PDA

View Full Version : Riverside Knife question

Tank.45
05-25-2011, 5:56 PM
I went to a knife store the other day and the salesperson said there was no restriction on the length of a foldable blade that is not concealed. I was under the impression that I, a non LEO law abiding citizen, could not carry any blade over 3.25inches. Just looking for some clarification on the length of a nonconcealed foldable knife.

Thanks!

RollingCode3
05-25-2011, 6:09 PM
The sale person is correct... unless you live in LA county....

KandyRedCoi
05-25-2011, 6:36 PM
yea, so i can technically walk around with an open carried machete on my hip and its perfectly legal?

Cokebottle
05-25-2011, 6:39 PM
yea, so i can technically walk around with an open carried machete on my hip and its perfectly legal?
Not smart, but legal.

You will attract unwanted attention.

tony270
05-25-2011, 6:44 PM
I think he meant to say that you can carry any length fix blade --ready stabbing implement--that is not concealed.

You can carry any size folding knife --jack knife--in you pocket or concealed on your person except LA. Yeap, LA is not friendly to knifes, but you can drive through, just don't stop.

Check out this knife info site, it even discusses the Kershaw.

http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/knifelaw.html

I went to a knife store the other day and the salesperson said there was no restriction on the length of a foldable blade that is not concealed. I was under the impression that I, a non LEO law abiding citizen, could not carry any blade over 3.25inches. Just looking for some clarification on the length of a nonconcealed foldable knife.

Thanks!

KandyRedCoi
05-25-2011, 6:54 PM
Not smart, but legal.

You will attract unwanted attention.

yea true that was an exaggeration, but now i get it LOL thanks

Tank.45
05-26-2011, 12:24 PM
well i learn something new everyday. Thanks!