PDA

View Full Version : ATN Scopes

mozes
12-10-2006, 9:21 PM
Just wanted to get some thoughts/opinions on ATN scopes, and your experiences with clarity etc...

Specifically I was looking for input on the ATN 4-12x60LU model but they have numerous models that are very similar that I'd like to hear peoples opinions on.

Q
12-10-2006, 9:57 PM
i hear only good things about atn. the 60 is fat. you should be able to see real good with one!;)

xenophobe
12-11-2006, 12:49 AM
ATN= garbage. Parallax issues, half decent glass. You're better off spending that money on a Leupold Mark4 of some sort.

The only thing ATN actually makes that is worth a damn is their red dot reflex sight. All of their traditional scopes should be avoided, especially at their price range you can get some nice optics instead.

mozes
12-11-2006, 8:29 AM
Thanks for the info. Good to know so I don't waste my money.

andrei
12-11-2006, 9:17 AM
ATN= garbage. Parallax issues, half decent glass. You're better off spending that money on a Leupold Mark4 of some sort.

The only thing ATN actually makes that is worth a damn is their red dot reflex sight. All of their traditional scopes should be avoided, especially at their price range you can get some nice optics instead.

+1!!!

50 Freak
12-11-2006, 9:26 AM
Have only heard bad things about ATN. For the prices you pay, go with a Leupold or IOR.

Bigugly
12-11-2006, 12:26 PM
I had one; I do not remember the model. Used it once, took it off, but it back in the box and sold the next day for about half the price I paid. I did not want to screw over the next guy. I put a Tasco surer sniper on and never looked back. This was on an M1a Scout. Run don't walk away from them, a total waste of good money.

koiloco
12-11-2006, 4:32 PM
guys!

I love ATN scopes, I have 5 of them including the 80mm one.
They are wonderful and worth every penny :p

Ok, I was just kidding. They are garbage like Xeno said. They do look cooool though. :eek:

50 Freak
12-11-2006, 4:46 PM
Interesting that they are based here in the Bay Area

EBWhite
12-11-2006, 4:49 PM
great for plinking. For the price they are not bad.

CSACANNONEER
12-11-2006, 5:04 PM
Expect it to fail quickly if you put it on an airgun or a large caliber rifle with a muzzle break! They can't handle the "recoil" of either. I would suggest comparing a high quality scope and an ATN side by side before spending you hard earned $.