PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy uppers...

kjeske7
05-29-2011, 12:51 AM
Throwin this out there to see what people think. I am in Nor Cal and in the market for an upper, obviously TDS and Sacramento Black Rifle are top choices here but seeing if there were any other shops selling good deals.

UserM4
05-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Uppers can be shipped right to your door.
What's your budget and what exactly in terms of size and features are you looking for?
Top tier stuff would include LMT, Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, Rifle Gear, Noveske, LWRC, HK, etc.
Rifle Gear is offering 10% off for Memorial Day. http://www.riflegear.com/

r3dn3ck
05-29-2011, 8:03 AM
newfrontierarmory.com has 5.56 uppers back in with top shelf parts for pretty darned cheap. Mine turns in < .5" groups. Love it.

missiontrails
05-29-2011, 8:08 AM
Anyone in the top page banner section... as long as they are in stock....

Wicked K5
05-29-2011, 8:25 AM
I always try to support local dealers as much as possible. But if you wanna order online and are on a budget look into JSE Surplus or Palmetto State Armory. Riflegear if you want a name brand with all the bells and whistles.

javalos
05-29-2011, 8:27 AM
Throwin this out there to see what people think. I am in Nor Cal and in the market for an upper, obviously TDS and Sacramento Black Rifle are top choices here but seeing if there were any other shops selling good deals.

Your upper depends on your intent on how the rifle will be used. If your going to shoot National Match, then you need to a 20" NM upper with NM carry handle. If hunting varmints, then you will need a 18" or 20" flat top bull barrel rifle, if tactical, then 16" flat top for mounting back up sights and red dots.

What's your budget? If you want a very reliable all out mill-spec upper without breaking the bank, go to Bravo Company. Armalite, CMMG and Spike Tactical also carry mil-spec uppers that won't break the bank. LaRue, Noveske, LMT, etc are your cream of the crop.

evidens83
05-29-2011, 9:01 AM
BCM (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Upper-Receiver-Groups-s/1.htm)

Redchevyman
05-29-2011, 9:10 AM
I have 3 Del-ton chrome lined M4 style 16" uppers in stock today. $420 each including free bullet button until midnight tonight. I will be in Stockton today for an event this afternoon if anyone wants to meet up.

Check my ad thread below
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=431377

Don29palms
05-29-2011, 9:16 AM
What's the best dealer to buy a car from?
Without knowing some sort of qualifying qualities it's hard to say.
What do you want?
What do you need?
What is your budget?
What is your intended use?

I know there are some brands that I don't care for, for whatever reason, that I won't use. It's like the Ford Chevy Mopar arguement. Also what works perfectly for me and what I like might be absolutly wrong for you.

I hope that makes sense.

Beelzy
05-29-2011, 9:55 AM
Oh C'mon, it's Barbie for men Dude.....Buy what looks cool today and when you see the next new style, go buy that too! :p

rareair
05-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Great price, top tier brands- www.m4store.net

Gts408
05-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Check out Pk firearms is where I buy most of my stuff. Prices are good and shipping is fast and they always have stock. It worth it to check them out.

stevie
05-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Partial to BCM myself

kjeske7
05-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Looking for 16" since it will be for tactical purposes, would like a quad rail free float mid length tube, 1/9 twist since that is what everyone i have been talking to has preached and would be nice to stay under $600 if possible.

UserM4
05-29-2011, 1:43 PM
Looking for 16" since it will be for tactical purposes, would like a quad rail free float mid length tube, 1/9 twist since that is what everyone i have been talking to has preached and would be nice to stay under $600 if possible.

A quality quad rail that is also lightweight is going to take quite a big chunk out of your budget. It's always something that you can add later.
I suggest you spend your budget where it really matters. You can get an excellent 16" midlength Rifle Gear upper (absolutely top tier quality made by Daniel Defense) with BCG and charging handle for $629. All you need is a rear sight.
http://www.riflegear.com/p-752-riflegear-16-midlength-complete-upper.aspx You're essentially getting a Daniel Defense for $20 less than BCM.

mag360
05-29-2011, 3:30 PM
i got a great deal on a spikes mid length flat top upper mil-spec on gunbroker. I doubt i'd see a difference between it and a Daniel Defense or a Noveske since I just shoot zombies.

my next one will go like this:

BCM mid 16" 1/7 upper $399 (bravocompanyusa.com)
BCM bolt carrier group
some type of 9 or 10 rail
put it on one of my existing Rock River lowers

Alarm Guy
05-29-2011, 3:47 PM
Every place I've looked for a mid length upper is out of stock.:(

mag360
05-29-2011, 4:01 PM
then you didn't check gunbroker, because there's a spikes mid on their right now.

NewFrontierArmory
06-29-2011, 3:21 PM
newfrontierarmory.com has 5.56 uppers back in with top shelf parts for pretty darned cheap. Mine turns in < .5" groups. Love it.

Glad your getting good results. We finally got caught up on barrels and have plenty in stock.

They are a featured item on our website, and of course some of the proceeds go to sponsor Calguns every month!

CK_32
06-29-2011, 3:28 PM
BravocompanyUSA.com

FourLoko
06-29-2011, 5:15 PM
bumping old threads for self endorsement

I would get some Spikes love from
http://primaryarms.com/