PDA

View Full Version : Chief of Police wants to change Mexico's Constitution

uyoga
05-30-2011, 2:52 PM
Some see it the way it is!

http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=w7002012

"When you fight someone and at least you have a 'piece,' the person who is attacking you might think twice," "We cannot go on the way we are."

"Having a weapon should be a right, because the bad guys are few and we, the good guys, are many, so we can't allow ourselves to be held hostage by the few,"

Ramon Almonte, Chief of Police, Guerrero State, Mexico

Saigon1965
05-30-2011, 2:55 PM
Excellent idea Senor Almonte - But watch your six -

Cuerno_de_Chivo
05-30-2011, 2:56 PM
Yes many want to change it, but none will do so. Why? They "magically" disappear one night and are never seen again.

bob7122
05-30-2011, 3:05 PM
Yes many want to change it, but none will do so. Why? They "magically" disappear one night and are never seen again.

NO THEY GO TO SLEEP ALIVE AND WAKE UP DEAD

then they get sprayed with holy water and are vaporized by the santa muerte. DUHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

ojisan
05-30-2011, 3:11 PM
When the bad guys have guns, the good guys have to have guns, too.
It's not that hard to figure out.

Norsemen308
05-30-2011, 3:15 PM
Its time to declare mexico a failed state. I am telling you this if we gave Navy seal 6 a week and unlimited resources.. we could cut the heads off of every major cartel and leave them dumb deaf and blind...

one week of pounding them into the ground and we wouldnt have this problem..

actually... I change my mind... One fully fueled AC-130 and a 10 hour flight time, and we probably would be done.

pTa
05-30-2011, 3:30 PM
Why cant Amrrican Police Chiefs see things that way?

nyc71
05-30-2011, 3:47 PM
He is a brave man, too bad he's not gonna be around too long.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

nick
05-30-2011, 3:57 PM

Many do.

Super Spy
05-30-2011, 4:37 PM
This would be great for the people of Mexico, and not so great for the cartels....I wonder if this guy lasts the week?

CCWFacts
05-30-2011, 4:52 PM
The Mexican constitutional already has an RKBA. This shows that, it doesn't matter what is written on a dusty old piece of paper, if the citizens don't believe in the right and defend it. It's an important lesson for us. The Bill of Rights is nothing but a dusty and powerless piece of paper unless we are eternally vigilant.

Merc1138
05-30-2011, 5:00 PM

Don't confuse CA and NY politicians with police chiefs in the rest of the country.

Pred@tor
05-30-2011, 5:07 PM
The Mexican constitutional already has an RKBA. This shows that, it doesn't matter what is written on a dusty old piece of paper, if the citizens don't believe in the right and defend it. It's an important lesson for us. The Bill of Rights is nothing but a dusty and powerless piece of paper unless we are eternally vigilant.

Especially the 4th Amedment... its insane whats going on right now...

CCWFacts
05-30-2011, 5:42 PM
Especially the 4th Amedment... its insane whats going on right now...

I was actually thinking about the wanton disregard for the 4th which is happening right now. Only a handful of Congressmen stood up to the Patriot Act, and what's sad is that the Patriot Act is just the cherry on top of a long long list of abuses. We've re-adjusted our expectations to be so low that worrying about the Patriot Act is like worrying about going bald after your legs have been cut off.

bob7122
05-30-2011, 5:52 PM
spec ops team with an ac-130

OleCuss
05-30-2011, 9:25 PM
Mexico would be a tough nut to crack. It'd take a fair number of Spec Ops teams with lots of air and logistical teams - and probably a number of FOB's as well.

Lots of money and resources means you have armed mobility as well as heavily defended compounds. I'd not even bet against their having man portable SAM's.

Pretty much any capability that the Mexican army has you should bet the cartels have, too.

Still, give Spec Ops the mission and a good set of ROE's and while it might take a few months, they'd substantially degrade the cartels.

And has anyone noticed that here in the U.S., the Chiefs of Police who favor arming the good guys generally live in low crime areas?

Pred@tor
05-30-2011, 9:38 PM
The government aint gonna go in and kill no cartels they help fuel the drug war. The drug war gets us money for black projects. :D

Dreaded Claymore
05-30-2011, 9:41 PM
Its time to declare mexico a failed state. I am telling you this if we gave Navy seal 6 a week and unlimited resources.. we could cut the heads off of every major cartel and leave them dumb deaf and blind...

actually... I change my mind... One fully fueled AC-130 and a 10 hour flight time, and we probably would be done.

I am absolutely sick and tired of "regime change" projects in dusty, oil-rich countries. But if the war in Iraq had never happened and I wasn't so disillusioned, I'd agree. Send some A-10s too, let's see how well their technicals fare against GRISHNAHK BRINGER OF DOOM!

CCWFacts
05-30-2011, 10:26 PM

Blah blah blah...

They've been saying that kind of thing for YEARS every time they killed a big narco. All they needed to do is kill Pablo Escobar and the whole problem would be over... oh wait, that was in 1993 and it made no difference, and in fact made it worse because the cartels decentralized after that.

Here's a secret: for every big narco out there, there are ten more ready to take his place, and for each of those ten, there are ten willing to take their places too.

Imagine some big industry here. Let's take the software industry, just as a thought experiment. "Ok, if we kill Steve Jobs, Larry Page, Mark Zuckerberg and Larry Ellison, the software industry will be gone forever". (No one has some big reason to want to kill the software industry but I'm using it as an example.)

Would that really end the software industry, or would there be a hundred people eager to take their places, and even more people in other countries? Of course it would shift to new people, new companies, new countries, new market approaches.

And the illegal drug industry is bigger than the software industry and it doesn't require as much education or brilliance to be good at it.

Rattlehead
05-30-2011, 11:29 PM
I am telling you this if we gave Navy seal 6 a week and unlimited resources.. we could cut the heads off of every major cartel and leave them dumb deaf and blind...

True, but afterwards it would go back to the way it is now within a of couple weeks.

oni.dori
05-30-2011, 11:41 PM

Correction, why can't CALIFORNIA Police Chiefs see things that way?

I am absolutely sick and tired of "regime change" projects in dusty, oil-rich countries. But if the war in Iraq had never happened and I wasn't so disillusioned, I'd agree. Send some A-10s too, let's see how well their technicals fare against GRISHNAHK BRINGER OF DOOM!

Hahahahaha Grishnahk Bringer of Doom! I know that is a reference to something, I just can't for the life of me remember what.

packnrat
05-31-2011, 3:15 AM
i wonder how quickly the drug bosses will kill this guy. as having armed people will hurt there power base.

ccmc
05-31-2011, 4:50 AM
Don't confuse CA and NY politicians with police chiefs in the rest of the country.

Absolutely right. The sheriff in my county in FL has been on the local TV news several times over the years encouraging law abiding citizens to get their FL CWFL.

Liberty1
05-31-2011, 4:54 AM
Cut the head off the snake by ending prohibition. And what the chief said.

Pixs
05-31-2011, 9:47 AM
There are no simple solutions for complex problems. One thing, do you think it is time to add Mexico's almost complete lack of ability to have its citizens armed to the list of reasons for our RTBA?

POLICESTATE
05-31-2011, 9:52 AM
Mexico is an object lesson in failure.

WTSGDYBBR
05-31-2011, 10:12 AM
I hope they do change it. Now mex will not say we traffic firearms there no longer.

POLICESTATE
05-31-2011, 11:25 AM
I hope they do change it. Now mex will not say we traffic firearms there no longer.

Not true, ATF gunrunners are above the law.

Dreaded Claymore
06-06-2011, 4:59 PM
"Ok, if we kill Steve Jobs, Larry Page, Mark Zuckerberg and Larry Ellison, the software industry will be gone forever". (No one has some big reason to want to kill the software industry but I'm using it as an example.)

I don't hate the entire industry, but I really, really hate Apple and Microsoft.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab17/DreadedClaymore/kill_bill.jpg

Spaceghost
06-06-2011, 5:04 PM
I am pretty sure the sixth man to become a SEAL is retired. Might want to go further down the list.

Andy Taylor
06-06-2011, 8:48 PM

My father is a retired American police chief. He sees things this way.