PDA

View Full Version : Ammo prices on the rise?

USMC VET
05-26-2011, 1:42 PM
Just went to Sportsmans warehouse in Rocklin to pick up some Rem. Thunderbolts which ate usually 16.99 and they're now 18.99. I didn't get a chance to ask anyone but is this a trend across the board or just here?

Droppin Deuces
05-26-2011, 2:09 PM
Ammo prices will indeed be going up because of the all the price gouging by oil companies.

Izzy43
05-26-2011, 2:42 PM
Just went to Sportsmans warehouse in Rocklin to pick up some Rem. Thunderbolts which ate usually 16.99 and they're now 18.99. I didn't get a chance to ask anyone but is this a trend across the board or just here?

The government will tell us that inflation is low but truth is that it isn't. Fuel, energy, metals, food are all increasing in price. So follows everything else. Buy it now cause it won't go lower, only higher.

Kryptyde
05-26-2011, 3:20 PM
The government will tell us that inflation is low but truth is that it isn't. Fuel, energy, metals, food are all increasing in price. So follows everything else. Buy it now cause it won't go lower, only higher.

Especially with all the money that the gov is pumping into the economy.

sequoia_nomad
05-26-2011, 4:43 PM
Been going up since the Embarrassment in Chief took office, for those just tuning in.

lineman66
05-26-2011, 4:53 PM
IMO prices have come down quite a bit since the '09 insanity when people thought Obama was coming to take their guns away. Of course like gas prices once it goes up the price never drops to the same level again.

FourLoko
05-26-2011, 4:55 PM
Ammo prices will indeed be going up because of the all the price gouging by oil companies.

but gas prices went down again

sequoia_nomad
05-26-2011, 6:06 PM
IMO prices have come down quite a bit since the '09 insanity when people thought Obama was coming to take their guns away. Of course like gas prices once it goes up the price never drops to the same level again.

Availability has improved greatly, but I've been watching Walmart prices slowly work their way up none the less. Example, 5 years ago a brick of Federal bulk .22 was around $11 locally here. They are currently at about 18 bucks. Same with their cheap centerfire ammo. Fifty cents here, a dollar there, no one notices until it becomes substantial. I'm loving the availability and price of primers these days though! Seems too good to be true!!

bohoki
05-26-2011, 8:16 PM

two steps foward, one step back

it is pretty neat that its almost like the cheapest bulk 22lr seems to be about the same price as a primer

nevil
05-26-2011, 9:24 PM
Prices went up with in 3 weeks.

USMC VET
05-26-2011, 9:50 PM
I hadn't really noticed any higher prices because every since I got into shooting rimfire last year I've paid 16.99 for my thunderbolts and I went in today and was shocked to see a 2 dollar hike with them and 4 dollar hike with blazers. CCI mini mags went up a dollar too. Haven't checked Walmart but I will when I get a chance.

Droppin Deuces
05-26-2011, 11:23 PM

Sure, and when they go back up, they'll be even higher than they just were. That's how they do it. Stick the knife in, twist it a little, pull it out, and tell us it won't happen again. A few months later, stick the knife in, turn it a little more... And on and on and before you know it, you're saying "gosh, remember when gas was only $4/gallon?"

If there's one thing that needs to be regulated in this country it's fuel prices.

Sanderhawk
05-27-2011, 6:32 AM
Sure, and when they go back up, they'll be even higher than they just were. That's how they do it. Stick the knife in, twist it a little, pull it out, and tell us it won't happen again. A few months later, stick the knife in, turn it a little more... And on and on and before you know it, you're saying "gosh, remember when gas was only $4/gallon?"

If there's one thing that needs to be regulated in this country it's fuel prices.

Thats just how the world runs. Its all about greed. Buy your ammo now before its doubles in price again

chknlyps2
05-28-2011, 9:18 PM
Been going up since the Embarrassment in Chief took office, for those just tuning in.

Thats funny stuff right there! Might just make it in a sig line or 2.... LOL

otteray
05-28-2011, 9:28 PM
Don't need more regulation. Want lower prices?
Drill, baby, drill!
We got lotsa oil right here!
Meanwhile, buy in bulk to save on ammo costs.

Mail Clerk
05-30-2011, 2:04 PM

Ammo proces were toted to be going up and I'm not surprised in the least. Still for what you paid the 22LR is still the best bargain around. If you can but more bricks and save in the long run. Check local ads from different sporting goods stores for sales and just try to have fun shooting instead of worrying too much about the money.

In the near future I'll be shooting more 22's....it's just the drive to Angeles to make it worth while just for shooting the small 22.

Mail Clerk