PDA

View Full Version : Chabot Appleseed June 18/19 2011

V
05-27-2011, 3:28 PM
Coming up fast, find more information and register here (http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=CA&statename=California) (Appleseed calls it Castro Valley) and don't forget you can use that $10 of discount code, NWC201010, as described here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=433953)

Cheers
V

BoxesOfLiberty
06-04-2011, 1:14 PM
I just registered via Eventbrite. I'm looking forward to learning.

doughboy334
06-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Signed up!

My range only has access to a 25yd, 50yd, and 100yd setup target distance. Through researching in the internet, I found this interesting target allowing me to zero for 25m at 25yds.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7998756/IBSZ-25-Yards

Is this correct? Or can someone share with me their experience at zeroing for 25m at 25yd?

Eljay
06-08-2011, 9:04 PM
I don't think that target does what you think it does, but you know, I really wouldn't worry about it. It's probably some small fraction of an inch adjustment, and there's plenty of time to fine tune a zero - many of the people there won't even be able to shoot a small enough group to tell how good their zero is for most of the morning and they'll be talking about how to zero the scope/sights as part of the instruction.

I had a decent 20 yard zero and while I did end up making some minor adjustment it didn't cause any problems starting at that point.

as_rocketman
06-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Signed up!

My range only has access to a 25yd, 50yd, and 100yd setup target distance. Through researching in the internet, I found this interesting target allowing me to zero for 25m at 25yds.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7998756/IBSZ-25-Yards

Is this correct? Or can someone share with me their experience at zeroing for 25m at 25yd?

Like it says on that target, you use that target if you want to zero your rifle for 50 yards, but you only have a target line at 25 yards. That's not what you want for Appleseed.

What you want to do for Appleseed is zero for 25 yards. You don't need a fancy target. Just put a 1" square at 25 yards and adjust your sights so that a "6 o'clock hold" -- the top of your front sight blade just barely touching the bottom of the square -- gives you a group centered in the middle of the square. Easy. If you need help with it, we go over the process in detail at Appleseed.

Now, having done that if you later want to zero your rifle at 50 yards, it's a repeatable process. All you have to do is find out (and write down) how many clicks to move your zero. Then you'll always be able to find it.

SuMoSam
06-09-2011, 4:37 PM
In!!! Does anyone know if the instructors will have slings for sale at the site?

Pittsburgher
06-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Is there anyway I could borrow or rent a .22LR rifle for a friend? Or maybe an AK in 5.45 (cheap ammo).

Do you have to be a US citizen to participate? My friend is from Hong Kong and his passport is "British National (Overseas)." He will probably be the most experienced colonial at the shoot. :D

He's mildly anti-gun (at least in his home in Pennsylvania) but interested in this for some reason. Also, he is a natural shooter when it comes to target pistols.

as_rocketman
06-10-2011, 6:20 PM
You can probably borrow a .22 rifle. Get in touch with the shoot boss as early as possible (who is Bob210 on the RWVA forum). Plan to bring your own ammunition, however -- 750 rounds is recommended.

You do not have to be a US Citizen to participate. Folks with many visa types can even buy rifles in the USA... As long as there is no legal issue preventing you from owning a rifle here, you are welcome.

Pittsburgher
06-12-2011, 11:43 PM
thanks for the advice! My friend thoroughly enjoyed a hunters ed course this weekend and looking forward to next weekend!

bluersx925
08-01-2011, 7:41 PM
hi - if my gf is registered, how do we request for her to borrow an available .22 rifle? this is for the upcoming Castro valley august event. thank you.

V
08-01-2011, 10:44 PM
hi - if my gf is registered, how do we request for her to borrow an available .22 rifle? this is for the upcoming Castro valley august event. thank you.

When you register for an event on "eventbrite" there is a link for "Information" on that sheet will usually be a forum name (on the Appleseed forum), a phone number and/or an email of someone responsible for that range. Contact them well before the event to ask about the possiblity of a loaner.

In the case of Chabot it show the following:
For More Information Contact: Bob 210 (818) 359-2046, email CA@Appleseedinfo.org, Private Message to "Bob 210" or call the range at (510) 569-0213 for range information.

I am also the SoCal coordinator so you can also contact me (V on the Appleseed forum)

Cheers
Phil "V"