PDA

View Full Version : Wincherster M70 sling swivels

Skeletor
05-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Hello All,

New to this forum. Ya'll rock. Love this site. Now, on to the question. Own a M70, Bought a bipod and a sling (for different applications) and the swivel bolt(?) doesn't seem to have a hole large enough for the bipod bold or the sling pivot to fit through. Should I drill it out? Do they sell larger ones? Where do I purchase said swivel bolts?

Thanks!

Alex

sephy
05-26-2011, 12:01 AM
If it were me I'd probably try to drill it out first. It is probably not that far off, if not you can look at midwayusa.com or brownells.com or even go into your local gun store and tell them the problem you're having. They will likely have a solution. A quick search on Midway found these (link below), no word on if they will solve your problem. The holes I thought were pretty standard?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=887160

Z.1
05-26-2011, 12:03 AM
Might try midwayusa.com they generally have a pretty good selection of stuff like that.

What model 70 do you have? No problem with the swivels on my ultimate shadow

ETA: ^^ sephy beat me to it :D

Skeletor
05-26-2011, 1:05 AM
Win 70 30-06. Bought it used. Don't know much more than that. Have a good way to find out?

Z.1
05-26-2011, 8:06 AM
Wood stock, synthetic? Stainless or blued? You can always check against Winchester's website. Probably has nothing to do with the swivel, I was just curious.