PDA

View Full Version : 1911 mags

evol ways
05-27-2011, 12:01 PM
I purchased my first 1911 last week and will be picking it up this tuesday. i Went with the SA loaded Parkerized full size. i have been hearing about the mags that comed with them are some what crap. i would like to get a set of either wilson combat or chip mcormick heck maybe both :D. where are you guys ordering from? any local places in the vallejo area? thanks guys

Ripon83
05-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Got my RIA about a month ago, and of course it comes with one magazine. It worked fine. I bought two really cheap (sub $10) magazines expecting nothing but the worse - so far darn fine? Go figure. I'm going to order 5 more of them shortly - maybe 10. Oh...once they get back in stock that is.

HPGunner
05-27-2011, 12:10 PM
I usually just go to MidwayUSA to pick up a couple Wilson or Chip Mags when I need to get other supplies and stuff. And I usually waite for coupons. Not big savings on coupons (occasional $10 off on every $100 or sometimes $50 spent.) They ship fast and always good about returns and good customer service.

Ninja45
05-27-2011, 12:12 PM
For range use (heck even for SD) you can't beat these Colt 7 rnders.

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=388595

I ordered 4 of these from "Preferglock" and they were all brand new and worked like a charm!

Agent Tikki
05-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Got my RIA about a month ago, and of course it comes with one magazine. It worked fine. I bought two really cheap (sub $10) magazines expecting nothing but the worse - so far darn fine? Go figure. I'm going to order 5 more of them shortly - maybe 10. Oh...once they get back in stock that is.

Share!

Please.
:D

MongooseV8
05-27-2011, 2:10 PM
Not sure what anybody sees in Wilson Crapbat mags. I think they are cheaply made and not worth using. I had a couple and they failed at everything except being way overpriced. Do yourself a favor and get some Chip Power Mags, they are on sale right now at Midway. Best mags you could ever hope for and they are well priced. Also the Mec-Gar/ACT mags are worth taking a look at.

Q619
05-27-2011, 2:41 PM
Not sure what anybody sees in Wilson Crapbat mags. I think they are cheaply made and not worth using. I had a couple and they failed at everything except being way overpriced. Do yourself a favor and get some Chip Power Mags, they are on sale right now at Midway. Best mags you could ever hope for and they are well priced. Also the Mec-Gar/ACT mags are worth taking a look at.

In regards to WC magazines: I put about 5000-6000 rounds through a couple of mine before they started to fail. I wouldnt exactly say that quantifies them as being sub par.....Plus, when I contacted Wilson Combat about getting some rebuild kits they actually told me to send them in and they'd give me new ones. Even after remarking on the round count. I couldn't in good conscience do that since I knew I wore tgem out....just ended up rebuilding them and going back at it. On cheap mags, the feed lips will start to spread out....I've probably got around 10,000 rounds through each of those magazine bodies now and they're still going strong.

The only magazines I've ever seen from one of the big semi custom 1911 names/shops that were bad were the Les Baer magazines. The only hiccups I've had in my TRS were from them. They're poorly designed/constructed.

OP: if you want Chip Mccormick power mags, they just came out with black ones for 2011 and have had them on sale for $4 off for a while. I got 5 off their site yesterday for about $130 shipped vs $150 (thats if you want black magazines) but the ss ones ARE like $4 cheaper than THAT as stated by others. If I didnt have a gun where every inch of it were DLC'd in matte black I'd just get the ss ones :p

MrMarco
05-27-2011, 2:45 PM
The Springfield mags that come with the gun are decent mags. I don't think you'll have too many problems with them. As far as aftermarket mag go - I've always used Wilson Combat mags. I've never had any problems with them, but they are a little pricey.

bluebear
05-27-2011, 2:59 PM
Wilson 8 rounders didn't run well in my mc operator.the 10 works. The chip powers have been great!

tacticalcity
05-27-2011, 3:04 PM
I run Chip McCormick Power 10 Mages and Wilson Combat Mags. Had a couple FTEs (as in 2 total) with the Wilson Combats but that might be the gun and not the mags.

Cyc Wid It
05-27-2011, 3:15 PM
Someone at GeoVario cries every time this thread is made before Google/searching.

The same thing I always say: Tripp/Wilson.

evol ways
05-27-2011, 3:16 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I ordered some Chips from thier site. went with a 10rd power plus and a 8rd blk power mag. kinda wish i would have them before tues for when i go to the range.

evol ways
05-27-2011, 3:18 PM
Someone at GeoVario cries every time this thread is made before Google/searching.

The same thing I always say: Tripp/Wilson.

i couldnt find anywhere local that carried them. i did google though. lol :D

cindynles
05-27-2011, 5:43 PM
Free shipping on Chip McComick Power mags right now. $23.95 each for black 8 rounders.

http://www.cmctactical.com/powermags_15_ctg.html

Killawhale415
06-01-2011, 8:44 AM
I never have any problems with my chip mccormick shooting star mags
There only 15 buck on miday right now

theneko
06-01-2011, 9:34 AM
Evol- if you are still looking local, Canyon Sports in Martinez has WC mags - possibly also CMC but I'm not sure.

Markus
06-01-2011, 9:41 AM
Free shipping on Chip McComick Power mags right now. $23.95 each for black 8 rounders.

http://www.cmctactical.com/powermags_15_ctg.html

On midways the 10 rounders are 23.99. If your ordering on mag just get it from cmc with their free shipping. However if ordering multiple the savings are greater with midway.