View Full Version : Looking for a Colt AR-15...

12-11-2006, 1:06 PM
I know Colt AR-15s are very difficult to find at the moment, but are they impossible? Before ya'll yell at me and and "kindly" let me know that they are named, I am asking for an acquaintance who is LEO and will have a letter for it.

He has his choice of RRA, Colt, Bushmaster or S&W, but he has his heart set on the Colt (I can't blame him).

So my question is are there any Colts (specifically the LE6920) out there available for order?

12-11-2006, 1:09 PM
shouldn't he be going to officer.com to ask something like this? most of us are mere civvies, don't rub salt on injury.

12-11-2006, 1:17 PM
Check http://www.sturmgewehr.com/ if the Colt listed below is not available.

WTS: COLT 6920, ONLY ONE, $1299.99

Posted By: JEFF SCHRAMM-TX <SUBGUNMAN@TX.RR.COM> (cpe-76-183-208-32.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: 11/29/06 14:07

Only ONE to sell at THIS price, new in box, completely UN OPENED. Just in today.

Price does NOT include freight.

SAWS inc.

12-11-2006, 1:25 PM
You know what you can do with your Colt bighole/sear block/cut up bolt carrier/grinded off bayonet lug/crowned muzzle tip/sued Bushmaster for the M4 name and lost/unfriendly civvie sales questions???:mad:

Look on arf.com Equipment Exchange, I'm sure there's tons of Colts there!:D

Most of us here don't research for purchase things we aren't legally allowed to have in CA.

There's one OLL made by Colt that I know of, Xeno sold it here...perhaps he can chime in with the exact model name.

12-11-2006, 1:36 PM
Colts aren't hard to find. They're just hard to find in California as they are listed weapons.

Any number of dealers out of state have or can get Colts.

12-11-2006, 1:59 PM
OK... Thanks for the help...

He told me that he finally got the OK to purchase and since I am bored as heck here at work, I thought I'd try and help him out by asking around... Guess that wasn't the best idea... at least not here :o

As for the "salt-in-the-wounds", trust me, I am the most upset about this... ya'll only have to hear about him getting an AW once... I am going to have to hear (and see) about it all the time. I will tell him about the sites mentioned above as well as trying out arfcom.

And next time I'm going to let him do his own investigating!

12-11-2006, 2:02 PM
Subguns.com also might have something I didnt look there but how that you have the URL you can have a look.

12-11-2006, 4:22 PM
u don't see 'em often because they are expensive. You're paying a premium for the "C AF" forge mark and "4" stamped at the front of the receiver(some say the barrel's better). Otherwise, it's just an M4. All that hoopla from arf.com drives up the demand/$ and now they cost a lot more.

6920 upper complete~800 from Hoplite(last I chked). Complete rifle~$1300.
Hoplite, Inc.
P.O. Box 6599
Sheperdsville, KY 40165

12-11-2006, 4:36 PM
If he can, find a 6921 setup w/permanently affixed flash hider (if bbl is not 16").

6921s are the heavier SOCOM-revised M4 bbls that have the heavier chamber area which is carried forward under the handguard. They're also renowned for being quite accurate - esp for a short carbine bbl - and are not heavy/poorly balanced like some "HBar" profile bbls that are front-heavy.

Not sure if these are available as complete guns or just uppers.

Do remember that, regardless of your buddy's LE AW written permission, the rifle he acquires must have a 16" bbl length, minimum. If he's getting a 6920/6921 upper separate from a lower, make sure the muzzle attachment (flash hider) is permanently affixed to bbl before receiving it.

There is no reason to buy a whole Colt rifle. He can buy a Brand X lower with good trigger parts and a stock of his choice and put a Colt upper on top.