PDA

View Full Version : draco trigger slap?

cali_armz
05-26-2011, 4:46 PM
I just recently picked up my romanian draco, and was rather surprised to see that the trigger is not a tapco g2. i was under the impression that the standard trigger system on an AK caused significant trigger slap, although i havent heard anything specifically directed at dracos.

anyone have any experience with this?

RustyMacHine
05-26-2011, 4:59 PM
They didn't need to replace anything for 922 compliance

cali_armz
05-26-2011, 5:08 PM
yea, it seems thats where it stands with dracos. no need for 922 compliance, so the high quality trigger system can stay instead of being replaced by some cheaper trigger which creates the trigger slap.

bohoki
05-26-2011, 7:14 PM
my mak-90 sporter and slr-95 have no slap they are as they were when i took them out of the box

something goes wrong with these thrown together aks i guess

cali_armz
05-26-2011, 7:59 PM
my mak-90 sporter and slr-95 have no slap they are as they were when i took them out of the box

something goes wrong with these thrown together aks i guess

it seems that the problem with AK's as rifles is that they are required to meet 922 compliance, which meas there needs to be a minimum number of american made parts on the firearm before its legal. i believe its 9 total, but i could be wrong on that.

so importers will switch out the standard trigger with something cheaper, which is american made and meets 922 compliance, but these cheaper triggers have trigger slap on them.

but pistols dont need to meet 922 compliance, so my draco can legally have its original milled trigger on it, which is excellent and does not create trigger slap.

bohoki
05-26-2011, 10:14 PM
i would assume trigger slap happens when the disconnector bottoms out on the trigger due to being improperly fitted and or the trigger having too much overtravel and the hammer really whomps on the disconnector

reminds me of that demotivational poster with the drunk monkey century arms assembler

Joe
05-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Tapco triggers were installed on some Draco's due to problems the Draco's were having.

RobGR
06-14-2011, 9:32 PM
Tapco triggers were installed on some Draco's due to problems the Draco's were having.

And what problems were there? Everyone says that there were problems but I haven't seen anything specific. OK, well there were burrs on the bolt carrier rails that I had to sand down, but otherwise, great so far. If you do know of something else, please post it.

My Draco has the original trigger group as well and I have not found a reason to replace it with a Tapco TG *knock on wood*

RobGR
06-14-2011, 11:04 PM
And cali_armz, you'll notice the disconnector on your Draco is the original (I hope) like the one on this link -

http://www.novarata.net/Linx310/slapfix.shtml

Cheers