alcohol efforts. I don't think it ultimately changed any of his votes, but it did seem to mute his cheerleading against the 2nd.

The challenge now is to prevent him from becoming a Senator for the 11th District.

BoxesOfLiberty
05-31-2011, 7:28 PM
I got a copy of the same steaming pile from the same elected steaming pile.

The Wingnut
06-01-2011, 8:54 AM
Beall has always been hard left.

Funny thing, I remember having to talk to my state representative for a Boy Scouts project, and he met my dad and me at Bob's Big Boy(I'm dating myself) down the street. Seemed like a nice enough guy at the time. I was disappointed years later when I saw his voting record.

diginit
06-01-2011, 10:35 PM
I responded to his email before I read these comments, Stating "You said you were Pro gun in your email, Yet you supported AB 144? How could this be? I see a two faced politician. You are sure to lose alot of votes when I post this on the net. J.

And my posts will not stop here...I was just searching my outlook express for these emails... They were not in my inbox or sent items... WTF??? Have I been hacked by our govn't???

CalNRA
06-02-2011, 6:44 AM
Seemed like a nice enough guy at the time. I was disappointed years later when I saw his voting record.

Welcome to politics!!!;)