PDA

View Full Version : Holy Smokes!!!

Lil Los
05-29-2011, 6:25 PM
So my 10 day wait was over for my Benelli Supernova Tactical (w/ PG) this Saturday. Fist thing I did was drag my buddy to the range with me to test it out. We both have handguns (Myself a 9mm and my friend a .40 cal). It was a clusterf**k at the range to say the least. And it was my first time at an official range. We started with the handguns first to warm us up. Then we moved to my 12 ga. I was nervous as hell, wasn't sure what to expect as far as recoil. And since it was my first time at the range with this monster, I didn't want to look like a douchebag. I loaded her up, feeling nervous. I looked at my friend and said..."You try it first". He said hell no. Lol

So, with my limited knowledge base that I gathered from the interwebs, I leaned forward and squeezed the trigger. "BOOM!!!!" :eek: I was like, okay...that is a kick, but not to bad. "BOOM!" Again...not bad, damn this is fun. Needless to say we kept going back to the office to get more slugs. Our handguns just weren't doing it for us to be honest. Everyone was pretty impressed with the gun....and My buddy was calling his shots from 25 yds and hitting them dead center. Me, not so much. I wasn't bad, but he was just killing it out there. We were both complete newbs, and I think the group next to us had a kick watching us have so much fun. They also had a HD shotgun (Mossberg).

I'm glad I made the purchase. My friend is convinced he needs a shotgun now. I'm looking forward to going again and getting better with it. Maybe even take some classes. That is all. KTHXBYE:D

Cheers,

Los

USMC 82-86
05-29-2011, 6:39 PM
Sounds like it was well worth the purchase. Congratulations!

bjl333
05-29-2011, 6:41 PM
It can be very addicting!! Where are you located?

MrOrange
05-30-2011, 8:41 AM
Once you've had the big BOOMs, little bang-bangs just don't cut it anymore.

Like Clint Smith says, the 12 ga shotgun is one of the few shoulder-fired weapons capable of physically removing parts from your target.

In other words, no need to double-tap when you use enough gun!

If you haven't done it already, a little more familiarization will move the Benelli to the front of the line of stuff you grab when there's a bump in the night.
[If you use slugs for HD, make sure you don't miss or your neighbors will complain.]

comblock
05-30-2011, 10:01 PM
now its time for a saiga 12 or the soon-to-be-available ar15 shotgun.

Lil Los
05-31-2011, 9:59 AM
Yes, it was definitely worth the purchase. I can see why a lot of people say you should have at least one shotgun in your arsenal. This thing can be absolutely devastating to anything on the opposite end.

@bjl333,
I'm up in the East Bay. I've seen a few threads for some classes up here I'm thinking about taking.

21SF
05-31-2011, 10:12 AM
United sportsman? it was crowded as hell this weekend. and slugs only.

Sanderhawk
05-31-2011, 2:38 PM
I remember being really nervous the first time I took my 870 out to shoot it. Also being bruised and sore the next day:laugh: I just started shooting at flying clays last trip out. Found out I suck at that but it was fun as hell trying.

760knox
05-31-2011, 2:40 PM
Hahaha nice!