PDA

View Full Version : Availability and lead time to get a SCAR 17S ...

cpatbay
05-28-2011, 9:00 AM
Just dropped by Valkyrie Arms last night and looked at the SCAR 16S and the ACR Enhanced. Between the two, I really prefer the handling of the SCAR. Since I am interested in the 308, I put myself on the waiting list for a SCAR 17S. But they have no idea what's the lead time to get one. Is the SCAR 17S really in that short supply? I was told the waiting list is on the high 20's. Well, it will be quite a little while before they call me to go pick mine up ....

Baconator
05-28-2011, 9:02 AM
There was another thread where someone waited 4 months or so.

ETA:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=437154

docsmileyface
05-28-2011, 9:04 AM
Yeah, about 3-6 months out. I got lucky and found one sitting on the shelf, bought it on the spot.

THT
05-28-2011, 9:06 AM
About 2-4 months. I know the folks at Addax Tactical are taking pre-orders for them.

kozumasbullitt
05-28-2011, 10:23 AM
You will wait 6 months plus in the bay area because there are long waiting lists everywhere. I was #1 on the list at a local dealer and would still be waiting if I just relied on one source. If you are a serious buyer, you need to email every GB listing and ask if they will ship to CA. The dealers in this area are low volume FN dealers and are on the bottom of distributor lists.

cpatbay
05-28-2011, 1:56 PM
What are some of the "bigger boys" GB I should check out?

kozumasbullitt
05-28-2011, 2:13 PM
What are some of the "bigger boys" GB I should check out?

Not sure what you are asking but go to gun broker (GB), and email sellers.

biko
05-28-2011, 2:49 PM
Valkyrie is the place! I got both a black and FDE 17S from them. I was very lucky and called them just before they were getting them in and paid immediately when they called me.

kozumasbullitt
05-28-2011, 2:52 PM
Valkyrie is the place! I got both a black and FDE 17S from them. I was very lucky and called them just before they were getting them in and paid immediately when they called me.

When? OP tried VA already and they said no known lead time.

MrPlink
05-28-2011, 3:22 PM
When? OP tried VA already and they said no known lead time.

must have been when they first came out.

I did paid in full deposit on mine mid January and got it exactly 30 days later with them

Cyc Wid It
05-28-2011, 3:51 PM
You can get ripped off in the marketplace if you like. I can think of a certain listening right off the top of my head that's been bumped like 40 times.

biko
05-28-2011, 4:51 PM
Yes, it was when they first came out for civvies (late last year or maybe early this year?). I didn't have an eta but just stayed close to Valkyrie and pulled the trigger on their first call to me when they had one incoming. Both times it was a 2 week wait. Bay Area demand wasn't very high then.

rchman
05-28-2011, 5:58 PM
I travel out to Utah frequently and last time I checked, Get Some Guns in Murray, UT, has one or two in stock. When I spoke to one of the guys, he said that if I shipped a mag locking device, he'd ship it to a local FFL.