PDA

View Full Version : Stripped lower FFL processing

m35a2
05-27-2011, 6:34 PM
I ws gonna get a stripped lower shipped in to my local gun shop. The lower is around $70.00. I called the shop and asked about their fee. He said $125.00!!:eek:
Is that a tad out of line? I could buy a stripped lower from Ammo Bros for just the price of their fee. So much for an inexpensive retro build :(

tujungatoes
05-27-2011, 7:00 PM
Yeah. By about fifty bucks. But it's their right to charge whatever transfer fee they want. I'd call another shop and see what they say. I'm gonna guess the place you called is in Duarte.;)

m35a2
05-27-2011, 9:07 PM
I'd call another shop and see what they say. I'm gonna guess the place you called is in Duarte.;)

DING DING DING we have a winner. Some things are reasonably priced there and some not so much.

tujungatoes
05-27-2011, 9:20 PM
Yeah. good shop, nice people, I still go there. I think they intentionally price themselves out of those kind of transactions because they don't make much money on them.

Cokebottle
05-27-2011, 9:55 PM
Other options:

Guns Direct in Burbank
Riflegear in Costa Mesa
OC Indoor in Brea.

For a $70 stripped lower, OC Indoor would be the cheapest, as their transfer fee is the lessor of $50 or 15% of the price of the gun.

But double check with them first. 6 months ago, they required that the lower arrive with a bullet button installed... but 2 years ago, they wouldn't touch EBRs, so they may no longer require the BB on a stripped lower.

dvsdev
05-27-2011, 10:35 PM
T&A Armory in Santa Ana. $30 + DROS ($25) for stripped lowers, $15 for each additional. Honestly, just transferring one lower from an out of state purchase isn't worth it. You need to at least do a couple.

THT
05-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Other options:

Guns Direct in Burbank
Riflegear in Costa Mesa
OC Indoor in Brea.

For a $70 stripped lower, OC Indoor would be the cheapest, as their transfer fee is the lessor of $50 or 15% of the price of the gun.

But double check with them first. 6 months ago, they required that the lower arrive with a bullet button installed... but 2 years ago, they wouldn't touch EBRs, so they may no longer require the BB on a stripped lower.

Pretty sure they don't require BBs any longer as I've shipped more than a few stripped lowers to OCISR since receiving my FFL.