PDA

View Full Version : Marines like the HK416

NYY
05-26-2011, 8:31 PM
looking to replace m249 saw, which confuses me largely... at bottom of article.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/tag/usmc/

more info..

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2011/05/ap-gun-makers-lobby-for-m4-successor-rifle-deal-052511/

i<3HK
05-26-2011, 8:39 PM
:jump:

NYY
05-26-2011, 8:43 PM
so stoked! would be awesome to see them out there if it works out. Im just confused as to why they want to replace the SAW....like, really?

themailman
05-26-2011, 8:43 PM
Are you referring to the IAR, or the M27? Ya, old, old news my friend.

themailman
05-26-2011, 8:44 PM
so stoked! would be awesome to see them out there if it works out. Im just confused as to why they want to replace the SAW....like, really?

To understand the rational you must have a basic understanding of the Automatic Rifleman. This will return him to his intended role and move the 249s and 240s back to a larger element.

NYY
05-26-2011, 8:45 PM
Are you referring to the IAR, or the M27? Ya, old, old news my friend.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2011/05/ap-gun-makers-lobby-for-m4-successor-rifle-deal-052511/

may 25, 2011..?

rattlesnake_nm
05-26-2011, 8:46 PM
Too heavy. 8 pounds empty. What's with the screen name marine?

FatalKitty
05-26-2011, 8:47 PM
ugh... I would freak out if I were still 0331 and they handed me an HK416

themailman
05-26-2011, 8:50 PM

may 25, 2011..?

The Marines, which I am and you are not, have already tested, bought, and are currently fielding the M27 IAR, a variant of the HK416. This began in 2010. If you want to link to a vague article that talks about congress wanting us to have better articles thats cool, but I can find the same one from 06.

NYY
05-26-2011, 8:51 PM
Too heavy. 8 pounds empty. What's with the screen name marine?

what do you mean

themailman
05-26-2011, 8:52 PM
what do you mean

He's asking about your screen name.

Tweak338
05-26-2011, 8:54 PM
replacing a beltfed weapon with a magazine fed.. Just pure stupid here.
Though the main usage of the SAW was for suppressing fire.
Well, good thing they still got M240B's

Scratch705
replacing a machine gun with a battle rifle? that doesn't seem right....

unless that hk416 variant gets turned to like this mg36
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101221002918/battlefield/images/8/89/Mg36cmag.jpg

brando
To understand the rational you must have a basic understanding of the Automatic Rifleman.

You must also understand the procurement process. What the Marines did was smart and allowed them to get the weapon fielded quickly with some procurement voodoo.

NYY
05-26-2011, 8:55 PM
He's asking about your screen name.

that im not a marine? yea i felt the annoyance/hatred a few posts earlier...

Uriah02
05-26-2011, 8:56 PM
I was under the impression the IAR was more of an "Oh #@$%" FA weapon than a suppressive LMG...

Hump0311
05-26-2011, 9:02 PM
They have been testing out rifles to replace the m249 since 06, like themailman has been saying.

Let me break it down barney style, observe:

2YzGzeLh3mc

Hump0311
05-26-2011, 9:02 PM
I was under the impression the IAR was more of an "Oh #@$%" FA weapon than a suppressive LMG...

Negative. This is a bad ### piece of gear. It's been classified until recently so I never talked about it.

NYY
05-26-2011, 9:32 PM
the whole marines thing, i just support yall thats all. I will be going to OCS after college so im thrilled enough to make everything "marines related"... my bad if anyone (marines, or military) take it in a bad way....

themailman
05-26-2011, 9:46 PM
the whole marines thing, i just support yall thats all. I will be going to OCS after college so im thrilled enough to make everything "marines related"... my bad if anyone (marines, or military) take it in a bad way....

Roger that. A simple clarification was all we were after, it wasnt a witch hunt. Good luck on your endeavor to become a lost-in-the-sauce butterbar!

Hump0311
05-26-2011, 9:50 PM

I hope you get hazed.

NYY
05-26-2011, 9:51 PM
Roger that. A simple clarification was all we were after, it wasnt a witch hunt. Good luck on your endeavor to become a lost-in-the-sauce butterbar!

ya thats somethin id like to hear too... ive always been afraid of bein put in charge of a bunch of guys who went through boot together.. not somethin that would sit well with me... thats why i like the idea of goin through boot THEN go to college...?

its mcgavin son
05-26-2011, 9:51 PM
0331s should deploy with Jesse Ventura back-strapped Vulcan infantry weapon systems. It'll put hair on their chests (which would be quickly trimmed according to grooming regs!)

NYY
05-26-2011, 9:53 PM
I hope you get hazed.

after this whole discussion.. that might even make me feel some what better

its mcgavin son
05-26-2011, 9:54 PM
I hope you get hazed.

LOL @ nasty civilians affiliating themselves with the Corps before even being shipped out. You're gonna have fun, trust me bro

themailman
05-26-2011, 9:56 PM
I hope you get hazed.
One can only dream right?
ya thats somethin id like to hear too... ive always been afraid of bein put in charge of a bunch of guys who went through boot together.. not somethin that would sit well with me... thats why i like the idea of goin through boot THEN go to college...?

Either way, just be a good leader, look out for your Marines, be the first in and last out, and show strength while being human. With that, and a fat cigar, you'll be fine (but your NCO's will still save your *** at every turn, will read your map, zero your weapon, and teach you how get out of a vehicle without falling over).

Anyways, having had the chance to see an IAR in action about 2 months ago....I was blown away to say the least.

NYY
05-26-2011, 9:58 PM
LOL @ nasty civilians affiliating themselves with the Corps before even being shipped out. You're gonna have fun, trust me bro

- lets clear up that "nasty" bit here "bro"..
- civilian- true
- affiliating?- try maybe...supporting, a little too much ( now that ive been notified)

metalliman545
05-26-2011, 9:59 PM

You're not going to be in charge of a bunch of privates fresh outta bootcamp. You aren't even suppose to dirrectly deal with nco's besides platoon and section sergeants.

NYY
05-26-2011, 10:01 PM
One can only dream right?

Either way, just be a good leader, look out for your Marines, be the first in and last out, and show strength while being human. With that, and a fat cigar, you'll be fine (but your NCO's will still save your *** at every turn, will read your map, zero your weapon, and teach you how get out of a vehicle without falling over).

Anyways, having had the chance to see an IAR in action about 2 months ago....I was blown away to say the least.

i see i see. Love any advice, especially from one currently in. And what do you think of it replacing the saw

its mcgavin son
- civilian- true
- affiliating?- try maybe...supporting, a little too much ( now that ive been notified)
We don't need your "support" lol

its mcgavin son
I bet you wear USMC t-shirts

themailman
05-26-2011, 10:02 PM

Wanna join the Corps, then get used to being called nasty. Wanna join the Corps, then get used to all civilians being nasty. Wanna join the Corps, thicken the skin. Most of us in the Marine Corps try not affiliate ourselves with it anyways, low regs, out of reg tats, low sleeves, avoiding Coast Hwy at all costs, bet hey, thats just me.

Ouch. Like that blue poolee shirt that they wear in the airport lol.

NYY
05-26-2011, 10:04 PM
**** i love this guy

its mcgavin son
05-26-2011, 10:08 PM
**** i love this guy

Hey, just remember to shave your head right before you ship off

themailman
05-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Im gonna get outta here before I get banned and before I wake my wife up from laughing. Im on leave right now with a disgusting man-beard and beer gut...in Colorado..with no BB and a pistol on my hip. Will be getting another visible tat tomorrow. Yut yut w/e.

IAR M27 on topic...ya.

NYY
05-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Wanna join the Corps, then get used to being called nasty. Wanna join the Corps, then get used to all civilians being nasty. Wanna join the Corps, thicken the skin. Most of us in the Marine Corps try not affiliate ourselves with it anyways, low regs, out of reg tats, low sleeves, avoiding Coast Hwy at all costs, bet hey, thats just me.

oh so its like that now.. thats sick i mean i could give a damn if yall dont respect/like people like me, honestly. i just rep the screen name cuz i love the idea of how marines work, and want to be one. Hate on it? haha iite.. cool? talk sh1t all you want.. aint gona hurt/stop me.. ill just understand that you guys dont like people like me.. in return? thankyou for serving. thats all i can say

themailman
05-26-2011, 10:11 PM
oh so its like that now.. thats sick i mean i could give a damn if yall dont respect/like people like me, honestly. i just rep the screen name cuz i love the idea of how marines work, and want to be one. Hate on it? haha iite.. cool? talk sh1t all you want.. aint gona hurt/stop me.. ill just understand that you guys dont like people like me.. in return? thankyou for serving. thats all i can say

Cool. Wanna discuss it further? Pm me. If not, lets take this thread back on topic.

NYY
05-26-2011, 10:11 PM

i like it!! these comments. yes. keep it comin pleaase

Hump0311
05-26-2011, 10:12 PM
after this whole discussion.. that might even make me feel some what better

Hey LG do me a favor and let me know when you plan on shipping out to boot. My Cousin is a D.I at S.D MCRD. I will tell him to make sure to take very good care of you. He will give you a special tour of the depot. He's a super nice guy.

Here's a picture of him:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/indicablue/150562_1515311918553_1107092168_31249271_8343550_n .jpg

You can really tell he's in a good mood.

NYY
05-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Cool. Wanna discuss it further? Pm me. If not, lets take this thread back on topic.

no hate here. i just love internet arguments.. always the best

NYY
05-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Hey LG do me a favor and let me know when you plan on shipping out to boot. My Cousin is a D.I at S.D MCRD. I will tell him to make sure to take very good care of you. He will give you a special tour of the depot. He's a super nice guy.

Here's a picture of him:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/indicablue/150562_1515311918553_1107092168_31249271_8343550_n .jpg

looks like a basketball coach i had... dammnit thanks

themailman
05-26-2011, 10:20 PM
no hate here. i just love internet arguments.. always the best

I think the advice I gave you was spot on accurate and helpful as well. Being that you dont understand the culture, you think I was being "mean" and "hurtful". Lol, people like Hump0311's cuz dont use quite as much "tact" as we were. Anyways, theres just too much motivation in here right now. Im sure if you do end up joining, you'll see where we're comin from down the road. If you have anymore questions or concerns, feel free to contact one of our Sgt Maj's, Im sure they can direct you to where you need to be. Until that day my friend, work hard, accomplish your goals, keep your head down, keep your nose clean, and you'll get to where you need to go in life. I wish you the best.

Hump0311
05-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Also if you want to be locked on for boot camp you should pick up some of your own gear.

Len Static Compass ( A regular one nothing fancy)
Map Pens ( Can be found at most mil surplus stores)
Grid Squares ( Can be found at your local walmart in sporting good section)

Hope this helps.

NYY
I think the advice I gave you was spot on accurate and helpful as well. Being that you dont understand the culture, you think I was being "mean" and "hurtful". Lol, people like Hump0311's cuz dont use quite as much "tact" as we were. Anyways, theres just too much motivation in here right now. Im sure if you do end up joining, you'll see where we're comin from down the road. If you have anymore questions or concerns, feel free to contact one of our Sgt Maj's, Im sure they can direct you to where you need to be. Until that day my friend, work hard, accomplish your goals, keep your head down, keep your nose clean, and you'll get to where you need to go in life. I wish you the best.

no i know man. I didnt want to say i understand why you guys say that..because i clearly dont. (even though i get the idea..) and im sure i will understand what you guys mean (hopefully..). Thank you for the advice though. Really, much appreciated

Bhobbs
So basically it's an open bolt, piston driven M4?

akspetsnaz
05-26-2011, 10:25 PM
back to HK416

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2011/05/09/77gr-of-justice-from-an-hk416-likely-last-thing-osama-bin-laden-saw/

:eek:

NYY
Also if you want to be locked on for boot camp you should pick up some of your own gear.

Len Static Compass ( A regular one nothing fancy)
Map Pens ( Can be found at most mil surplus stores)

Hope this helps.

i wish i could believe this after ur previous post...

themailman

Thats the long and short of it in a way, so yes.

FatalKitty
We don't need your "support" lol

you're a ****in idiot

themailman
05-26-2011, 10:26 PM
i wish i could believe this after ur previous post...

He's serious bro.

Hump0311
05-26-2011, 10:26 PM

Yes. It was also tested for a very long time. Last I heard though it had gotten beaten out by another rifle even though this one is still getting field tested in country.

I really like this weapon system and hope that the USMC picks it up. Normally the army picks up new gear first and then a few years later the Marines get it.

themailman
05-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Yes. It was also tested for a very long time. Last I heard though it had gotten beaten out by another rifle even though this one is still getting field tested in country.

I really like this weapon system and hope that the USMC picks it up. Normally the army picks up new gear first and then a few years later the Marines get it.

I had heard that the CMC pushed the HK IAR through and that its in full use with a BN from 7 and I think 1/4. Not sure if thats accurate though, hard to find solid info.

Bhobbs
05-26-2011, 10:28 PM

I have no military experience so I'm curious as to why they would pick up a mag fed rifle over a belt fed? I know that one of the complaints of the BAR was the mag was empty too fast. I can't imagine a 30 round mag lasting any longer, especially with a higher cyclical rate.

Is it the weight issue more or less?

NYY
05-26-2011, 10:28 PM

yea why is that... the army getting it first.. any good reasons..

Hump0311
05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
I had heard that the CMC pushed the HK IAR through and that its in full use with a BN from 7 and I think 1/4. Not sure if thats accurate though, hard to find solid info.

No impact/No Idea.. I can ask around this weekend.

Hump0311
05-26-2011, 10:37 PM
yea why is that... the army getting it first.. any good reasons..

The Army has a larger budget then the Marines. We get our budget through the Navy who gets their funding through the D.O.D. So In most cases you don't see a large influx of brand new gear coming into the Marine Corps. But you will learn all of this in bootcamp.

4NDone0331
05-26-2011, 10:39 PM
IMO this IAR is lame, granted Im not a huge fan of the SAW...too finicky for me. but honestly whats the real difference between this and a regular old M4/M16 put on burst. I mean sustained rate for the saw is 3-5 rounds. the only benefit that I see is that it fires from the open bolt, allowing it to cool faster than a normal M4/M16 but the gunner is gonna have to reload 6.66 times as much with the IAR compared to the SAW. Sure reloading would be faster with the IAR but I would argue that you would spend an equal amount of time reloading the 6 times with the IAR compared to the 1 time with the SAW. The only solution that I see to this problem is beta mags or something like them.

IMO the 240 has the best design, that MG is so effing reliable, thanks largely to the fact that it has very few moving parts. I know that when they built the SAW they based it on the design of the 240 but I think that they designed it with way too many parts. Seriously you could pretty much throw a handful of dirt or sand in the 240 and it would still function where as the SAW had trouble with the smallest amount of dirt.

I think that someone just needs to redesign the SAW and make it more similar to the 240 if at all possible.

Also what about changing barrels on the IAR? I've been out for a year and havent seen this thing in action, is it possible to quickly change barrels on this rifle? If not that could definitely cause some serious problems.

NYY
05-26-2011, 10:41 PM
The Army has a larger budget then the Marines. We get our budget through the Navy who gets their funding through the D.O.D. So In most cases you don't see a large influx of brand new gear coming into the Marine Corps. But you will learn all of this in bootcamp.

i see. and yayy more jokes

4NDone0331
05-26-2011, 10:45 PM

its possible I have a buddy who is getting out of 1/4 in the next couple of weeks and he said that they are slotted for a MEU again. To me that seems like the perfect time to test out new gear...when Marines lives dont depend on it.

The Machine
05-26-2011, 10:46 PM

Good info. Also look for the spool of flight line, its with the camping supplies.

themailman
05-26-2011, 10:46 PM
IMO this IAR is lame, granted Im not a huge fan of the SAW...too finicky for me. but honestly whats the real difference between this and a regular old M4/M16 put on burst. I mean sustained rate for the saw is 3-5 rounds. the only benefit that I see is that it fires from the open bolt, allowing it to cool faster than a normal M4/M16 but the gunner is gonna have to reload 6.66 times as much with the IAR compared to the SAW. Sure reloading would be faster with the IAR but I would argue that you would spend an equal amount of time reloading the 6 times with the IAR compared to the 1 time with the SAW. The only solution that I see to this problem is beta mags or something like them.

IMO the 240 has the best design, that MG is so effing reliable, thanks largely to the fact that it has very few moving parts. I know that when they built the SAW they based it on the design of the 240 but I think that they designed it with way too many parts. Seriously you could pretty much throw a handful of dirt or sand in the 240 and it would still function where as the SAW had trouble with the smallest amount of dirt.

I think that someone just needs to redesign the SAW and make it more similar to the 240 if at all possible.

Also what about changing barrels on the IAR? I've been out for a year and havent seen this thing in action, is it possible to quickly change barrels on this rifle? If not that could definitely cause some serious problems.
As far as I can tell, the barrel is only free floated, but has no ability to quick change. As I am no longer an 03 and am currently an 01, Im not privy to these things. But, being a gun nut, I try to peek in when I can. I want to talk to someone who has had the doctrine of this weapon taught to them, because it certainly is not designed for sustained fire.

themailman
05-26-2011, 10:47 PM
its possible I have a buddy who is getting out of 1/4 in the next couple of weeks and he said that they are slotted for a MEU again. To me that seems like the perfect time to test out new gear...when Marines lives dont depend on it.

Our lives at risk everyday on a MEU, you never when that hot babe in Australia might give you an STD.....

NYY
05-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Good info. Also look for the spool of flight line, its with the camping supplies.

sounds good! what does that help with

themailman
05-26-2011, 10:50 PM
sounds good! what does that help with

Connects to the PRC-E7 radio to allow for a better resonance. You WILL have a PRC E7 and you'll need anything you can to deal with one of those.

4NDone0331
05-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Our lives at risk everyday on a MEU, you never when that hot babe in Australia might give you an STD.....

LMAO

NYY
05-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Connects to the PRC-E7 radio to allow for a better resonance. You WILL have a PRC E7 and you'll need anything you can to deal with one of those.

haha alright cool man. definitely remember that for sure.

The Machine
05-26-2011, 11:01 PM
you never when that hot babe in Australia might give you an STD.....

The katoeys in Thailand are a bigger threat.

Hump0311
05-26-2011, 11:02 PM

I think this barrel has the same technology as the new M-60. It's amazing how many rounds these new barrels can put down range without a barrel change.

1FfeqK4kn6o

I've made 16, 249 and 240 barrels go red hot before. I have a friend who tested out the IAR along with some other rifles. He was unable to get this barrel to go red hot.

Hump0311
05-26-2011, 11:06 PM
haha alright cool man. definitely remember that for sure.

If you don't have any flight line you can always use a hmmwv key in a pinch. Just don't loose the hmmwv key. Trust me you don't want to be that guy.

RONIN.
05-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Good luck on your endeavor to become a lost-in-the-sauce butterbar!

lmao:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tweak338
05-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Looks really really familiar.
last name Vandever by chance?

Here's a picture of him:

Tweak338
05-26-2011, 11:08 PM

I always found the PRC E5's the worst. You never knew when they were going to give you trouble

themailman
05-26-2011, 11:09 PM
I think this barrel has the same technology as the new M-60. It's amazing how many rounds these new barrels can put down range without a round change.

1FfeqK4kn6o

I've made 16, 249 and 240 barrels go red hot before. I have a friend who tested out the IAR along with some other rifles. He was unable to get this barrel to go red hot.

That was amazing. Id be terrified to touch that feedtray after that haha.

themailman
05-26-2011, 11:13 PM
If you don't have any flight line you can always use a hmmwv key in a pinch. Just don't loose the hmmwv key. Trust me you don't want to be that guy.
Good advice man. This thread is like a damn treasure trove. Needs a sticky IMO.
I always found the PRC E5's the worst. You never knew when they were going to give you trouble

Ya, the PRC E5s are a pain to deal with, but give it 4 or 5 years and you'll learn real quick how to manage them. The PRC E7-E9 series has always given me trouble. Not enough flight line on my side I guess.

Secret
05-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Well... the 100 round surefire magazines did come out lol

Droppin Deuces
05-26-2011, 11:18 PM

But there's so much good food down there...

Quiet
05-26-2011, 11:26 PM
H&K M-27 IAR
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/xml/news/2009/12/marine_IAR_update_120309w/120209_saw_800.JPG

arsilva32
05-26-2011, 11:36 PM
does not the open bolt present problems with dirt and debris fouling the action?sand,mud ect.ect.

Quiet
05-26-2011, 11:44 PM
does not the open bolt present problems with dirt and debris fouling the action?sand,mud ect.ect.

The H&K M-27 does not fire from the open-bolt. It's totally closed bolt.
The other IAR entrants fired from the open-bolt and the H&K IAR was the only closed-bolt entry.

Quiet
05-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Military.com article on the H&K M-27 IAR (http://www.military.com/news/article/corps-set-to-field-saw-replacement.HTML?col=1186032325324)

http://images.military.com/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-Type&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=image%2Fjpeg&blobheadervalue2=inline%3Bfilename%3DM-27-IARlarge7.1.jpg&blobkey=id&blobnocache=false&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1209990362051&ssbinary=true

Program officials acknowledge that a 30-round magazine cannot produce the high volume of fire the M249 is capable of when loaded with a 200-round belt. The Corps is considering high-capacity magazines that can hold 50 or 100 rounds of 5.56mm ammo, but Marines that deploy with this first batch of IARs will carry only 30-round magazines.

The new IAR, which fires from the closed-bolt position, is most effective when employed as a point-target weapon, program officials maintain.

Program officials maintain that the increased accuracy will compensate for the M27's slower, sustained rate of fire. Unlike the M249, the new IAR doesn't have a spare barrel that can be switched out to prevent overheating. Marine gunners will have to keep their sustained rate of fire at 65 rounds per minute compared to the M249's 85 rounds per minute.

pyro3k2
05-26-2011, 11:58 PM
/facepalm...****ing marines, all this wonderful information and you forgot the most important thing, ALWAYS make sure you have batteries for your chem-lights. They aren't as long lasting as they lead you to believe and the damn batteries always die at the worst possible time.

(former FMF corpsman)

Colt-45
05-27-2011, 12:42 AM
Op, in short, the lesson here is you're no supposed to call yourself a Marine until you are one, it's a Marine thing. Feel free to call yourself a soldier at any time though.

Now back on topic, I don't think switching from a feltfed saw to a magazine fed HK is a good idea, even with the new 100 round IMPRACTICAL surefire magazines(the 60 rounders on the other hand are nice). Tell me how well you can all go prone with an 100 round surefire magazine while looking down the sights.

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/SureFire_MAG5-100_HCM_High_Capacity_Magazine_100-Shot_AR-15_M16_Box_Magazine_2.jpg

You guys only approve of the HK because it's new and cool ;) . I think this would more of the substitute for the M-4's that some Marines use.

NHP1127
05-27-2011, 7:29 AM
OCS is tough. Just make sure you go there in shape and understand that no matter how good shape you are in, they will just add more weight. It's a no win situation. Enjoy!

FatalKitty
05-27-2011, 9:42 AM
OP: maybe we can change the name of this topic to "LG Marine gets a lesson in Marine culture and tips for OCS"

otherwise... let's stay on topic...

metalliman545
05-27-2011, 11:15 AM

Here's a picture of him:

Haha and that's when a recruit DOESN'T f$$$ up I bet!

pyro3k2
05-27-2011, 11:25 AM
OCS is tough. Just make sure you go there in shape and understand that no matter how good shape you are in, they will just add more weight. It's a no win situation. Enjoy!

OCS = Fork and Knife school

PoofNoEyebrows
05-27-2011, 11:41 AM
This threads too funny. LG dare you to try and refer to yourself as a Marine while your in boot.

luckystrike
05-27-2011, 11:47 AM
man I hope they go with the LWRC, 4 pos selector, after the 1 round is fired on fullauto it fires open-bolt.....so sweet.

Knife Edge
05-27-2011, 1:03 PM

Here's a picture of him:

He's faking :). LOL. Had quite a few former enlisted Marines at Army OCS, they considered OCS much worse. It wasn't the yelling, it was managing the impossible and failure after failure that wore them down. It's different, but much worse on a personal level.

NYY
05-27-2011, 3:59 PM
This threads too funny. LG dare you to try and refer to yourself as a Marine while your in boot.

i dont refer myself as one bud. read through the thread a little better

NHP1127
05-27-2011, 4:42 PM
OCS = Fork and Knife school

and ignorance is bliss...

Hump0311
05-27-2011, 4:43 PM
He's faking :). LOL. Had quite a few former enlisted Marines at Army OCS, they considered OCS much worse. It wasn't the yelling, it was managing the impossible and failure after failure that wore them down. It's different, but much worse on a personal level.

lol I have friends who train all the butter bars over at OCS too. The Marine Corps is a small place. :D

Knife Edge
05-27-2011, 5:27 PM
and ignorance is bliss...

He's thinking of the Air Farce and OTS.

Colt-45
05-27-2011, 6:37 PM
He's faking :).

That's what I was thinking.:43: Didn't think anyone could be in that bad of a mood for 13 weeks. :)

rattlesnake_nm
05-27-2011, 7:48 PM
that im not a Marine? yea i felt the annoyance/hatred a few posts earlier...

No hatred. Annoyance maybe. Representing Yourself as a Marine, while not being one is not cool at all. I just was wondering. I would be dead by now if I had hatred for keyboard commandos. Maybe You should change Your screen name, or register again under a new name? Ever hear of the stolen valor act? I am not saying it applies here, but just want to make sure You are aware.

piedrarc
05-27-2011, 9:02 PM
Marine is capitalized!

If your commitment is fullfilled and you are commissioned.
Remember this:
"The streets are paved with the sun bleached bones of Lieutenants that wouldn't listen to their Sergeants"

NYY
05-27-2011, 9:06 PM
No hatred. Annoyance maybe. Representing Yourself as a marine, while not being one is not cool at all. I just was wondering. I would be dead by now if I had hatred for keyboard commandos. Maybe You should change Your screen name, or register again under a new name? Ever hear of the stolen valor act? I am not saying it applies here, but just want to make sure You are aware.

ya if theres any way to change it i will

rattlesnake_nm
05-27-2011, 9:11 PM
Marine is capitalized!

If you your commitment is fullfilled and you are commissioned.
Remember this:
"The streets are paved with the sun bleached bones of Lieutenants that wouldn't listen to their Sergeants"

edit coming

ya if theres any way to change it i will

I now see Your disclaimer in Your signature. IMO that is sufficient.

pyromensch
05-28-2011, 8:09 PM
i see i see. Love any advice, especially from one currently in. And what do you think of it replacing the saw

gonna be a fine officer, already changing the subject, back to the subject

pyromensch
05-28-2011, 8:17 PM

i had not one, but two, "john waynes", in my boot platoon. i heard about, a recruit that was named, "joe marine". the had to have cajones, to join the marines, or rocks in their heads........most likely the latter.

Beagle
05-28-2011, 9:27 PM
LG,

Haven't you heard the saying "Marines do more with less" (something like that)

Don't worry I work with some former Marines (a few still in the reserve)/ a retired 1SG who was a DI and a retired officer, some of the nicest people around I'm sure they were just as nice when they were younger, they'll take great care of you.

NYY
05-28-2011, 9:54 PM
I think this barrel has the same technology as the new M-60. It's amazing how many rounds these new barrels can put down range without a barrel change.

1FfeqK4kn6o

that is fuc*ing awesome

advocatusdiaboli
05-28-2011, 10:28 PM
I hope you get hazed.

Hope? Hope if he's joining the Girl Scouts. It's a certainly if he going Marines. I was Army Airborne but I know a few Marines though they won't admit to knowing me on record to other Marines :chris:

Sniper3142
05-28-2011, 11:21 PM

Oh that is mean!!

You really want him to suffer!! :D

Sniper3142
05-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Marine is capitalized!

If your commitment is fullfilled and you are commissioned.
Remember this:

WELL SAID!!!

E__WOK
06-02-2011, 2:53 PM

So you are planning to go to OCS as a civilian with a 4 year degree?

Now you are changing your mind by enlisting, getting your degree, and them maybe make it through OCS?

Which one is it???

Respect is earned, not given.

If you want to be an officer, stop writing like a high school kid and use proper words and capitalize what should be capitalized.

Nobody will listen to you if you call them cuz. With your attitude, you will never make it as an officer. Guess who runs OCS, it is the enlisted people who you will be in charge of.