PDA

View Full Version : miltec-1

naimad
12-11-2006, 9:00 PM
miltec-1 this stuff works great some competition for break free clp i use that stuff to but im starting to like the miltec-1 lubricant better

chris
12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
used it in Iraq and it works great. take from someone who used in a comabat zone and relied on it for my life. one thing is you have to clean your weapon with it also. not a big deal after balsting 400 rds. in an hour or 2. miltech works when the rifle is being fired and also can be set it an oven, or leave it in the sun on a hot day that works too. to bake the oil into the metal.

phish
12-12-2006, 8:09 AM
Metal treatments like Militec and Prolong weren't meant to be rust inhibitors. Other than the fact that Militec tries to foist their stuff off as one on their website, it's actually an effective lubricant.

Those tests were only after rust inhibition. There were no tests involving a cross-axis friction tester.

ocabj
12-12-2006, 8:15 AM
I use Militec in my AR for a lubricant. It doesn't gum up like CLP in dusty conditions. I've had ARs jam at the range because of CLP and dust. I don't want that happening during a match. And I definitely wouldn't want it happening in combat. I'll use basic gun oil like Butch's or Montana to coat parts for rust prevention, but Militec is perfect for the AR.

1SGMAT
12-13-2006, 5:18 PM
MILITEC is better than CLP, but Slip 2000 is superior to both. Militec and CLP are gather to much dust. I used Slip 2000 in Iraq as well as most of my soldiers and I worked great. One of the most noticeable differences is that after a day in the sand and dust you will see all kinds of build up around the upper/lower seam or the ejection port and dust cover on Militec/clp weapons. The slip 2000 weapons it is barely noticeable.

jojosdad
12-14-2006, 2:57 AM
I've used Militech on my 1911s and they clean up really fast now. Used a hair dryer to preheat the parts before applying. I think I'll give the slip products a try now after reading the previous post though.
BTW - Thanks for being there for us 1SGMAT.

The SoCal Gunner
12-16-2006, 10:13 AM
I use Miltec also, at least what I have from the samples I ordered off their website. I also got samples from FP-10.