PDA

View Full Version : Rant warning!! CDNN stinks! Please don't support their company!!

louscamaro91
05-27-2011, 2:30 PM
I understand CDNN's policy on not shipping rifles, pistols, semi-auto shotguns and hi-cap magazines... But parts! Give me a freaking break.
I was browsing their online catalog and stumbled upon their CMMG uppers for $299! I got all excited and had my heart set on buying 4!

So I pickup the phone and call, they said they JUST got them in stock. I told the salesman I wanted 4.. He said ok. As I'm getting ready to pay he asked for my Zip, he then goes on and said he is not sure he can ship the uppers to CA due to the flashhider! He then said it would be illegal to ship that here!

I was in shock at this idiot. I told him that CMMG would ship that same upper to CA if I ordered the stupid thing direct. So I told him instead of the CMMG send me the Barrett M468 upper that comes factory with a muzzlebreak..
He said he had to go check with the owner.. He gets back in the phone and tells me that the owners said he wouldn't ship crayons to CA if he was asked.

The salesman was disappointed, he works off a commission. I told him I would buy the 4 CMMG uppers AND the Barrett.. Bummer for him.
The attitude is what bothered me. As soon as he found out I was from cali he treated me like a criminal. This company = FAIL

762.DEFENSE
05-27-2011, 2:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear that they told you a bunch of FUD, and totally lost your business. After doing a simple google search, a lot of people out of state have issues with the company and call for activism to discontinue any business with the company.

Eventually they'll come around, or go out of business.

We'll see which one comes first. :thumbsup:

Don29palms
05-27-2011, 2:38 PM
Here's what I've been told by people on this site when I have brought up this same situation.
They have the right to refuse buisness to anyone.

I do agree with you. It's BS!

762.DEFENSE
05-27-2011, 2:39 PM
Maybe a possible temporary solution if you're adamant about purchasing these uppers since from what you've described are a great price: simply have them shipped out of state to a Calguns vendor, family, or even friends. Then simply give them shipping funds to have them sent to CA.

Best of luck!

ENTHUSIAST
05-27-2011, 2:43 PM
Ordered mags from them 2x no issues. 1st order the guy said we cant ship mags to CA then I said they are 10 rounders which are legal in my state. Guy double checks and says oh yea, then processed my order.

2nd order called in over the phone again got more mags they didnt question the legality that time.

Both times my orders arrived in a timely fashion and were correct even got some Freebies with a big order.

I would deal with them again.

Themandalorian
05-27-2011, 2:44 PM
Not buying from CDNN, check

santacruzstefan
05-27-2011, 3:12 PM
I sent them a friendly email regarding upper sales to CA.

xfilterx
05-27-2011, 3:13 PM
Whenever I call a company and want to give them my hard earned money....if they flat out refuse, I make it a point to jot down their information on a list I have and make a mental note to never give them my business again. Numrich for instance won't ship HK A3 stocks to CA. They won't even ship a disassembled mag body. Ridiculous.

smle-man
05-27-2011, 3:53 PM
I've never had a problem with them.

MasterYong
05-27-2011, 4:33 PM
Do you mean these guys???

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

Look at that site! Who the heck would order from them? 1998 would like it's site back please. I never trust online retailers that can't even bother to have a modern (Web 2.0) site. Makes them look like a scam/front IMHO.

evidens83
05-27-2011, 4:36 PM
Screw them. Plenty of fish in the sea that will gladly take CA money.

CK_32
05-27-2011, 4:43 PM
Well since 99% of us live in CA you can be sure we won't be supporting them. Just for you... Oh and they won't do business with us anyways hahahaha :p

Excelsior
05-27-2011, 4:45 PM
Some seem to derive almost some level of sexual pleasure from pronouncing they do not ship to California. (They don't ship to other places as well but saying so provides no thrill.) Others seem to receive a similar level of the same sort of pleasure by defending the non-shippers' practices while attacking California.

It's all about envy and their inability to deal with their personal frustration in a more productive (or at least less offensive) manner...

Excelsior
05-27-2011, 4:45 PM
Screw them. Plenty of fish in the sea that will gladly take CA money.
Absolutely!

Excelsior
05-27-2011, 4:51 PM
I will say that one thing I would sign my name to is a list of companies to completely boycott because they refuse to ship California-legal equipment to CA. I don't know that calguns wants to be involved with something like that but such a boycott could be very effective.

Ripon83
05-27-2011, 4:59 PM
I do remember the thread on Centerfire Systems were people were so angry, but they did ship plenty of stuff to CA they were just having a difficult time accepting our interpretatin on one item and refused to send it. I hope they got past it.

These guys or this guy (owner) sounds like quite a loser. Sounds like he has enough business that he doesn't want to sell anything to CA....I say give him that wish. No CA dollars for him.

Lead Waster
05-27-2011, 5:23 PM
If I were that salesman, I would figure this out properly. Losing 5 sale items has GOT to hurt, and all because he "didn't know" and asked his manager. If he had known the law properly, he's be sitting on a nice fat commision!

killshot44
05-27-2011, 6:12 PM
If we can't make stupidity painful (as it should be), showing them how much money they're losing is close....

blazeaglory
05-27-2011, 7:21 PM
if he thought the flash hider was an issue he could have just removed it, if it was removable. it looked removable..anyways,

he is a big stinky child who does not want to share his toys.

Bigtwin
05-27-2011, 7:37 PM
If we can't make stupidity painful (as it should be), showing them how much money they're losing is close....

I do share your thoughts and ideas.
However, if anybody thinks that boycoting them is going to hurt them in any way, you are just misguided. They have made it so far without CA as a customer, they will continue just the same! They did not get to where they are with CA, and that will continue. Unless we push hard to GET them as a vendor(through education and hounding them about it), they will not change from what they feel as safe!
Feed them CA law, ask them to get educated, show them that we can have some things in CA.
The outright ignoring of companies that are afraid of CA crapy gun laws will do us in CA no good!

762.DEFENSE
05-27-2011, 7:40 PM
Nothing like exercising your freedoms to chose whom you shop with.
I still can't believe that having a flash hider was the deal breaker... If I were in sales, and had someone call me and say "I'll take 4!" I'd make that order happen...

Hopefully the email I sent them helps your case.

blazeaglory
05-27-2011, 7:54 PM
Nothing like exercising your freedoms to chose whom you shop with.
I still can't believe that having a flash hider was the deal breaker... If I were in sales, and had someone call me and say "I'll take 4!" I'd make that order happen...

Hopefully the email I sent them helps your case.

i think he got the message.. just look under the product. it reads like this...

NO SALES TO CALIFORNIA!!!

Code7inOaktown
05-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Got it. Will not spend any money on an anti-California, defeatist store front with a 1998-looking web site.

luckystrike
05-27-2011, 10:16 PM
as soon as I figureout what CDNN is I wont shop there.

Saym14
05-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I never had a problem and bought lots of stuff there.

but....

Brand New • CMMG • AR-15 M4 Flat Top Upper Assembly • 16" M4 Contour Barrel • Bayonet Lug • G.I. Birdcage • Bayonet Lug • 1-9 Barrel Twist • WASP-Weapons Armored Surface Protection • WASP Coated Chamber & Bore • No Bolt or Charging Handle • CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA!.

louscamaro91
05-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Yeah.. Well that wasn't posted when I went to order them.

MrPlink
05-28-2011, 1:22 AM
How can I support them if they wont sell to me anyways?

I mean, who the hell am I supposed to get crayons from now anyways? JG and CTD wont sell them to me either!

fcr
05-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Just shows the stupid divisiveness of our country. We are all here together..... supposedly.