PDA

View Full Version : Ar15/ak Q?

68kaiser
12-11-2006, 8:08 AM
i just found this site, thanks to a man i met at a local gun shop. i moved to this "great state" 6 years ago for work and left all of my fun guns back home in Oregon. I am reading and trieng to get the answers on my own but i have to ask first. I dont want to go to jail for having a "evil" gun in this state.

Now from what i have read if i have my AR with a fixed mag it is legal in this state. Can i have any size magazine or drum that i want?
I also have MAC91 "AK with thumb hole and long barrel", and from what i have read if i fill the thumb hole in it is also legal. The last question is do i have to register the two guns if i bring them to this state?

Thanks for your time this is a great web site. I just wish i found it sooner.
nick..........

6172crew
12-11-2006, 8:17 AM
Welcome to CalGuns Nick, the front page www.calguns.net has the OLL Faq page with everything you need to stay out of jail.

On Jan 1st the laws will change again but they will get a little better for us, you will see some cool stuff next year, but might as well order up a Off Lis Lower whiile your waiting.

Chris

68kaiser
12-11-2006, 1:25 PM
i looked at the list of banned makes of AR's. i have a bushmaster and the list says all bushmaster makes are considered assualt weapons, then it talks about how bla bla bla, it is all lawyer talk and a cant see a yes or no answer on the make. tonight i will have the exact model of the gun does anyone no what bushmasters are not on the list.

blkA4alb
12-11-2006, 1:54 PM
68kaiser,
This is where you need to look. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12275.php

However, then there is the Kasler list. http://216.109.125.130/search/cache?p=kasler+list&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&ei=UTF-8&u=caag.state.ca.us/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf&w=kasler+list&d=QzWIkJIFN0Ui&icp=1&.intl=us

If your rifle is not on the list (which it probably is), you would need to fix a 10 round magazine to the rifle or remove all of the evil features. If the gun is listed simply leave the lower out of state and buy a lower that is not on the list and swap all your parts to it.

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

If the other rifle you are talking about is not on the list that I linked you to, then you again either need to fix the magazine or remove ALL of the evil features. If you filled the thumbhole stock in make sure that it doesn't have any of the other evil features (flash hider.)

Hope that helps.