PDA

View Full Version : Grippod...Who has them???

MrKojack1
05-29-2011, 1:35 PM
Who out there has purchased one of these? What you think? I dont know looks a little awkward. Is it worth the $$$$?

FatalKitty
05-29-2011, 1:42 PM
in use in the sandbox... good enough?

Hogxtz
05-29-2011, 2:07 PM
If your talking about the grip pod system that has the built in bi-pod I have them on my Stag and AR10. They are good but I find that I almost never shoot off a bi-pod. Look on ebay. I got the actual real deal military version for $40.00 each.

r6raff
05-29-2011, 2:13 PM
Its good to go. I have had one for about a year and don;t regret the purchase, here is my breakdown of what I think of it.

Downsides - As far as a VFG it is bigger than others and heavier, as a bi-pod it is not adjustable for uneven surfaces

Upsides - it is lighter than most bipods and VFGs combined. It is very sturdy, get the metal military grade one. It saves rail space and is one less device hanging off your handguard. The ease of deploying the legs is seamless from your standard grip, you can got from off hand to prone quickly and easily.

If you plan on using it as a bipod regularly I would recommend it, if not, go with a more traditional VFG.

biko
05-29-2011, 2:22 PM
For me, take it or leave it for an AR-15 class rifle.

On an AR-10/SCAR-17 it is not adjustable enough for how I would want to use it and a little too flexy (not the legs themselves but where the legs join together).

NorCalAthlete
05-29-2011, 2:29 PM
I have one, love it vs a 2 separate bipod/vert grip setup. Have an extra military one for sale; make me an offer. I think I listed it at like $110 in the parts forum, MSRP is $150 though so I mean...

missiontrails
05-29-2011, 5:13 PM
They are great for carbines!

Sam .223
05-29-2011, 5:15 PM
i have one, it works well, it was on my wifes rifle but she didn't feel the need for a foregrip at all so its sitting in my safe now and i'm decieding if i should keep it or sell it.

NorCalAthlete
05-29-2011, 5:24 PM
They are great for carbines!

+1 to clarify what everyone's saying in this thread - great for carbines, but if you're going long distance like an AR-308 platform or something go with a more traditional bipod.

Patriot Man
05-29-2011, 5:32 PM
I got one cheap (the military grade one) and use on my 10/22. I looks too big on most carbines. Aesthetically I think it is too long and longer than most traditional rear PG's. It is very sturdy. The non military one is cheap and will break. I would not pay retail for it.. Good luck

supertrooper
05-30-2011, 12:12 AM
i have one put stoped using it awhile back because its to bulky and switched to a troy vfg. i still use the grip pod on my carbine to get it sighted in after removing the sights or optic but take it off ofter that. the plastic grip pod is sturdy and dont think it will break unless you dive a truck over it.

justin15w
05-30-2011, 12:16 AM
I had one (GPS02). It's freaking huge and felt heavy. Unloaded it and purchased a lightweight grip and love it.

I guess if you shoot on a bench all day, it'd be helpful, but I rarely do that.

SJgunguy24
05-30-2011, 4:43 AM
I have one on my M4gerery, Stormfeather gave it to me so it has more sentimental value but I really like it.

erik18
05-30-2011, 6:02 AM
I have a real deal military version for sale for $50. PM me if you want it.

Crowesnest
05-30-2011, 7:17 AM
I had one mounted on my carbine. It was okay...a bit unwieldy and looked awkward on my rifle, but it worked alright. One observation, however....when mounted on a Magpul MOE handguard, I noticed that there was a little more wiggle than I'm comfortable with. The grip pod would probably be better mounted on a free-floating handguard. Ultimately, I went back to my Magpul VFG.