PDA

View Full Version : Kahr/AO M1 Carbine in the SJ Area?

JDub
12-10-2006, 3:40 PM
Anyone know of a shop in the San Jose area carrying the Kahr/AO M1 carbines? I've read all the reviews I could find, and most of them seem fairly positive. I've got an older Plainfield carbine that I loved to shoot, but the receiver cracked right behind the forward locking block. Finding a surplus carbine at a reasonable price is impossible. I found a vendor selling surplus receivers with new barrels for $500. Not a bad price (considering that totally trashed carbines are still going for over $800), but I've seen on-line ads for the Kahr/AO carbines for ~$650-700. I'd like to buy one from a local dealer instead of dealing with having one shipped to a local FFL. For the $200 price difference, I'd rather have a new rifle with all the old parts for spares.

Thanks,

JDub

naimad
12-10-2006, 4:35 PM
i checked one of these carbines out at a local gunshop it looked like a pos i would save your money and find a nice surplus gun a friend of mine is in to carbines he took one of these a part and was very dissapointed poor fit and finish

Blue
12-10-2006, 4:56 PM
There was an old carbine at the SJ fun show for $650 that I saw yesterday. I don't remember who's table it was on but possibly SJGE?