PDA

View Full Version : Are any suppressed shotguns legal in California?

louderthangod
05-30-2011, 1:22 AM
I tried looking it up but I found more stuff about handguns and AR's but what about shotguns with internal or integrated suppression? It seems like if it's built into the barrel it should be legal but you never know when it comes to gun laws.

Markus
05-30-2011, 1:39 AM
Nope

NSR500
05-30-2011, 2:12 AM
Suppressed firearms along with SBS, SBR, Full Auto, etc... are a very big challenge to own for the common Californian. Essentially considered to be nearly impossible.

meaty-btz
05-30-2011, 8:06 AM
Heaven forbid you want to be neighborly and not make a crapton of noise while shooting in ones own back yard. Think of the children....

Suppressed anything is still pretty loud but it does "cut" the Db Level a good bit. I call it being polite.

RustyMacHine
05-30-2011, 8:13 AM
Heaven forbid you want to be neighborly and not make a crapton of noise while shooting in ones own back yard. Think of the children....

Suppressed anything is still pretty loud but it does "cut" the Db Level a good bit. I call it being polite.

You just had to brag.;)

:cool2:

p7m8jg
05-30-2011, 8:25 AM
Ahhhhh. Blissful shooting on the sly. If only in Kalifornia....if only......

meaty-btz
05-30-2011, 8:29 AM
You just had to brag.;)

:cool2:

I actually fork out for the low-noise target shells just because I think about the noise. Sure you hear shotguns and pistols and the occasional rifle any day of the week round here but I would rather be more courteous. If allowed a suppressor on my weapons, I would use it for the sheer sake of being nice to he neighbors. Being Neighborly, its the thing to do. It was more a talking point than a brag. I think discourtesy and ill mannered behaviors lead to much of the "loss of rights" we have today.

Another example is the there are workers in the orchards behind my range. It WOULD be legal for me to go shooting right now. It WOULD NOT be safe to do so. What do I do?.. I don't go out shooting that is what. I am sure plenty of bubba's through out the years though have hammered down that natty light and then headed out back to shoot some one in a negligent fashion.

As individuals, humans are smart. As a species, we are dummer than rocks.

We also get to hear them dynamiting ground squirrel runs and tree stumps. CRUMP-UMP.

CSACANNONEER
05-30-2011, 8:31 AM

Yea, I know what you mean. My neighbors have asked me to tone it down a bit lately. I wonder if having a bunch of 1919s and a couple of 12g AOWs being test fired all day had anything to do with it? It would have been nice to have an intergally surpressed KEG 12 but, I don't think a 7 1/2" 12g barrel would do enough to make a difference.