PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Shooting range that allows 5.56

Bigbird19
05-25-2011, 12:16 PM
I am located in the Pomona/Walnut area and am looking for an indoor range nearby that will allow centerfire rifles. Don't always have the time or the will to go to an outdoor range so stopping by an indoor(Even if only 50 yards) would be nice. Any ideas?

Randee
05-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Im in the same area and have not found any place like that near here.

Now SD, thats a different story.

rareair
05-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Isn't there an indoor range that allows 5.56 in the Brea area?

05-25-2011, 1:55 PM
There is Evan's in Orange. Went there last night for the first time. Very friendly staff. The 25 yard range for centerfire rifles is available a few times per month. You should call for more details.
Here is a link to their website http://www.egsw.com

Forewarned
05-25-2011, 2:55 PM
I bet most indoor ranges would let you shoot 5.56 with frangible ammo.

mskochinski
05-25-2011, 3:31 PM
You could go to On Target, they allow my AR and AK's in there. But you have to get a rifle card from them for $20. Basically they make sure you not a complete idiot, which makes me wonder how some of the idiots I have seen in there got their card in the first place?

Anywise, nice guys at On Target and I'm in there all the time.

Arnelcheeze
05-25-2011, 3:40 PM
Iron sights in oceanside, bit of a drive, but great range and staff.
http://www.iron-sights.com/

Arnelcheeze
05-25-2011, 3:42 PM
There is Evan's in Orange. Went there last night for the first time. Very friendly staff. The 25 yard range for centerfire rifles is available a few times per month. You should call for more details.

you have to clear your rifles with them 1st, so i assume they don't allow all...
last line of the range page...
"Shotguns and some rifle calibers may be handled on the Tactical Range with approval. Consult with the range masters prior to coming down to our range."

euhysh
05-25-2011, 4:33 PM
Also, if you look at their gunsmithing section, they refuse to work on communist weapons, so I guess AK's and SKS are the ones not allowed on the range.

Does anyone know how long the rifle class is for Ontarget shooting? What does it actually consist of?

Salty
05-25-2011, 4:39 PM
Also, if you look at their gunsmithing section, they refuse to work on communist weapons...

WOW! :rolleyes:
I feel bad for you guys in SoCal, from what I've heard on here and seen when I've visited a lot of your ranges have really weird rules and overbearing staff. :(

Zzzake
05-25-2011, 4:42 PM
Roughly 30-40 minutes. its mostly going over the safety rules and insurance liability issues. toward the end, you have to shoot 3 round at 15-20 yard and have some sort of group(5 inch i think). Impossible to fail kinda test.

Also the 20 dollat fee includes a one time free range time card.

Also, if you look at their gunsmithing section, they refuse to work on communist weapons, so I guess AK's and SKS are the ones not allowed on the range.

Does anyone know how long the rifle class is for Ontarget shooting? What does it actually consist of?

Steve1968LS2
05-25-2011, 4:43 PM

I missed going there last night.. :(

Anyways, nice range but they only do rifle calibers a few times a month..

BUT, great place to do FTF transfers and they have a great gunsmith.. and they are nice.

http://www.egsw.com/range.htm

Steve1968LS2
05-25-2011, 4:45 PM

Well, they are pretty patriotic.. :)

05-25-2011, 9:35 PM

When I called I was told Evans allows everything short of 50 BMG. I shot my AR there last night. The guy three lanes down from me was shooting an AK and the guy next to me was shooting an AR as well.

Four targets, a set of soft plugs, and range time from 6:30 to 9:30 cost me $28.00. Not a bad deal. I might go back on the next "rifle night" on the 31st.

drifter001
05-25-2011, 9:39 PM
outdoor ranges are soooo much funner. im in the sfv area so i have angeles ranges nearby. it would be cool if there was an indor that allowed 223/556 around. well as far as i know there arent any in my area area

andyfd
05-25-2011, 11:26 PM
When I called I was told Evans allows everything short of 50 BMG. I shot my AR there last night. The guy three lanes down from me was shooting an AK and the guy next to me was shooting an AR as well.

Four targets, a set of soft plugs, and range time from 6:30 to 9:30 cost me $28.00. Not a bad deal. I might go back on the next "rifle night" on the 31st.

Were you allowed to use your own bullets?

thanks!

05-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Were you allowed to use your own bullets?

thanks!

Yes. I had an ammo can full of cheap PMC bronze. In fact, come to think of it, no one even checked my ammo - although common sense would dictate not to bring any steel core to an indoor range.

ir0nclash86
05-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Wow evans mustve changed their rules recently on ammo then. They wouldnt let me shoot 30 carbine or even 7.62x25 tok the last time i was there.

American Insurgent
05-26-2011, 12:29 AM
I've been to Evans it's alright. I've also heard of "rifle night" but have never attended. Is this tactical range a whole other area? I'm stoked to check it out!