View Full Version : LASD recruiting videos

Tacit Blue
05-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Here are some classic 80's LASD recruting videos :rockon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISzwjCFSxbM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yMko5DakI&feature=related

retired
05-30-2011, 4:11 PM
I didn't watch more than a few seconds of the 2nd one, but boy, did the first one bring back some memories. I recall when that one came out.

I used to work with the female deputy that was in the rear seat of the car with those two weird looking guys. Good people.

In the ride scene at Universal, the guy in the first seat was the producer of most of the training films the dept. made including this one. I worked with him in the jail when I first hired on and did some training films for him later when he worked in the media unit. Another good person.

I also worked with the first male deputy doing the song. He is a lt. now. One of the others is a Division Chief and the black deputy retired years later as a Capt. I had the pleasure and honor in working with or for all of them at one time.

Thanks for showing that link Tacit Blue; it was a trip down memory lane.:D

Samuelx
05-30-2011, 4:45 PM
Hey Retired,

When men were men... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQjGWbLE8EY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SrxNuUA8tM&feature=related

Jonathan Doe
05-30-2011, 8:11 PM
I used to work with the female deputy that was in the rear seat of the car with those two weird looking guys. Good people.

I used to work with her, also. Nice person. Actually, she wanted to recruit me to fraud investigation unit (bonus 2), but it was not my kind of work, so I had to decline. I ended up at weapons training instead.

I knew many deputies in the videos. It brings back some memories. I have those videos (on VHS tape). :cool:

Tacit Blue
05-30-2011, 9:18 PM
I didn't watch more than a few seconds of the 2nd one, but boy, did the first one bring back some memories. I recall when that one came out.

In the ride scene at Universal, the guy in the first seat was the producer of most of the training films the dept. made including this one. I worked with him in the jail when I first hired on and did some training films for him later when he worked in the media unit. Another good person.

I also worked with the first male deputy doing the song. He is a lt. now. One of the others is a Division Chief and the black deputy retired years later as a Capt. I had the pleasure and honor in working with or for all of them at one time.

Thanks for showing that link Tacit Blue; it was a trip down memory lane.:D

Hey, glad i could take you there! looks like i made your day:)

I really like those recruiting video's, wish i could patrol malibu on a quad with aviator sunglasses and women hanging off me :rolleyes:

thefiveoh
05-30-2011, 10:29 PM
All of that looks great, why didn't they show the jail deputies singing.. Wouldn't that be more realistic for the first three years of a new boots career lol

emvampyre
05-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Ahhh, those were the good old days...Different department now days...

Notorious
05-31-2011, 8:28 AM
Aren't all the departments different more or less... Progressive politics....

Notorious
05-31-2011, 9:28 AM
Isn't that Asian deputy in the boat the same one as the one in the infamous "Who are you?" video?

That's my favorite LASD video.

Tacit Blue
05-31-2011, 12:01 PM
All of that looks great, why didn't they show the jail deputies singing.. Wouldn't that be more realistic for the first three years of a new boots career lol

I'm sure they were too, the inmates were the choir boys . :D haha

thefiveoh
05-31-2011, 3:55 PM
lol!

retired
05-31-2011, 4:35 PM
Samuelx, I have actually seen those movies (can't call them videos since that was not yet invented:D) before. But they were waaayy before my time. Pitchess was the Sheriff when I hired on in 1976, but that movie was made in 1963. I was merely a young 13yr. old in 8th grade at the time.;)

topgun, I worked with her at MCJ when a newbie.

Tacit Blue, that deputy on the quad at the beach is one of the Assistant Sheriffs now if I'm not mistaken and from what I've heard, is being groomed to be the next Sheriff.

thefiveoh, trust me, the deputies in the jails didn't sing; they mostly cried since they had to be in that place with all of those dirtbags instead of patrol.:D

Tacit Blue
05-31-2011, 5:19 PM
Samuelx, I have actually seen those movies (can't call them videos since that was not yet invented:D) before. But they were waaayy before my time. Pitchess was the Sheriff when I hired on in 1976, but that movie was made in 1963. I was merely a young 13yr. old in 8th grade at the time.;)

topgun, I worked with her at MCJ when a newbie.

Tacit Blue, that deputy on the quad at the beach is one of the Assistant Sheriffs now if I'm not mistaken and from what I've heard, is being groomed to be the next Sheriff.

thefiveoh, trust me, the deputies in the jails didn't sing; they mostly cried since they had to be in that place with all of those dirtbags instead of patrol.:D

So your saying patrolling on a quad at the beach with beautiful Women, will improves your chances of being a assistant Sheriff:p.

Tacit Blue
05-31-2011, 5:24 PM
Your were right here he is

http://la-sheriff.org/aboutlasd/execs.html#tanaka

retired
05-31-2011, 6:59 PM
So your saying patrolling on a quad at the beach with beautiful Women, will improves your chances of being a assistant Sheriff:p.

I was pretty sure it was Tanaka, especially after reading the comments on the Youtube site.

Re your question; it certainly can't hurt:D, but there are other reasons.:whistling:

Jonathan Doe
05-31-2011, 7:51 PM
I was pretty sure it was Tanaka, especially after reading the comments on the Youtube site.

I thought so, too.

I enjoyed working on a patrol boat in Marina Del Rey,and bicycle patrol there as well. :)

emvampyre
05-31-2011, 10:44 PM
I enjoyed working on a patrol boat in Marina Del Rey,and bicycle patrol there as well. :)

Never got to work on the boats, worked the summer enforcement team several years in the Marina. Ahhh, those were some good times! My old partner worked the boats for a while. Told me it was the best gig she ever had...

Been at CJ for just under a year now, I haven't heard one deputy singing yet! (At least not a song that should be related here in a family setting!)

Twist18
06-03-2011, 9:26 PM
I like that black and white Jeep CJ with the lightbar in the first video, cool looking and very out of the ordinary!

Jonathan Doe
06-03-2011, 9:51 PM
Never got to work on the boats, worked the summer enforcement team several years in the Marina. Ahhh, those were some good times! My old partner worked the boats for a while. Told me it was the best gig she ever had...

Been at CJ for just under a year now, I haven't heard one deputy singing yet! (At least not a song that should be related here in a family setting!)

My MDR 27 alum. :)

TrailerparkTrash
06-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Man, those old videos and similar ones were why i wanted to be an LASD Dep. Sadly, the dept has changed sooooooooo much, its not the same. I still have 1/3rd of my career to go and being a cop in LA is no longer a thrill like it used to be. To much restrictive policy now that preventsa cop from using his/her own descretion.

Nice videos!