PDA

View Full Version : What kind of AK ????<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Shepherds_Hook_47
05-25-2011, 7:01 AM
Hey guys I was just wondering what kind of AKs you all had?

Would like to know what the most popular ones are in CA?

And how many rounds have you put through it without cleaning ?

Thanks

:):D:D:D:D

strangerdude
05-25-2011, 7:04 AM
Search the AK-47 gallery in the rifle section and you shall see. A lot if people here buil theirs.

ZX-10R
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I have owned 3 WASRs and 1 PSL. I stil own 2 WASRs and 1 PSL.

Loaded question...Which would most CAs want to own is more like it. WASRs, Yugos, etc. Saiga is converted so I will not count if you are talking about out of the box. I personally would want a Yugo if I can find one I can grope and check out.

600+ rounds without cleaning. I clean every 2-3 range visits.

Thanks

kind of AKs you all had?
I have owned 3 WASRs and 1 PSL. I stil own 2 WASRs and 1 PSL.

Loaded question...Which would most CAs want to own is more like it. WASRs, Yugos, etc. Saiga is converted so I will not count if you are talking about out of the box. I personally would want a Yugo if I can find one I can grope and check out.

600+ rounds without cleaning. I clean every 2-3 range visits.

Thanks

pyro3k2
05-25-2011, 11:58 AM
1 WASR
2 Saigas
1 PSL
1 Saiga 12

I shoot corrosive ammo so they all get cleaned after each trip, however the saiga 12 never gets cleaned.

tujungatoes
05-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering what kind of AKs you all had?let's just say "a few". At the end of the day they're all pretty much the same anyway.

Would like to know what the most popular ones are in CA?most popular purchased would probably be the WASR. Most built would be the Romanian G

And how many rounds have you put through it without cleaning ? maybe 300-400. I try to clean my guns. So should you. Remember just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Thanks

I build my own

luckystrike
05-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Arsenal SGL. I get it clean enough to eat off of. Just because it CAN run super dirty dosent mean you shouldnt clean it.

ghost
05-25-2011, 12:55 PM
draco sbr,norinco milled mak90,and arsenal slr106ur krink sbr.;)

Jlonigro
05-25-2011, 6:13 PM
put about 1500 rounds so far... No jams... Super accurate out at 100yards and beyond... My fisrt rifle and still my fav... i built an AR and recently sold it to buy another 2 ak47s lol... and as far as cleaning .... Everytime i shoot the gun i clean the gun... that go's with any of my guns... Especially with all the cheap ak ammo, it might say that it is non-corrosive but you should always treat it as though it is!
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l615/socaltactical/IMG_0656.jpg

1forall
05-25-2011, 6:34 PM
I have a WASR and a Draco with about 600 rounds down range between the both of them. I use surplus yugo so I clean them after each use.

858casper858
05-25-2011, 6:51 PM
I've built:
Romy G that doesn't look like a Romy G.
Polish underfolder

I'm building:
AK pistol
PSL carbine
RPK
Bulgarian 74

if I could concentrate on one project at a time I'd be more productive!

blazeaglory
05-25-2011, 7:13 PM

Thanks

:):D:D

SLR95 & MAK90:( both sold a loooong time ago. both very accurate and stable. well, as an AK can be anyways

now, i wouldnt buy the AK **** they have for the price in CA;) maybe only a bulgy74 but everything else is ****!

NorCalK9.com
05-25-2011, 7:51 PM
Blazeaglory your tripping bid. As fpf ak's I have a M63 I just built a Wasr that I kust ran 3000 rounds yes 3000 rounds without cleaning to prove a point to someone and I jist got a RomyG im also biying a bulgy 74 side folder kit in a week I got rid of AR's for AK's and dont regret it one bit! If its your first Wasr's are cheap and that way if you dont like em you can just give it to me lol

blazeaglory
05-25-2011, 7:53 PM
Blazeaglory your tripping bid. As fpf ak's I have a M63 I just built a Wasr that I kust ran 3000 rounds yes 3000 rounds without cleaning to prove a point to someone and I jist got a RomyG im also biying a bulgy 74 side folder kit in a week I got rid of AR's for AK's and dont regret it one bit! If its your first Wasr's are cheap and that way if you dont like em you can just give it to me lol

stock WASR's? no trigger group upgrade?

im just stuck in 1997 man but im willing to shoot anything

NorCalK9.com
05-25-2011, 7:59 PM
stock WASR's? no trigger group upgrade?

im just stuck in 1997 man but im willing to shoot anything

Haha yeah I was only 16 in 97 so guess im just content with what im use to and I have fixed anything on tje wasr yet except fot the wood

blazeaglory
05-25-2011, 8:36 PM
Haha yeah I was only 16 in 97 so guess im just content with what im use to and I have fixed anything on tje wasr yet except fot the wood

i had just turned 18 and bought my first 7.62

LBDamned
05-25-2011, 9:56 PM
Zastava PAP here... luvit!

slomofo
05-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Get what you like. You don't have to burden yourself with a WASR or a Saiga because the bandwagon says so. Go into a store, pick one up, and if you like it buy it, if you hate it get something else.

Shepherds_Hook_47
05-25-2011, 11:05 PM
good to hear!!

Guess there are a lot of builders around CA for good reason.
WASRs seem to be popular... probably more available than others?

Shepherds_Hook_47
05-26-2011, 1:06 AM
no AMD 65s ???

haha :-)

tujungatoes
05-26-2011, 5:56 AM
no AMD 65s ???

haha :-)

I've been to enough build partys to know there are LOTS of AMD's in cali.;)

247Nino
05-26-2011, 6:09 AM
Romy Gs, Romy G Pistols, AMDs, Yugo m70, Bulgarian 74

Haven't shot them all yet, but one of my Romys has 600 rounds through it, not one ftf/fte, I've cleaned it twice.

You can usually tell what AKs are trending by attending a build party. There is a usually a majority kit, where one type will be a common kit among the builders.

Shepherds_Hook_47
05-29-2011, 2:23 AM
I've been to enough build partys to know there are LOTS of AMD's in cali.;)

It was a shameless way to let you see the link in my sig......

I'm ashamed....:iagree:

rattlesnake_nm
05-29-2011, 5:46 AM
I have noticed alot of saigas in Cali.

NorCalK9.com
05-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Reason why I reccomend a wasr is that they are cheap. If you like the Wasr you will love the rest. My first was the Saiga didnt like it sold both of em bought a Wasr loved it bought an m63 kit built it loved it bought a Romy G really cool buying a ak74 side folder kit soon and will most def love that too

thedrickel
05-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I have several thousand thru a few of mine with no cleaning, including one tantal with corrosive that is rusted shut, I just kick it open and slap in a mag when I go to the range. It's a POS with flaking chrome in the bore, I got like $300 into it, so I don't care a whole lot ;) (but it still shoots 3-4moa easy)

joelukehart
05-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Egyptian Maadi 7.62. About 4000 round thru the first barrel (a lot of bump firing). Then had a Bulgarian Krinkov kit done.

JeffM
05-30-2011, 1:07 AM
I have several thousand thru a few of mine with no cleaning, including one tantal with corrosive that is rusted shut, I just kick it open and slap in a mag when I go to the range. It's a POS with flaking chrome in the bore, I got like $300 into it, so I don't care a whole lot ;) (but it still shoots 3-4moa easy)

In the last year I've put 3 spam cans (3,240 rounds) of 5.45 through my Bulgy '74 and I don't know how many rounds Fedup and Jager put through it in the fall. I do know they got it hot enough to scorch the inside of the handguards and melt the bumper of a truck it was leaned against. It's been shot several times in the rain. I didn't clean it from Feb '10 til about a week ago. The gas tube has pitting inside, the muzzle brake was a PITA to remove and the FSB near the muzzle has some rust. The barrel and gas piston look new and the bolt and other internals just have normal wear you'd expect.

eagleAR
05-30-2011, 1:19 AM
Wasr and draco

I just got my wasr 2 months ago put more then 700+ rds thru it of cheap ammo and no jams! havn't cleaned it yet i spent most of the time cleaning my AR, My draco gets out jail tuesday! can't wait.

Ford8N
05-30-2011, 4:06 AM

Very nice :punk:

SJgunguy24
05-30-2011, 4:37 AM

I own a few and no 2 are the same, and I have built too many to count.

Yes! Any and all.

Cleaning.....if running a patch to make sure there's no bore obstructions counts, then I clean everytime. If not I don't really clean unless I know i've been blasting corrosive ammo.

Thanks

It's a tool, do you baby a shovel?