PDA

View Full Version : RAPID DEPLOYMENT Awesomeness...........

supersonic
05-25-2011, 8:49 PM
Twenty seconds from trunk to "DON'T you EVER F with Me!!!!":cool:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0650.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0651.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0652.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0653.jpg

supersonic
05-25-2011, 8:49 PM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0654.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0655.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0656.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0657.jpg

generalpetres
05-25-2011, 8:53 PM
Twenty seconds from trunk to "DON'T you EVER F with Me!!!!":cool:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0650.jpg

You dont want any one to know you drive a ford???

Nice setup but id be more worried if some one broke into the care and stole the gun in the trunk.

Inquirer
05-25-2011, 8:55 PM
The mind boggles...

supersonic
05-25-2011, 8:56 PM

I guess if that were the case, I did a pretty good job! (it's NOT a Ford):cool:

Nice setup but id be more worried if some one broke into the care and stole the gun in the trunk.

Then I guess every guy like me (and all cops) need to stop carrying guns in their trunks! (Are you kidding!?:confused:)

pyro3k2
that looks way to expensive to keep in the back of my car, I would be really mad if some one stole that setup out of my trunk. If I remember correctly when transporting firearms and ammuntion in the same POV, don't you have to keep your firearm/ammo in seperate locked containers away from each other? I could be wrong about that, but isn't there something similar to this on the books already.

themailman
Woah there killa, dont get your BSA in a knot...

DannyInSoCal
05-25-2011, 8:57 PM
Retake and replace the pics in your closed garage.

That's called brandishing.....

generalpetres
05-25-2011, 8:57 PM
I guess if that were the case, I did a pretty good job! (it's NOT a Ford):cool:

no its not a ford its a chevy malibu :). just razzin ya

as for the loaded mags with the rifle i do believe thats against the law, when ever transporting my ammo and guns together ammo boxes are in the car with the rifles locked in the trunk. plus you say 20 second deployment, did you test your self under a stressful situation? Wouldn't a handgun be a lot easier and quicker to pull out than your ar15??

Ub3rDorK
05-25-2011, 9:00 PM
hmmm...
:shrug:

SixPointEight
05-25-2011, 9:03 PM
no its not a ford its a chevy malibu :). just razzin ya

as for the loaded mags with the rifle i do believe thats against the law, when ever transporting my ammo and guns together ammo boxes are in the car with the rifles locked in the trunk. plus you say 20 second deployment, did you test your self under a stressful situation? Wouldn't a handgun be a lot easier and quicker to pull out than your ar15??

And a very feminine swirly tattoo :p

themailman
05-25-2011, 9:04 PM

Exactly what I was thinking....

supersonic
05-25-2011, 9:06 PM
that looks way to expensive to keep in the back of my car, I would be really mad if some one stole that setup out of my trunk. If I remember correctly when transporting firearms and ammuntion in the same POV, don't you have to keep your firearm/ammo in seperate locked containers away from each other? I could be wrong about that, but isn't there something similar to this on the books already.

You would be incorrect indeed. A gun may be kept unloaded with ammo in the same locked container (like the Glock that is in the vault in the pic - it is right next to 2 full mags = Legal) In this case, it doesn't matter, because the rifle is only "parts" as it sits in the case.

Nope. That is a barrel blank used for the pic. The rifle (as seen in pic) is non-functioning. EDIT: before anyone says anything about the FSB marks, this has been used on more than one prop gun. It is a real barrel that just hasn't been bored out.

supersonic
05-25-2011, 9:08 PM
And a very feminine swirly tattoo :p

You should see what it actually looks like.:p

coy80176
05-25-2011, 9:10 PM
Why not just keep it in the trunk assembled...isn't the locked trunk a locked container? Just can't have a round in the pipe or loaded magazine in the receiver...right?

Play on, player!:cool2:

resident-shooter
05-25-2011, 9:11 PM
Yo nice Ford you gut their

Which Way Out
05-25-2011, 9:11 PM
Exactly what I was thinking....

2nd that

Yugo
05-25-2011, 9:15 PM
hope the two mags are empty seeing how they are both ATTACHED.

7.62 Charlie
05-25-2011, 9:18 PM
So you put the barrel on and then twist on the handguard and its gtg?

supersonic
05-25-2011, 9:28 PM
So you put the barrel on and then twist on the handguard and its gtg?

Yup. Pretty freaking killer, huh? Here:http://dry-fire.com/the-tac2-ar15-discreet-carry-kit

themailman
05-25-2011, 9:35 PM
It'd be interesting to see a ratcheting system like on an Aimpoint QRP applied to the handguard.

SocalShooterX
05-25-2011, 9:56 PM
That's pretty BA, imho.

When i saw the first picture, i thought they were swirly bumper stickers all across the back, and I was staring at the photo like....WTF?!

haha then i scrolled down.

definitly a sweet idea.

7.62 Charlie
05-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Yup. Pretty freaking killer, huh? Here:http://dry-fire.com/the-tac2-ar15-discreet-carry-kit

That is pretty killer :D

osis32
05-25-2011, 10:20 PM
You can do that in 5 seconds with an msar.

NorCalDustin
05-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Yes, you would be incorrect. A gun may be kept unloaded with ammo in the same locked container (like the Glock that is in the vault in the pic - it is right next to 2 full mags = Legal) In this case, it doesn't matter, because the rifle is only "parts" as it sits in the case.

Nope. That is a barrel blank used for the pic. The rifle (as seen in pic) is non-functioning. EDIT: before anyone says anything about the FSB marks, this has been used on more than one prop gun. It is a real barrel that just hasn't been bored out.

Nice...

r6raff
05-26-2011, 12:10 AM
That's bad *** man, I would love to carry my rifle in a small container like that rather than the 35+inch case I have for it now.

Also, against popular belief, it is legal to carry ammo with a weapon in the same container, as long as the weapon isn't loaded you are good to go.

winxp_man
05-26-2011, 12:51 AM

+1

I had a lady (from what I can understand from the popo's) call the cops on me for a small plastic lighter pistol. I had a chopper follow me around town until I parked in the parking lot of a store I was going to. Then after (probably in the minds of all them popo's) they cornered me with two K-9 units about 4 sheriff cars + 5 CHP cars and three biker popo's and them chopper dude in the air, I just happened to over heat my engine on my scraper and popped the hood to take a look. As I was looking for the issue I feel a Glock barrel at the back of my head and a voice saying don't move! :eek::eek::eek: I was about to ***** my pants! Then after they forced me to the ground in 90% weather they cuffed me and as I get up I notice that I had all of Sac PD and CHP on me! So they put me into a car and started asking me questions about weapons and where they are at. I told them I have no weapons of any kind. Then they ask for permission to look in my car and I said I have no problems knowing that I'm not carrying anything. Well little did I know how they will turn my car upside down and dogs all up in it. After this they found my small ***** lighter pistol and started laughing at what was found and asking me if I was pointing it out the window. I told them I had no reason to and no I did not. Then they let me go. All this took about 1 1/2- 2 hours.

Not trying to tell you what to do but just watch out people will call and it will not be fun if the experience is like mine.

MrPlink
05-26-2011, 1:03 AM
+1

I had a lady (from what I can understand from the popo's) call the cops on me for a small plastic lighter pistol. I had a chopper follow me around town until I parked in the parking lot of a store I was going to. Then after (probably in the minds of all them popo's) they cornered me with two K-9 units about 4 sheriff cars + 5 CHP cars and three biker popo's and them chopper dude in the air, I just happened to over heat my engine on my scraper and popped the hood to take a look. As I was looking for the issue I feel a Glock barrel at the back of my head and a voice saying don't move! :eek::eek::eek: I was about to ***** my pants! Then after they forced me to the ground in 90% weather they cuffed me and as I get up I notice that I had all of Sac PD and CHP on me! So they put me into a car and started asking me questions about weapons and where they are at. I told them I have no weapons of any kind. Then they ask for permission to look in my car and I said I have no problems knowing that I'm not carrying anything. Well little did I know how they will turn my car upside down and dogs all up in it. After this they found my small ***** lighter pistol and started laughing at what was found and asking me if I was pointing it out the window. I told them I had no reason to and no I did not. Then they let me go. All this took about 1 1/2- 2 hours.

Not trying to tell you what to do but just watch out people will call and it will not be fun if the experience is like mine.

very similar thing happened to a friend of mine, the funnier part is that the person who called the cops... was another friend of mine!

but yeah, brandishing is pretty easy to get tagged with.

supersonic
05-26-2011, 2:21 AM
I got it covered, fellers. All my neighbors know me and on any given day I am openly moving firearms in the front of my house. As far as the pics in this thread, I also made sure the coast was clear (i.e. no vehicles approaching) before bringing the gun up & snapping the photo.

To the guys who know how badaess this is: thanks & I KNOW!:D The TAC-2 Discreet is one of the coolest accessories out there to convert your M-4 into a true "007-Tool." The only permanent 'mod' that heeds to be done is a sanding/emery cloth job to the inside of the upper where the barrel extension plugs in. This needs to be done in order to be able to do a seamless barrel install/removal. The barrel normally takes a bit of "work" to free from the upper otherwise, and the purpose of this kit is to have a truly quick-attach barrel. I recommend everyone get one of these for their trunk gun arsenal. :thumbsup:

UM...."F YEAH!!" & "GET SOME!!!":chris:

Play on, player!:cool2:

Whatup man. I will make a point of doing that, now that you mentioned it. Thanks!:cool::punk:

247Nino
05-26-2011, 5:55 AM
Music is my life, the Alto Sax primarily
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3899/img0459o.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5794/img0462e.jpg

tomd1584
05-26-2011, 6:44 AM
Do you always keep this in the trunk? If so, why not just keep the rifle fully assembled with a mag in the redi-mag? That should cut down about 18.5 seconds from trunk "to dont you ever F with me"

Either way its a pretty cool setup!

goodlookin1
05-26-2011, 7:17 AM
I like this rapid deployment thing. Pretty cool! But why does it cost so much???

supersonic
05-26-2011, 7:21 AM
I like this rapid deployment thing. Pretty cool! But why does it cost so much???

I think it's pricey because these are precision-machined specialty parts that are made in small numbers. That would be my guess. This is very much a specialty item that only appeals to a small niche in the industry. The quality of workmanship on the tube/adapter/clamp is very high. The parts are hand-made. I will go out & take some detailed pics now....stay tuned.....

Dannicus
05-26-2011, 7:38 AM
I think it's pricey because these are precision-machined specialty parts that are made in small numbers. That would be my guess. This is very much a specialty item that only appeals to a small niche in the industry. The quality of workmanship on the tube/adapter/clamp is very high. The parts are hand-made. I will go out & take some detailed pics now....stay tuned.....

You'd think with all the precision machining skill, they could at least make a case that secures all the parts rather than just tossing the barrel in there. Maybe use closed-cell foam and put a cutout for the barrel in the upper half. That one looks like a 13 year old cut up an old couch cushion with a paring knife.

The Machine
05-26-2011, 7:45 AM
Does the quick connect barrel effect accuracy at all?

Big Ben
05-26-2011, 7:52 AM
Couple of thoughts on the comments in this thread. First, the a loaded magazine can be stored in the same locked container as the firearm, but cannot be inserted into the magazine well (which it appears to be).

Second, if the rear seats of the mystery car fold down and allow pass-through from the trunk to the vehicle's passenger area, the trunk isn't considered a locked container, and a separate locked case would appear to be advisable.

Finally, I'm not sure why several posters have stated that this is brandishing. I'm certainly not an attorney, but my understanding of PC 417 is that brandishing occurs when one "draws or exhibits any firearm, whether loaded or
unloaded, in a rude, angry, or threatening manner, or who in any
manner, unlawfully uses a firearm in any fight or quarrel."

The photos don't appear to be taken in a fight or quarrel, nor does the firearm appear to be displayed in a "rude, angry, or threatening manner." If I squint and tilt my head, maybe the picture of him hold the rifle could be construed as "threatening," even though no one is around, but I wouldn't sweat it too hard if I were the OP.

All that being said, it probably isn't advisable to take those types of photos in your front yard, as you could very well end up with a courtesy visit from your friendly neighborhood police officer.

missiontrails
05-26-2011, 8:27 AM
Does the redimag make it an AW? Because there would be 20 rounds attached at one time.... Let me read, and answer my own question...

blazeaglory
05-26-2011, 8:47 AM

but yet, now all his neighbors know he is a gun toting PSYCHO:p

Fate
05-26-2011, 8:53 AM

supersonic, still full of fail:

12556. (a) No person may openly display or expose any imitation
firearm, as defined in Section 12550, in a public place.
(b) Violation of this section, except as provided in subdivision
(c), is an infraction punishable by a fine of one hundred dollars
($100) for the first offense, and three hundred dollars ($300) for a
second offense.
(c) A third or subsequent violation of this section is punishable
as a misdemeanor.

PatriotnMore
05-26-2011, 8:53 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Fate
05-26-2011, 8:54 AM
Does the redimag make it an AW? Because there would be 20 rounds attached at one time.... Let me read, and answer my own question...

No, it does not.

Briancnelson
05-26-2011, 8:59 AM
The photos don't appear to be taken in a fight or quarrel, nor does the firearm appear to be displayed in a "rude, angry, or threatening manner." If I squint and tilt my head, maybe the picture of him hold the rifle could be construed as "threatening," even though no one is around, but I wouldn't sweat it too hard if I were the OP.

All that being said, it probably isn't advisable to take those types of photos in your front yard, as you could very well end up with a courtesy visit from your friendly neighborhood police officer.

Problem is, the neighborhood police officer usually isn't "Friendly" when it comes to a report of a guy aiming a big black rifle across the street. And it is usually more than one. More like 10. And if you are really unlucky you'll end up like the poor guy in Tucson who got shot 70 times by a swat team who was at the wrong damn house.

And the fact the neighbors "know" you means squat. All one has to do is be pissed at you. Or have their mom in law over for the weekend who calls the cops on the scary man with the gun. And certainly none of them know the barrel is not bored out. And incidentally, the brandishing statute says nothing about a FUNCTIONAL firearm, by my reading. I'd have to look harder to be sure, but on first glance, no.

And given how hard the lefties have been working to make people scared of guns, many cops consider a gun in a safe to be menacing and angry these days.

So again, it just makes more sense to do it in a closed garage or your backyard. Even without the law involved, it's just more polite to your neighbors not to point weapons at their house. If I was looking out the window and saw that aimed at me from across the street, I'd be just as pissed as when some dummy sweeps me at the range.

Feel free to ignore the friendly advice offered you, but it's your *** if you are wrong.

PatriotnMore
05-26-2011, 9:06 AM
Problem is, the neighborhood police officer usually isn't "Friendly" when it comes to a report of a guy aiming a big black rifle across the street. And it is usually more than one. More like 10. And if you are really unlucky you'll end up like the poor guy in Tucson who got shot 70 times by a swat team who was at the wrong damn house.

And the fact the neighbors "know" you means squat. All one has to do is be pissed at you. Or have their mom in law over for the weekend who calls the cops on the scary man with the gun. And certainly none of them know the barrel is not bored out. And incidentally, the brandishing statute says nothing about a FUNCTIONAL firearm, by my reading. I'd have to look harder to be sure, but on first glance, no.

And given how hard the lefties have been working to make people scared of guns, many cops consider a gun in a safe to be menacing and angry these days.

So again, it just makes more sense to do it in a closed garage or your backyard. Even without the law involved, it's just more polite to your neighbors not to point weapons at their house. If I was looking out the window and saw that aimed at me from across the street, I'd be just as pissed as when some dummy sweeps me at the range.

Feel free to ignore the friendly advice offered you, but it's your *** if you are wrong.

Could not agree more. good post.

gatesbox
05-26-2011, 9:14 AM

second offense.
as a misdemeanor.

Look I'm no lawyer but I also don't pretend to be either, there is always too much arm chair lawyering on the forums.

When did a persons driveway become a public place? The way you guys talk I need to disguise my rifle in a prom dress just to take it from my car to the house.....???

missiontrails
05-26-2011, 9:46 AM
No, it does not.

Good to know..... I'm getting some mag couplers...

Mute
05-26-2011, 9:48 AM

Give the guy a break. Would you really break into THAT car?

missiontrails
05-26-2011, 9:49 AM
but yet, now all his neighbors know he is a gun toting PSYCHO:p

Do you think his neighbors are Calgunners? Because otherwise, his neighbors will think he took an office job, carrying the nice briefcase and all:)

Big Ben
05-26-2011, 10:12 AM

Interesting. So not technically brandishing (as defined in PC 417), but still illegal under PC 12556.

I stand corrected (sort of).

Big Ben
05-26-2011, 10:17 AM

I absolutely agree, which was really the point of my comment. While not illegal (although I appear to be wrong on that point, too - see my post above), it certainly isn't a wise thing to do.

Next time I'll make sure to use the sarcasm font when I refer to the "friendly neighborhood policeman."

Lead Waster
05-26-2011, 10:18 AM
My first thoughts were "Wow, that window decorations is awesome!" before I realized it was photoshop to obscure things, not actually stuff on the car" Second thought was same as many people here ... "Whoa, you must be freaking out the nieghbours!"

goodlookin1
05-26-2011, 10:24 AM

second offense.
as a misdemeanor.

According to you, I cannot expose a squirt gun / air soft pistol / Nerf gun / BB or pellet gun / rubber band rifle, in MY driveway? How about open carry, then? That's a REAL firearm exposed in the open, and in public. So, I believe you are mistaken.

Now, if I go around brandishing one as a firearm, acting as if it is a real firearm and act menacingly, that may be a different story. Even still, I am on MY driveway and that is not a public place, like a store or a mall or a park.

Lead Waster
05-26-2011, 10:32 AM
According to you, I cannot expose a squirt gun / air soft pistol / Nerf gun / BB or pellet gun in MY driveway?

I believe you are mistaken.

Now, if I go around brandishing one as a firearm, acting as if it is a real firearm and act menacingly, that may be a different story. Even still, I am on MY driveway and that is not a public place, like a store or a mall or a park.

I think it's similar to how you can't stand naked on your driveway. Or even naked in your living room with the curtains open.

It's what people can see while they are standing on public land that may be the problem I think.

If people can't see it, no problem. I gotta say if my neighbour was sitting in his driveway with something that looked like a gun I'd be worried because, unlike nakedness, a gun's menace extends far beyond a driveway.

supersonic
05-26-2011, 10:45 AM
ANY-who.........*sigh*................:rolleyes:

As to the question about why I don't just carry an assembled rifle in the trunk, it's really simple: catch me on the right day and, depending on my mood, you might be surprised!:D

More Ultra-Awesomeness:)

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0671.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0673.jpg

Big Noe
05-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Aside from all that brandishing stuff, thats a pretty cool set up man

supersonic
05-26-2011, 11:11 AM
And now, for the few guys that want to know more about this 'cool-as-all getout' deployment system , I took some pics of the details behind my TAC-2 R.D.A.S. (Rapid Deployment Armament System)

Here is the barrel interface 'locking collar' which slips on your barrel from the muzzle end. It sits loosely in front of the extension:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0661.jpg

This is the freefloat tube with the (visible) locking "shoulder" ring that is secured to the inner threads of the forend by a set screw:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0660.jpg

The upper receiver adapter. This is the part that the freefloat tube threads on to for deployment:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0662.jpg

This picture shows how the barrel interface fits into the receiver adapter by means of 2 steel pins. Also, you can see where the gas tube goes through the groove in the interface, and through the 12:00 hole in the adapter:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0663.jpg

Upper receiver shows where inner surface has been smoothed by emery cloth to facilitate rapid barrel entrance/exit:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0665.jpg

supersonic
05-26-2011, 11:12 AM
View of the receiver adapter installed:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0670.jpg

Barrel installation:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0667.jpg

Forend installation:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0668.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0669.jpg

And there you have it. Covert. Quick Deployment. The Ultimate Weapons System where space is limited, being discreet is paramount, and your sidearm just isn't enough firepower!!:cool:

supersonic
05-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Aside from all that brandishing stuff, thats a pretty cool set up man

I know, man. Lot of wasted time in this thread of yentas screaming like weenies sizzling on the BBQ.

I kid....I kid!:p

Dooligan
05-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Sick.

LOL @ your neighbors thoughts as you were taking those pics.

"Uh...honey...he's at it again...."

supersonic
05-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Sick.

LOL @ your neighbors thoughts as you were taking those pics.

"Uh...honey...he's at it again...."

Exactly. I'm part of the Neighborhood Watch program with about 20 other families & 4 Sac PD officers (who have relatives here) and they all feel "much safer" (QUOTE) with me here. In fact, and I wasn't the one who brought this up, I have been told on many an occasion that -if S ever HTF- everyone would be heading over to my 'compound' to ride out the storm!:p ..... My garage is always open when I am into serious handloading sessions, and I service all my long guns on the side of the garage. I have nothing to hide & my neighbors know it. And they love me for it! :thumbsup:

(I'm just grateful I don't have any "genius" yentas living in my area;)) EDIT: Actually, there IS one anonymous ***** who has called the police on me TWICE for ....um...let's see here...."sitting in my car suspiciously watching people" and the Oscar-Nominated "Selling drugs out of the house." In fact, the cops who showed up are now buddies of mine!!! So you can clearly see that if I was "brandishing," no one else seems to care at all. Not even Douchey McDouchebag!

supersonic
05-26-2011, 12:28 PM
if I were a cop who was driving by I'd probably have shot you. You didn't get slick, you got lucky. In future, get wise.
--Inq

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/do-you-feel-lucky-punk.png

:p:p:smilielol5::rofl2::rofl2: ..a keyboard "tough guy"

Uxi
05-26-2011, 12:42 PM
You keep the gloves in the case, too?

supersonic
05-26-2011, 12:45 PM
You keep the gloves in the case, too?

No, Uxi, I do not. They were used more for the 'commando cool factor' in the pics than anything else. I don't even use them to shoot. They are very comfortable to slip on when it's cold out.:)

Uxi
05-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Ah, was making me think I was missing something from my SHTF bag. :D

Nice barrel system, looks a lot like the Bushmaster system for the ACR.

NorCalAthlete
05-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Ah, was making me think I was missing something from my SHTF bag. :D

Nice barrel system, looks a lot like the Bushmaster system for the ACR.

As far as SHTF bag, why WOULDN'T you have gloves?

Uxi
05-26-2011, 12:51 PM
I have regular leather gloves, but not tacticool ones with the carbon/kevlar knuckles and all that. I was briefly considering getting some Oakley SI or Hatch SOG HK400's

Nathan Krynn
05-26-2011, 1:42 PM
Look I'm no lawyer but I also don't pretend to be either, there is always too much arm chair lawyering on the forums.

When did a persons driveway become a public place? The way you guys talk I need to disguise my rifle in a prom dress just to take it from my car to the house.....???

I know in Florida on private property as long as you don't aim it at anyone or like someone else said act in a rude etc manner then it is not brandishing, to my limited knowledge.

Heck yesterday the fire break (125 acres) was in the back yards of the street behind us and I had the command center 3 houses down from me, I put the contents of both safes in my wife's escape and even talked sheriffs while doing it. Of course I know them as they come into the shop all the time but no one said a word. I also wasn't aiming them or anything crazy and had my hands full of 3-4 at a time but still. Also every one was packing the houses. One actually joked with me about it. It was also an emergency.

I have on a few times shot on my property to kill snakes and pests. I used to have a neighbor call the sheriffs and they would come and since it is private property in the county im all good. One time I was still shooting and has the 22lr in my hand when he called me over to the car. Again I know all the local cops but they said as long as I am not being an ***** or aiming at anyone I am okay.

SO yes I live in FLA and not CA and am not a lawyer I don't think what he did is brandishing unless someones grandma was in the line of fire. However like most laws they are up to the officer to interpret and your lawyer to get you off, you all ways have to play the chances on things like that.

gemini1
05-26-2011, 2:09 PM

If you go to the 2nd ammendment forum and look for the thread where its been discussed.
If your front yard/driveway can be access by the public (no fence/gate) then its considered public.

gemini1
05-26-2011, 2:14 PM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0669.jpg

And there you have it. Covert. Quick Deployment. The Ultimate Weapons System where space is limited, being discreet is paramount, and your sidearm just isn't enough firepower!!:cool:

So I'm assuming you just tighten the forend by hand to lock the barrel in place? which means that the rifle is only good for certain # of rounds before you need to check for tightness, right?

themailman
05-26-2011, 2:17 PM
ANY-who.........*sigh*................:rolleyes:

As to the question about why I don't just carry an assembled rifle in the trunk, it's really simple: catch me on the right day and, depending on my mood, you might be surprised!:D

More Ultra-Awesomeness:)

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0671.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0673.jpg

I like your style more and more. Sorry we shat on your thread.

MountainMike
05-26-2011, 2:22 PM

So hypothetically bore sighting a rifle on an imaginary neighbor's garage door which for the sake of this assumption is exactly 100 yards away is bad?:shifty:

supersonic
05-26-2011, 3:17 PM
So hypothetically bore sighting a rifle on an imaginary neighbor's garage door which for the sake of this assumption is exactly 100 yards away is bad?:shifty:

Ha!! Guess I've been "BRANDISHING" as long as I've been sighting in my own rifles!!:rolleyes:

Fate
05-26-2011, 3:29 PM
According to you, I cannot expose a squirt gun / air soft pistol / Nerf gun / BB or pellet gun / rubber band rifle, in MY driveway? How about open carry, then? That's a REAL firearm exposed in the open, and in public. So, I believe you are mistaken.

First, your driveway IS public space unless it is behind a locked gate. See "People v. Overturf"

Secondly, no you can't expose an airsoft/paintball/BB/pellet gun or a real rifle with a blank barrel in it. Here's the Penal Code (not "according to me"):

12550. As used in this article, the following definitions apply:
(c) "Imitation firearm" means any BB device, toy gun, replica of a
firearm, or other device that is so substantially similar in
coloration and overall appearance to an existing firearm as to lead a
reasonable person to perceive that the device is a firearm.

MrExel17
05-26-2011, 3:32 PM
Nice, I like it! Just make sure to bring the right suite case to work!

supersonic
05-26-2011, 9:23 PM
Nice, I like it! Just make sure to bring the right suite case to work!

No Doubt!! I have a nearly identical briefcase that is NOT filled with superior firepower.....I need to be careful of which one I take into the office!!:eek:

CaliNoMag
05-26-2011, 9:32 PM

looks like a chevy malibu to me

Nice briefcase breakdown and deployment, props.

CaliNoMag
05-26-2011, 9:38 PM

seems like the lefties got YOU scared Brian.

This is the USA, we have the right to own and bear arms, hence hold/wield/carry them , in the open, in a safe manner.

Lawful use and lawful carry, embrace your rights, enjoy them.

arsilva32
05-26-2011, 10:03 PM

LOL thought the same thing

pyro3k2
05-26-2011, 11:31 PM

Thought corssed my mind after seeing that Saiga12 just sitting there LOL, im kidding I have my own already. :gunsmilie:. Makes me wonder what your set up would be in a free state :cool2:

Toast
05-26-2011, 11:46 PM
That's pretty cool, all you need now is a RadPack :D .

Chontkleer
05-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Do you think his neighbors are Calgunners? Because otherwise, his neighbors will think he took an office job, carrying the nice briefcase and all:)

Hmmm, maybe we (I use that lightly since I'm pretty new here) should start purchasing homes in bulk. We could work out deals direct with lenders who are sitting on foreclosed homes and being forced to maintain them and pay property taxes. SD cluster, OC cluster, LA cluster, etc. Could create big pockets of rational society if we do have civil unrest coming our way.

caoboy
05-27-2011, 2:42 AM
Why not just roll with the halves separated? Seems faster to me to pop them together, tap rack bang!

A lower receiver isn't a firearm...

xibunkrlilkidsx
05-27-2011, 7:18 AM
and i had wanted t kill you i probably would of already gotten you when you had to get out of your vehicle to get the rifle out of the truck tahn sit there and try and assemble it while im firing at you..

if you have no practice under stress it wont go very well.

Average Joe American
05-27-2011, 9:06 AM
That red dot sight looks like it needs a riser? Kinda low for an AR platform unless he has a really small skull?

supersonic
05-27-2011, 9:46 AM
Why not just roll with the halves separated? Seems faster to me to pop them together, tap rack bang!

A lower receiver isn't a firearm...

Because you couln't dream of fitting that into such a small, compact package: you are limited to the length of the entire upper. Whereas with the TAC-2 you are only limited be the complete lower receiver, which is far less " length-wise.:)

Lead Waster
05-27-2011, 9:51 AM
LOL thought the same thing

Of course I would, now that I know what's in there!

Also, I don't think crooks are that discriminatory. If there is an opportunity, they will break into your car. They know that you might not have the mona lisa in there, but you also probably don't have some expensive alarm and you aren't watching the car every second, like you might if it was a mercedes.

gatesbox
05-27-2011, 10:15 AM
If you go to the 2nd ammendment forum and look for the thread where its been discussed.
If your front yard/driveway can be access by the public (no fence/gate) then its considered public.

This is asinine, but there are plenty of asinine laws in CA. Every section of penal code 417 includes "in a rude, angry or threatening manner" so I don't see what all the squealing is about...

Quickdraw Mcgraw
05-27-2011, 10:23 AM
very similar thing happened to a friend of mine, the funnier part is that the person who called the cops... was another friend of mine!

but yeah, brandishing is pretty easy to get tagged with.

WOW...WITH FRIENDS LIKE YOURS WHO NEEDS ENEMIES!!!:cool2:

Mute
05-27-2011, 10:24 AM
One question. If you're keeping it in the trunk anyways, why have it broken down?

caoboy
05-27-2011, 1:27 PM
Because you couln't dream of fitting that into such a small, compact package: you are limited to the length of the entire upper. Whereas with the TAC-2 you are only limited be the complete lower receiver, which is far less " length-wise.:)

Uh..get a longer suitcase? This is just some super tacticool wannabe secret agent stuff that is useless in the way that the OP is intending it to be. Hell, rolling with the gun on his seat with a combo lock through the magwell set to click one digit over would be a better setup than this. Takes only a couple of seconds (think changing a mag) to go from a locked firearm to locked, cocked, and ready to roll.

His choice though. I'd personally not run something like this because it seems that even though it locks the barrel into place, there is cause for headspacing issues if it were to not be tightened enough, or weaken over time due to being constantly having to tighten/loosen it. Seems that way to me.

Then again, if you are super secret agent guy, you'd only have to use this a couple of times and then you'd get a new gun from M, or Q or whoever it is that comes out with cool guns.

supersonic
05-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Uh..get a longer suitcase? Seems as though you missed the point altogether. First, it's not a "suit"case. It is a BRIEFcase (or attache') and the whole point of it is to blend in and look inconspicuous with any other person walking the streets. People don't carry luggage around with them on an everyday basis.;) This is just some super tacticool wannabe secret agent stuff that is useless in the way that the OP is intending it to be. "Wannabe?" "Useless in the way I am intending it to be?" What, exactly, is it "trying" to be? And since you are claiming to be "all-knowing," What is it that I was "intending" it to be? (this should be good!:rolleyes:) Hell, rolling with the gun on his seat with a combo lock through the magwell set to click one digit over would be a better setup than this. Takes only a couple of seconds (think changing a mag) to go from a locked firearm to locked, cocked, and ready to roll. That's REAL smart. YOU try that and see how long it takes for someone to call the cops on your aess!

His choice though. I'd personally not run something like this because it seems that even though it locks the barrel into place, there is cause for headspacing issues if it were to not be tightened enough, or weaken over time due to being constantly having to tighten/loosen it. Again, you are speculating from your keyboard about things you know nothing of. The thread/claming design doesn't come loose even after repetitive rapid firing. And you'd have to be brain-dead to tighten it insufficiently, because once the clockwise turning comes to an abrupt halt, all that needs to be done is a little extra "ummph" and the threads stay locked until you break the 'seal' (for lack of a better word) Seems that way to me.

Then again, if you are super secret agent guy, you'd only have to use this a couple of times and then you'd get a new gun from M, or Q or whoever it is that comes out with cool guns. You crack you up, dontcha?:p

Nice...

Yeah, thanks. That was my tool to shut the screaming weenies ('experts'/'critics') up, if only for a while before it was feeding time at mommy's teet again.:p

JeffM
05-28-2011, 12:23 AM
http://www.grimreapers.com/images/product/large/82210_1_.jpg

ironcross
05-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Yeah that's a mid 90's Chevy Malibu.

But your swirls look sooooo feminine. :D

supersonic
05-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Yeah that's a mid 90's Chevy Malibu.

WRONG! It happens to be a 2004 Classic. No Cigar.:(

But your swirls look sooooo feminine. :D

Thank you for the compliment. Your frequent use of the word "Yummy" and the fact that you openly refer to yourself as a "BF FanBoy" are pretty gay as well.:p

Inquirer
05-28-2011, 2:32 AM
I think this whole thread is pretty much the definition of flamebait. Keeping an unassembled rifle in your trunk makes less sense than keeping an assembled, unloaded rifle in your trunk. Brandishing it in public, regardless of whether or not the barrel's a dummy barrel or your neighbors know you're into guns is stupid as ****. It may be a cool idea - I'm not saying it's not - but the presentation was just silly.

Basically, the bottom line is that haters are gonna hate. I will say that in this case, I am a hater.

--Inq

MrPlink
05-28-2011, 4:12 AM

LOL

supersonic
05-28-2011, 5:27 AM

:p LOL

tomd1584
05-28-2011, 9:40 AM
A rifle that's kept in a briefcase waiting for some craziness definitely doesn't deserve some TrueGlo red dot....:p

Get an Aimpoint on that thing! Or atleast some iron sights when the TruGlo fails...

evidens83
05-28-2011, 10:14 AM
LMAO at your red dot of choice...

supersonic
05-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Get an Aimpoint on that thing! Or atleast some iron sights when the TruGlo fails...

Get a pair of glasses: there is no provision for a front BUIS. Your lack of attention is an EPIC FAIL.:p

LMAO at your red dot of choice...

LMAO ....it's called temporary budget allowances, but that was obviously beyond your intelligence.:p

Lagduf
05-28-2011, 11:36 AM
I think the takedown idea is a neat concept - it appears more suitable to carrying the weapon on your person than leaving it in a locked trunk.

Have you shot the weapon? I'm curious what kind of accuracy you're getting and if you've noticed that you're having to re-tighten the free float tube while you shoot.

Definitely upgrade to a better optic when your budget allows it. Nice big boy toy though, I like it.

MrPlink
05-28-2011, 2:29 PM
Get a pair of glasses: there is no provision for a front BUIS. Your lack of attention is an EPIC FAIL.:p

LMAO ....it's called temporary budget allowances, but that was obviously beyond your intelligence.:p

your 30 dollar walmart optic is the real epic fail here buddy! :D

Gryff
05-28-2011, 3:21 PM
After 20 seconds, hasn't the dirtbag been stabbing you repeatedly in the neck for the past 18-1/2 seconds? Tueller wouldn't approve.

Flouncer
05-28-2011, 3:59 PM
Stay off My Lawn :eek:

supersonic
05-28-2011, 4:45 PM
your 30 dollar walmart optic is the real epic fail here buddy! :D

It's a RED DOT on a cheap/hobby TRUNK PLINKER!!! And it comes with a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Get TF OVER yourself!! I guarantee you have Z-E-R-O personal experience with this unit (as is always the case when some monkey goes out of their way to bash a product = a CGN popular practice:p)....I wanted a cheap red dot with a good track record, and I got it (for the time being). Again, wise up, "buddy," and before you go spouting of on something you know nothing of, try taking a look at what the end-users have to say about it:"

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=385470

P.S. Nice try, "Mr. Plink" on your description as "Walmart $30 optic." .....Just goes to show that you really didn't know a damn thing about what you were trying to bash...It's kinda ironic that I have all the angry trolls to thank for this thread being so friggin' popular!:troll::party: Thanks, monkeys!!!

supersonic
05-28-2011, 4:52 PM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0655.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/DSCN0657.jpg

On a much more important note, I have put right around 4000 rounds through this beauty (about 1/2 full-power handloads, the rest being M-193 & M-855) without any loss of accuracy/POI, and the float tube only comes loose when you crack it for takedown. This awesome unit works above & beyond what the manufacturer says it does. (if you notice, in the TAC-2 Discreet link I included earlier, the guy was shooting F/A with his....I'm sure this would withstand as much of that as one could dish out!.:thumbsup:)

LBDamned
05-28-2011, 5:27 PM

I like it! But I wish I hadn't opened this thread - I've been researching a budget-minded AR as my next toy and now after seeing this, hmm... I hope my sense overrules my desire - its a cool setup!

Too bad the thread gets muddled with so much off topic stuff :rolleyes:

supersonic
05-28-2011, 7:46 PM
I like it! But I wish I hadn't opened this thread - I've been researching a budget-minded AR as my next toy and now after seeing this, hmm... I hope my sense overrules my desire - its a cool setup!

Too bad the thread gets muddled with so much off topic stuff :rolleyes:

I know, and I apologize for their ignorance. I simply put up a few pictures of a really cool option for a covert-style weapon, and all the armchair quarterbacks and keyboard lawyers come out of the toilet: "It's not as fast as an MSAR" "Hey! Wipe it, you are BRANDISHING!!" "Yeah, what HE said!" "It won't hold accuracy" "The Red Dot is a cheap POS" "You look foolish" "EEww...I'm gonna post a picture of a pair of clownshoes to show how funny I am at making fun of this thread (even though I'm a microscopic BALL)" (and my favorite) "You weren't SLICK, you were LUCKY....WISE UP"....etc...etc.... -A bunch of angry douchebags turned a cool thread into a whining-fest. And that's too bad. At least those with common sense and 1/2 a brain 'got it.':rolleyes:

rattlesnake_nm
05-28-2011, 7:55 PM
Nice set up, and wicked tattoo. Most folks don't understand how difficult it is to draw that type of wave much less tattoo it. I'd be interested in seeing the art work on Your arm. It looks like quality tattoo work from the small glimpse in the photo.

supersonic
05-30-2011, 2:34 PM
Nice set up, and wicked tattoo. Most folks don't understand how difficult it is to draw that type of wave much less tattoo it. I'd be interested in seeing the art work on Your arm. It looks like quality tattoo work from the small glimpse in the photo.

LOL....Actually, it's pretty old (got it in the early '90's) but it still looks pretty good. The last artist that worked on it did about the most amazing cover-up job I have ever seen in my life. Pure genius (kind of like the inventor of the TAC-2 briefcase M4 system!:p):thumbsup:

STAGE 2
05-30-2011, 5:01 PM
First, your driveway IS public space unless it is behind a locked gate. See "People v. Overturf"

Not necessarily. Overturf involved an apartment complex, which is different than a traditional home. That and its likely that Heller has altered the reasoning of this decision.

KWB977
05-30-2011, 5:37 PM
nice malibu

MrOrange
05-30-2011, 6:29 PM
Too cool, thanks for the informative post. And there I thought I had settled on an AR pistol for my 3/4 life crisis purchase. I think the word da hatas are missing is "discretion". Where I live, you don't want your neighbors seeing you carrying guns to and fro, since they're likely to ransack your place while you're fro if they think there's anything valuable in there, let alone guns. (Leaving out the driveway flash, of course.:cool2:)

I think this would be a great item to have next to your desk after you get the BOLO memo about the disgruntled former employee. Mebbe issue one to all middle managers. And we're moving...

With your experience, I'm guessing you got the kit and installed it on your upper? Where would you put the level of difficulty on that?

I know which end of a screwdriver to hammer on, have rebuilt motors and what-not, but have never had a barrel off an upper.

Checked out the Dry-Fire site, and unless I'm reading it wrong it looks like they're selling the complete take-down upper with fitted briefcase for $750. Seeing all the fancy-schmancy uppers out there that go for that much, it doesn't seem too expensive at all. For that matter, the $1,175 for a complete briefcase YHM rifle, with a trigger job, almost seems like a steal.
(It'd have to be Californicated, of course.)

The Virus
05-30-2011, 7:01 PM
why..........

Desert_Rat
05-30-2011, 7:09 PM
These are cool setups.
I'd have one if I had all of the other guns I want. When I reach that point, I will have one. My buddy has one, he even sells them. You guys know him as tenpercentfirearms. If I had one I wouldn't leave home with out it. For now I'll just have to rock the fully assembled unloaded rifle sitting behind the seat.

Rock on supersonic, don't let these guys bother you none.:punk::punk:

supersonic
05-31-2011, 10:32 AM
4Rock on supersonic, don't let these guys bother you none.:punk::punk:

Oh, I don't even trip on all that nonsense. They only make themselves look like douchey jealous morons, so it's no skin off my back. Actually, it's quite amusing when some of these characters actually pontificate about what I'm thinking & what my 'intentions' are. And how they conveniently turned me holding a gun pointed up above a row of houses into "Pointing a gun at a neighbor's window" and ""WAVING" a gun around. :rolleyes: Now THAT takes a staggering amount of retardation to attempt to put that one over on the 99% of us CGN'ers here that are intelligent. Nothing short of laughable, if you ask me.:p