View Full Version : what to do with damaged casings?

05-28-2011, 6:19 PM
My recent attempt at a DIY magblock caused a couple double feeds. I've never really dealt with damaged rounds. What's the customary thing to do with them?

05-28-2011, 6:24 PM
Throw them in the trash.

Do not throw them in the incinerator :43:

I know of people who would pull the bullet and dump the powder then detonate the primer lol. Ive been told just to throw them away and thats what I generally do, I dont come across many rounds that are that bad though, only ever when they come bad from the factory.

I run a BCM ( if you havent heard, they are invincible to malfuntions ) LOL just kidding, I have been lucky and keep my weapons squared away. If you are getting multiple double feeds and other malfunctions you may want to focus on how to fix that rather than what to do with the bad rounds.

Edit*** Apparently I have super short term memory and forgot you said the mags were causing the double feeds LOL don't mind me :)

05-28-2011, 6:33 PM
i normally take them home.. pry off the bullet and smash it in vice til no longer looks like an actual bullet... pour out powder and light it.. then either put brass (which still has primer in it) into rifle and fire.. or set it on the ground and hit it hard enough with a sledge hammer :) works for me. the russian way

05-28-2011, 6:38 PM
pull bullet dump powder set off primer and destroy the casing. than trash.

05-28-2011, 8:54 PM
Bury 'em.

Make some archeologists day 600 years from now.

05-28-2011, 9:17 PM
damaged casing's and rimfire brass go in my scrapyard bottle

05-28-2011, 9:44 PM
i save the bullet if its not mushed badly heck them things are nearly 10 cents

and the primer is like 3 cents so i try to salvage that too