PDA

View Full Version : Coldwarshooters

pewpewguns
12-11-2006, 7:46 PM
I was at the end of purchasing a Doublestar Stripped lower from CWS , entered cc info and everything, when I decided I'd spend a little extra cash and go for more expensive shipping (hitting the back button). When I went back the price increased from 110 to 125 dollars! Wow! Talk about poor timing. I went ahead and ordered the damn thing even though I was a little angry, and sent an email to whoever reads emails at that website asking for reiumbursment. Do you guys think thats fair of me? I understand things like this happen when dealing with machines, but can you imagine a salesman doing this in real life? Hopefully I'll get my 15$ back.

Edit: All taken care of, CWS responded to my problem within minutes of emailing them! Great customer service, Let this incident attest to their commitment to the customer. Thank You guys.

SemiAutoSam
12-11-2006, 7:47 PM
Just call hector or michelle in the AM im sure they will fix you up.

pewpewguns
12-11-2006, 7:49 PM
Will do. Sounds like a solid company, I trust grammaton and he highly recommends them, (like most everyone on here ;) ) I'm not too worried about it, Just a little surprised it happened.

kantstudien
12-11-2006, 8:37 PM
No one made you order it, you saw the price increase, and then voluntarily ordered anyway. TS in my opinion, but they will probably make it "right" because they are like that.

Mize
12-11-2006, 9:28 PM
Why don't you ask if that $15 can be applied to more merchandise. Who couldn't use another mag or two?

Matt C
12-11-2006, 9:35 PM
They are great people, I bet they will make it right, although really it's on you if the price changed after you changed your mind and went back. If you were shopping at a store and you saw something you wanted on sale, did not buy it right away, and came back when the sale was over, it is the store's fault you pay a higher price?

Joe
12-11-2006, 9:44 PM
They are great people, I bet they will make it right, although really it's on you if the price changed after you changed your mind and went back. If you were shopping at a store and you saw something you wanted on sale, did not buy it right away, and came back when the sale was over, it is the store's fault you pay a higher price?

Guys I understand what you are saying but that's not really the situation. Its more like he went to walmart to buy ammo. He picks up the ammo and reads the price tag. It says $12.88. The person at the checkout stands asks if thats it. He says yes, then a second later he decides to buy a pack of gum also. When he gives the person the pack of gum they tell him the price of the ammo went up in the 5 seconds when he decided to buy the gum. The ammo now costs $14.43.

That's kinda shady if you ask me. But it's not like they did it on purpose. I'm sure they will probably do something to make you happy.

tenpercentfirearms
12-11-2006, 10:15 PM
I wonder what the odds are that CWS was sitting there online last night watching him getting ready to buy a lower when they noticed he hit the back button. They took their chance and instantly raised the price, knowing full well he was getting ready to buy a lower! Theives! :rolleyes:

It sounds to me like you got caught in a price increase. If you think about it as theory, there is a point in time when the price goes from what it was to what it is. You cannot change that point in time. Just because you happened to be cruising their site at that exact time doesn't mean anything. Think about it this way. Had you been thinking about buying a lower and you waited a day to buy it, would you guys be calling these people shady because you waited a day? Of course not. Say you wait two weeks? Nothing would have ever been mentioned.

So there is this point in time when prices go up or go down. If you miss that point in time, that is just the way it goes. The stock market is the same way. If you were browsing for stocks and would have bought shares at $100, hit back, and then bought them for $150, the stock broker isn't going to give you the $100 price. The market fluctuates and you lost out. Too bad.

Me being the businessman I am, I would probably go ahead and give you the money back. However, I think it is totally unfair for anyone to criticize a company for legitimately raising their prices online and because you just happened to immediately see the results, think something is unfair. Online vendors don't sit around online waiting to see who is online just so they can raise the price when people hit the back button. There comes a time when the price has to go up or down and they change it. You just happened to see it happen. Again, if you had waited a week, you would have just chalked it up to "I shouldn't have waited". Because it happened in less than a minute, you think something shady is going on.

You simply should have bought the lower earlier in the day. It really is that simple. You didn't, it cost you. I see nothing shady about that.

Dave in LB
12-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Guys I understand what you are saying but that's not really the situation. Its more like he went to walmart to buy ammo. He picks up the ammo and reads the price tag. It says $12.88. The person at the checkout stands asks if thats it. He says yes, then a second later he decides to buy a pack of gum also. When he gives the person the pack of gum they tell him the price of the ammo went up in the 5 seconds when he decided to buy the gum. The ammo now costs $14.43.

That's kinda shady if you ask me. But it's not like they did it on purpose. I'm sure they will probably do something to make you happy.

I had that exact experience with American Airlines and their website. turns out they double billed me too. I got one of the charges reversed, but due to dynamic pricing this is the kind of thing that can happen. I bet CWS does right by the consumer, but I know AA got me for the extra $150+$10 handling fee.

DedEye
12-11-2006, 10:50 PM
I also ordered a Double Star lower from CWS a couple weeks back. I ordered over the phone from Michelle, great service. The lower is waiting for me at my FFL to DROS, but I wouldn't hesitate to order from CWS again (though I may buy some parts from Wes at TPF because I want to support him too, and get the best deal on all my parts ;)).

pnkssbtz
12-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Michelle does a lot of web stuff at night / late hours. If you email her, you'll notice thats when she replies. She was most likely updating pricing main pricing on the website while your item was in the shopping cart.

So when you cleared and re-did the items in your cart you picked up the new price?

eMail or call Michelle. They are good people and she will get back to you in a decent amount of time.

CALI-gula
12-12-2006, 12:57 AM
I heard nothing but good stuff about Cold War Shooters.

NeoWeird
12-12-2006, 1:56 AM
Tenpercent has it right. Also, as mentioned, Michelle does a LOT of work on the computer at night. Hector is not around right now, they've had some help come and go, and right now it is pretty much Michelle calling all the shots. She does calls in the morning, orders in the afternoon, and does operates the website and comes here at night all the while trying to take care of her kids and do the shot shows. She is VERY taxed in many regards, and she does a great job of doing what she does. Chances are one of two things happened:

1. As said you just happened to be on when the admin (Michelle or the actual site designers) were updating their database, numbers, etc. and you were just a few minutes short time wise.

2. The server had been given an update to take effect at a predetermined time, say midnight. You said you were cruising it late, you could have logged on prior to the update taking effect, while filling your cart the automated update went into affect and when you updated your cart it effected your cart's total.

The second sounds more likely. If you want to see this in action, and if you have a C&R account with Midway, go there and put some items in your cart. After that check the totals. Sign in now and go back to the cart. The totals are the same. You can actually continue to check out this way and I am fairly certain the prices stay. However, after you have checked in, if you hit the update cart button or do anything to make your cart refresh (chage quantites, etc) the new discounted prices show up and viola, it now looks normal. Probably the same thing only backwards where after the update it made the prices increase.

Michelle is a great person to deal with, so just call her up and see what she has to say. If thems the breaks, then I am sorry. If they give you a break, discount, credit, etc (which as TPF said they are not obligated to) then that is the way it is. Keep in mind that no one was done wrong here, so no one can make it right again. It really all boils down to what is fair and acceptable to the parties, and if it were I, I would be greatful for ANYTHING that they give you (ie. be nice when you call them as they are not obligated to do anything for you and being nice will go a long way on your behalf).

PIRATE14
12-12-2006, 6:58 AM
Those crazy guys at CWS.......thanks for all that positive feed back.

Well we did give him his 15 bucks back....easy.

Michelle was working on her volume discounts w/ LAR, DS, and CMMG at the time.

I just got back into town and will be helping Michelle out and taking technical questions plus I got a bunch of barrels to build some cool uppers with. If you want a Noveske SPR/AFGAN we have a couple left off of this run.

STBY for more end of the year specials....:D

sthornwall
12-12-2006, 8:33 AM
I was at the end of purchasing a Doublestar Stripped lower from CWS , entered cc info and everything, when I decided I'd spend a little extra cash and go for more expensive shipping (hitting the back button). When I went back the price increased from 110 to 125 dollars! Wow! Talk about poor timing. I went ahead and ordered the damn thing even though I was a little angry, and sent an email to whoever reads emails at that website asking for reiumbursment. Do you guys think thats fair of me? I understand things like this happen when dealing with machines, but can you imagine a salesman doing this in real life? Hopefully I'll get my 15$ back. :(

CWS is constantly updating their website, I have seen prices for LR's change three times in a day. Their pricing is based on how many of that particular LR they have in stock. I bought a Stag from them one day for $110 and the very next day it had gone up to $165. I know CWS gets tons of traffic. Between myself and a few of my friends we have bought 16 LR's from CWS in the last 8 months. As recommended in a previous post call Michelle and she will take care of you. CWS is a very solid company. I have nothing but great things to say about them.

pewpewguns
12-12-2006, 10:29 AM

I just got back into town and will be helping Michelle out and taking technical questions plus I got a bunch of barrels to build some cool uppers with. If you want a Noveske SPR/AFGAN we have a couple left off of this run.

They sure did, Michelle emailed me That night! I was surprised, A+ CWS.

pewpewguns
12-12-2006, 10:34 AM
btw:

First link 110$
Second Link 125$

http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14&zenid=499aca5a9b61f4e47970476e19b27c57
http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=46&zenid=499aca5a9b61f4e47970476e19b27c57

NeoWeird
12-12-2006, 3:58 PM
There's the problem!

Notice it says "SHOW PRICE" on the first link? Of course if you order it after the show you're not going to get that good price. Now if only they carried Beanie Babies and Jerky you could get all your show needs online!:p

PLINK
12-12-2006, 10:12 PM
CWS, do you have any plans on running a "Holiday Special" on those NDS receivers?:D That would be sweet.

Socal858
12-12-2006, 10:20 PM
end of war specials? yall are evil!

you have taken enough of my money already :p

1hotshooter
12-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Wow - I love you GUYS!

Thanks for all the great support, We do our best for you!

Re: This thread and your order: shipped earlier today.

The billing trans was voided and recharged about an hour ago.

You never know what to expect with us - so expect the unexpected

:D

Michelle

ivanimal
12-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Wow - I love you GUYS!

Thanks for all the great support, We do our best for you!

Re: This thread and your order: shipped earlier today.

The billing trans was voided and recharged about an hour ago.

:D

Michelle

Nothing but good service here boys.

I like them even though Grammaton likes them:p

tenpercentfirearms
12-13-2006, 5:21 AM
Boy you got that right. I ordered an LPK from them and it was a DPMS kit in a Stag bag! And then the other day I ordered a Stag tactical buttstock and I get this no name Sarco special stock without the "Stag Arms" on it. I just don't know about Cold War Shooters sometimes. :D

note: for those of you who don't know, I am joking. These guys sell nothing but quality. These are the people who taught me how to sell black rifles. There would be no Ten Percent Firearms without CWS.

Fjold
12-13-2006, 5:57 AM
note: for those of you who don't know, I am joking. These guys sell nothing but quality. These are the people who taught me how to sell black rifles. There would be no Ten Percent Firearms without CWS.

So that's who we should blame! :D

jaymz
12-13-2006, 11:22 AM
CWS rocks! I've called with questions a copule of times in the past only to hear the phone ring & ring. Screw it - I'll call back later, I thought. But noooooo... My phone rings 5 min. later and it's Michelle apologizing for not picking up and asking how she could be of assistance! THAT my friends, is the definition of customer service. Use the caller ID and call back the yahoo that didn't even bother to talk to the machine. I can think of a WHOLE BUNCH of other companies that need to take lessons from these guys (& gal)!
Keep up the good work CWS!:D :) :D

S107
12-13-2006, 2:00 PM
Michelle At CWS Has Been Very Helpful And Provides Excellent Customer Service. I Plan On Doing Business With CWS For All My AR Needs.

naimad
12-13-2006, 2:07 PM
ive had no problems with cws fast friendly service A++++++++++

12:13
12-15-2006, 8:18 PM
CWS rocks! I've called with questions a copule of times in the past only to hear the phone ring & ring. Screw it - I'll call back later, I thought. But noooooo... My phone rings 5 min. later and it's Michelle apologizing for not picking up and asking how she could be of assistance! THAT my friends, is the definition of customer service. Use the caller ID and call back the yahoo that didn't even bother to talk to the machine. I can think of a WHOLE BUNCH of other companies that need to take lessons from these guys (& gal)!

+100. Yup, happened to me too. If that's not customer service, I don't know what is. Although, I like to think that Michelle is secretly stalking me:D. Will spend loads more money at CWS!

1hotshooter
12-15-2006, 8:33 PM
+100. Yup, happened to me too. If that's not customer service, I don't know what is. Although, I like to think that Michelle is secretly stalking me:D. Will spend loads more money at CWS!

How'd you guess? :p

Nothing but the best - always!

1hotshooter
12-15-2006, 8:34 PM

Expect the Unexpected when you work with us...

;)

Mr. Ed
12-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Michelle is sooooo hot too!!! That's a big plus.

tenpercentfirearms
12-16-2006, 5:54 AM
Michelle is sooooo hot too!!! That's a big plus.
I think this is the number one reason this company does so well. If everyone just had to deal with the Pirate, no one could stand his ugly mug and would certainly head off to other vendors.

In fact, it might not even be so much that Michelle is so hot, but simply that she is a red head. We all know red heads are truly a superior race. :p