PDA

View Full Version : Least Intrusive Bullet Button for Saiga?

grommit666
05-28-2011, 12:33 PM
I have a saiga and the bullet button is annoying to use. I know, they're supposed to be. But some of them are easier to manipulate than others or the tool can be worn more easily. What options are out there for bullet buttons and which ones have people found the easiest to use?

chead
05-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Solar Tactical (http://www.solartactical.com/SOLAR-TACTICAL-GEN-2-AK-MAGAZINE-LOCK-124.htm)'s shroud-style. It covers a standard mag release, screws around the trigger guard, and can be manipulated with anything that would manipulate the original release.

CSACANNONEER
05-28-2011, 12:47 PM
A stock Saiga doesn't need any type of mag lock. If it has been completely converted, any AK mag lock will work. It's just up to you to find the one that best suits your wants and desires.

chead
05-28-2011, 12:48 PM
A stock Saiga doesn't need any type of mag lock. If it has been completely converted, any AK mag lock will work. It's just up to you to find the one that best suits your wants and desires.

I assume it's been converted unless the OP put a mag lock on for no reason, in which case they are about to be delighted as heck :)

grommit666
05-28-2011, 7:07 PM
Thanks. It's a saiga shotgun actually so they always need a bullet button. But it's converted so no way around the bb in any case. I figured there'd be more experience here in the rifle forum since all ak pattern rifles use the same style of mag release.

The bullet button I have now is like the solar tactical one, but not quite the same. It encloses the mag release and can be manipulated with anything you can fit in there. Some things are better than others though. A screw driver can get stuck between the mag release and the cage around it. I made a 2-finger ring out of 1/4" round steel bar with a length that sticks up for hitting the mag release. It works well enough, but is awkward to wear while shooting.

I've seen some bullet button tools that you can wear on a finger to make changing magazines less of a pain in the ***. (http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/prince50-bullet-button-free-release-tool-3.html) But I haven't seen any examples for the ak's. Is there anything out there that is more user-friendly?

Shady
05-28-2011, 7:10 PM
solar tactical

chead
05-28-2011, 7:21 PM
Thanks. It's a saiga shotgun actually so they always need a bullet button. But it's converted so no way around the bb in any case. I figured there'd be more experience here in the rifle forum since all ak pattern rifles use the same style of mag release.

The bullet button I have now is like the solar tactical one, but not quite the same. It encloses the mag release and can be manipulated with anything you can fit in there. Some things are better than others though. A screw driver can get stuck between the mag release and the cage around it. I made a 2-finger ring out of 1/4" round steel bar with a length that sticks up for hitting the mag release. It works well enough, but is awkward to wear while shooting.

I've seen some bullet button tools that you can wear on a finger to make changing magazines less of a pain in the ***. (http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/prince50-bullet-button-free-release-tool-3.html) But I haven't seen any examples for the ak's. Is there anything out there that is more user-friendly?

I have some of these "Rapid Reload" (http://www.solartactical.com/AK47-RAPID-RELOAD-TOOL-114.htm) mag wraps. They work as advertised.

I hadn't thought of how annoying it would be to have an AK-style bullet button shroud on a Saiga shotgun. It's not like you can use a spare shell to release the mag haha.

e: I don't mean to pimp Solar non-stop, but they have great stuff and have always been cool to me :)

ns3v3n
07-05-2011, 1:33 PM
Hey OP.

Have you checked out Raddlock Ak series lock ???? I'm not sure if it will work for the saiga, I emailed the site asking if it will work. First reponse was, "use Solar tactical's lock". Then I reply asking if there's any to make it work for a converted saiga, I got a reply back saying "yeah it will work". So I'm not sure what to believe. You might want to email them and see if you can get a more clear answer than I did.

smattenson
07-05-2011, 2:06 PM
I agree with chead about the solar tac wraps, I have them on my ak mags and it makes
changing them a snap (amazingly easy reloads).

Full Clip
07-05-2011, 2:07 PM
Have you checked out Raddlock Ak series lock ????

I had a Raddlock on my PSL and absolutely hated it. The supplied tool was a PITA to use and I always seemed to have to fight to get mags out. I replaced it with a Solar Tac lock and it was a MAJOR improvement.

And, no, I have no vested interest in plugging ST.

hawaii five-0
07-05-2011, 3:14 PM
Saiga shotguns use a different maglock than Saiga rifles