PDA

View Full Version : Finnish M-31 is this Cal legal?

smirnus3000
05-24-2011, 8:09 PM
I'm not sure why but for some reason I think these are badass. No pistol grip, no flash hider, not a collapsable stock. So can I get one, if so is it C&R eligible?
http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/finnish-m31-suomi-9mm-submachine-gun-style%2C-16-25in-backordered-/products_id/3889

tujungatoes
05-24-2011, 8:13 PM
Yes they should be cali legal, but I don't think they'll ship here. You'll need a middleman FFL. Not C&R eligible either as they are built here on new receivers. I've been eyeballing them for a while now. Pistol cal rifles rule.

Pthfndr
05-24-2011, 8:20 PM
Yes they should be cali legal, but I don't think they'll ship here. You'll need a middleman FFL. Not C&R eligible either as they are built here on new receivers. I've been eyeballing them for a while now. Pistol cal rifles rule.

The ad says they are C&R eligible. They might not ship to a CA C&R holder, but I'll bet you could drive there and buy one :)

smirnus3000
05-24-2011, 8:22 PM
The ad says they are C&R eligible. They might not ship to a CA C&R holder, but I'll bet you could drive there and buy one :)

whos up for a road trip once my C&R comes in?

Lucky Scott
05-24-2011, 8:24 PM
What about the hi cap magazines?

chknlyps2
05-24-2011, 8:25 PM
That gun is badass!, not sure about the gun being legal but the magazine is not legal.

smirnus3000
05-24-2011, 8:43 PM
That gun is badass!, not sure about the gun being legal but the magazine is not legal.
What if the mag was brought into cali as a rebuild kit and then made to only accept 10 rounds? Or if say maybe someone had some preban standard capacity mags, could one use these in a rifle like this because it has no "evil" features?

ke6guj
05-24-2011, 9:08 PM

umm, I think you need to re-read the add. It doesn't say that that firearm is C&R.

tujungatoes
05-25-2011, 7:03 AM
Yeah sorry guys, but these are NOT C&R. If you read again you'll see it says "Firearms ONLY ship to an FFL holder (or C&R IF eligible)".

As I said earlier these guns are built here on new receivers. They HAVE TO BE, as the suomi was originally a fully automatic open bolt submachinegun.