PDA

View Full Version : OLL's come Jan 1 2007

captdecoy
12-11-2006, 10:42 PM
What do you think the DOJ will do?

Solidsnake87
12-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Hopefully they will ban everything so we can register our goodies. Then companies will make new OLLs to start the process anew.

bwiese
12-11-2006, 10:47 PM
On or after 1/1/07? Nothing.

Past 1/1/2007 they can't list - they gave that up when they sponsored (read: begged for) AB2728.

As it is, there appears to be rumours of current serious list integrity problems causing recent DOJ internal strife. Some case where Iggy went one way but his bosses went the other - and they held a half-day meeting about a week or so ago to try to deal with it...

What's more important is that certain specific DOJ FD staff changes are happening Jan. 9 (or is it the day after??)

Joe
12-11-2006, 10:48 PM
They will not list them, for sure. In my opinion this is a good thing.

arguy15
12-11-2006, 10:55 PM
I am glad that they are not going to list.
I would of never got my WASR and Saigas would not be selling in stores if they would listed.

xenophobe
12-11-2006, 10:56 PM
After January 1st, there is nothing they can do... except pray for new legislation.

2007 looks like it may be very, very promising to gun owners.

kap
12-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Nothing. Next year they will repeal SB23 and give a brand new AR-15 with a pistol grip, forward grip, seven-position telescoping stock (one more for all of our strife), 30-round removable magazine, and a flash hider to every law-abiding citizen of California. As for those courageous citizens that initiated the OLL sales in California, they will be awarded the California medal of valor and star in the next Arnold Schwarzenegger film about their story "O'LL be back".

hoffmang
12-11-2006, 11:48 PM
kap,

You say that to make a joke... but the amount of potential truth in there is high.

-Gene

kap
12-11-2006, 11:52 PM
Don't tease me Hoff. I would love to see Arnold "acting" again.

metalhead357
12-12-2006, 12:10 AM
TWO WEEKS

TIll nothing:D

xenophobe
12-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Don't tease me Hoff.

No joke. Your comments are closer to reality than you might imagine...

kap
12-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Now I'm giddy with anticipation at the potential of my sarcastic prophecy.

PLINK
12-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Something will happen and that is:

Alot of Gun shops/ FFL's who chose not to transfer OLL's during the year 2006 will start selling/transfering them because the DOJ will finally tell the public that rifles configured within the current laws are legal (fixed mag with a mag lock that requires a tool/ evil featureless).

This will make me feel:

1. Pissed off because they NOW want to cash in on all of the hard work of the NRA, interested parties, Cal Gunners, supporting FFL's and vendors.

2. Glad that they finally seen the light which in return we will see more AR, AK, FAL, etc receivers, parts and goodies at gun shops and CA gun shows. This will hopefully attract other out of state companies/ vendors to CA gun shows. The more people have them the more it will be the norm and all of CA will catch BRD.

guitartguy
12-12-2006, 12:59 AM
kap,

You say that to make a joke... but the amount of potential truth in there is high.

-Gene

This type of optimism makes me happy. :) And gives me a lot of hope for the future of our state.

how long until we have the freedoms folks in Vermont or Idaho have? :rolleyes:

Ford8N
12-12-2006, 6:18 AM
The DOJ will do nothing.

And more and more OLL's will flood into the state. More and more store front FFL's will start selling OLL's. Folks will be have their cali compliant OLL's taken by uninformed LEO's. Only to have them returned. LEO's will throw up their hands not knowing what is legal and what is not. The DOJ will continue to fail to update the AW identification booklet. Lots of wasted tax payer money and time. SB-23 will be a joke, especially because of 2728.;)

And this all could have been avoided if the DOJ had listed.:p

PIRATE14
12-12-2006, 8:06 AM
You might get a few more FFL into the game but not many. It's been a year and there are still tons of guys that I deal with that won't touch'em.
Just continue to support those that have helped you out so far.

LEGISLATION will probably be hitting the streets sometime this year.

In the meantime, several 308s will be available in 07.:D

Chaingun
12-12-2006, 11:15 AM
No new listing, nothing

Michael303
12-12-2006, 11:34 AM
I don't see anything happening by the end of this year. Governments are designed to move slowly, so we'd have some sort of indicator if they were going to do something in the next two weeks.

Of course, I've been wrong before...

mltrading
12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
There would be a bill named "AB-IDTPOLIT", which proposes to ban idiotic politicians from making stupid laws to steal our 2A.:D

MonsterMan
12-12-2006, 11:54 AM
I think that they will try to go through with the "clarification" of the capacity to accept issue and it will not go so well for them. I really don't think that they will update the list. If they were going to rely on the list, then they would have listed a long time ago and also they wouldn't have put forward a bill to have their ability to list taken away.

That action of not letting anyone add to the list after 1-1-07 is to make sure that no one can come in and add to the list after this current AG leaves office. He is determined to not ever let us have our features and to not let a registration occur. They know if they list, new OLL's come out next year and nothing changes. All that would have changed if they list is we get to have our 'features' and OLL's will still be here next year. Sure they will be destroyed when we die, but think of the numbers of OLL's that will come into the state after 1-1-07. They can't take those away.

MM

RANGER295
12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
kap,

-Gene
Gene, you have no idea how anxious I am to find out what you have been hinting to over the last few weeks. I am like a little kid on Christmas. Please note that this is just a statement and that I am not trying to get you to say anything before it is wise to do so. I am a pessimist by nature but I am more optimistic about our situation than I have been since the late 1990ís. So Hoo-ah OLLís for evryone:D

mailman
12-12-2006, 12:27 PM
I think they are not going to do anything, in fact I think they are going to attempt to enforce the fact that they consider OLL's illegal, then we will have our REAL test case. who really knows for sure though. I'll be in NV anywayz:D

tpliquid1
12-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Ban Em!!!!!!!

TonyNorCal
12-12-2006, 12:45 PM
I have no inside information.

This is what I see...

No list prior to the New Year.
No significant change in the coming year.

In other words, things will be much as they are today.

Off-list rifles will still need to conform to the characteristics/12276.1 statute. In my view the new law doesn't really change much. What's illegal now will still be illegal then. Sure, the DOJ won't be able to list...but they haven't been anyway...so not much of a change there.

Prosecutors will have a reduced option. This doesn't change the legal status of anything, it just means there's a potentially lower penalty. Of course, a prosecutor can still ream someone with a more serious charge if it so fancies them.

So my view...

Nothing really changes in terms of legal status...rifles legal today will still be legal and the configuration requirements today will still apply then.

One thing that will change is that more FFLs may decide to deal with these items and some rifles that people consider near the edge my start coming in.

Aside from that I don't really see much difference.

12-12-2006, 1:24 PM
I will be honest. I have no clue whats coming in the new year, but after listening to Hoff, I'm kind curious.