PDA

View Full Version : ak mag question Atlantic firearms

VTX
05-27-2011, 11:10 PM
OK i'm considering getting a calif legal saiga ak from atlantic firearms
how do the mag releases work? whats a sure fire mag in their ad?
is it easy to convert to ak mags or necessary?
thanks for any help

NorCalK9.com
05-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Mag release if rifle is featureless you will jave a normal ak mag release if its evil it will have a bullet button on it. Id go with an actual ak if I was u. I sold my saigas

Beatone
05-28-2011, 12:56 AM
It will cost you 100.00-150.00 to get a Saiga to use AK mags. I would just buy one of there Interarms AK's. Good quality for the money.

Atlantic Firearms
05-28-2011, 7:09 AM
The Basic unconverted Saiga do not need a bullet button , the converted Saiga rifles that take Hi cap mags will need one.

VTX
05-28-2011, 8:56 AM
thanks everyone. Does the Atlantic saiga have a removeable magazine? How much are extra Sure fire mags? are they any good?

762.DEFENSE
05-28-2011, 1:06 PM
thanks everyone. Does the Atlantic saiga have a removeable magazine? How much are extra Sure fire mags? are they any good?

You obviously didn't read the post right about yours.

The Saiga's have a normal magazine release, because it is considered under California law: to not hold any of the "evil features" constituting an Assault Weapon- making it a "featureless" rifle. (So no Bullet Button like device is needed, unless you add a: Flash hider, collapsible stock, pistol grip, VFG, or flare launcher to the rifle.)

The place I buy my mags for my Saiga are from here:
http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-762x39-magazines-c-289_337.html

VTX
05-28-2011, 1:11 PM
I'm not an AK guy(AR's though) so I'm not clear on whats evil and what isn't.
thanks for clearing it up
Maybe i would understand more if people use spell check a little more often, lol