View Full Version : WTB: Kar98k

12-09-2006, 7:37 PM
I'm looking for a Kar98K in the greater Bay Area, matching with waffenamts. A good bore would be nice as well. If you don't have one to sell, could you point me in the right direction of where to get one? Thanks to anyone who responds.

12-09-2006, 8:44 PM
I take it you don't have a C&R, otherwise you could just order on line. If you find something online, pm me and I'll give you the name and contact information of a dealer in Two Rock that does reasonable transfers. But even though it's a reasonable transfer fee, it's still more than getting your C&R.

As for the LGSs; I've seen plenty of nice C&Rs in Helms House of Guns on Piner in Santa Rosa. Also you might get lucky at North Bay Firearms in Cotati. The main thing with both places is you just have to go in regularly and see what they have.

I found a nice FN Belgium made Columbian Mauser in .30-06 at NBF for $200. Not a great deal, but a deal none the less. Most often guns are over priced there, but it doesn't hurt to walk in and check it out. If enough people walk in and walk out without buying a gun maybe they'll get the hint.

12-09-2006, 9:09 PM
Sounds good, but are there any places in Marin or closer? Thanks, BTW

12-09-2006, 9:16 PM
The only shops in Marin that I know of are Bull's Eye and Western Sport Shop. Last I knew niether had C&Rs. But honestly I haven't been into Bull's Eye for months so I don't know. Since they bought Marin Firearms' inventory, they may have a few.

12-16-2006, 10:40 PM
They don't have any more Mausers at Bullseye last I checked.

Anyone here have a Mauser 98k they wouldn't mind parting with?