PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Button Law

HuyTLe
05-24-2011, 7:55 PM
do you guys think this will get overturned in the near future? i'm thinking about selling my AR15 due to this issue, it just bugs me since I can't use the rifle the way it's designed to be used :(

Crowesnest
05-24-2011, 8:22 PM
Not until we're all:

:wheelchair:

dieselpower
05-24-2011, 8:35 PM
thats silly

evidens83
Sell it then

CHS
Some people just don't pay any attention:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=436300

Army
05-24-2011, 8:45 PM
There is no Bullet Button law. There is a law that allows full features, as long as the magazine cannot be removed without the aid of tools.

The entirety of the "assault weapon" law would have to be nullified in order for that one part of it to no longer matter.

CHS
05-24-2011, 8:48 PM
The entirety of the "assault weapon" law would have to be nullified in order for that one part of it to no longer matter.

Exactly:

MUKAK
05-24-2011, 8:58 PM
sell it to me i need parts

:TFH:

hnoppenberger
05-24-2011, 11:01 PM
hold onto it son, you may need it. ya never know when SHTF and magically your transformed into living in AZ. then you can take your bullet button off and defend yourself, legally.

Capita159
05-24-2011, 11:20 PM
hold onto it son, you may need it. ya never know when SHTF and magically your transformed into living in AZ. then you can take your bullet button off and defend yourself, legally.

That is one reason why the Raddlock AR system is so effective. It's functional when tighten down and functional when loosen, only takes 10 second with a small flat head.

12voltguy
05-25-2011, 12:36 AM

Exactly:

2 times and nobody will respond to this...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him THINK:D

KandyRedCoi
05-25-2011, 12:41 AM
get an AR-15 that shoots .22lr no need for a "tool"

one of the reasons im holding off on building a 5.56 AR

and one of the reasons why im recently addicted to rimfire

thrillhouse700
05-25-2011, 12:41 AM
The BB law is here to stay forever. There is no link to any other thread about anyone fighting it ever. The sad reality is that we will NEVER own a fully featured rifle in CA.

I will give you 350 for your AR.

TheBigness
05-25-2011, 1:31 AM
fake than check rifles than buy luminor vs p shooter

Steve1968LS2
05-25-2011, 8:58 AM
do you guys think this will get overturned in the near future? i'm thinking about selling my AR15 due to this issue, it just bugs me since I can't use the rifle the way it's designed to be used :(

Why the hell would you sell the AR because something MIGHT happen??? That's just handing a big fat victory to the other side, might as well send a donation to Brady! lol

I doubt they will and even if they did it would most likely result in another registration process and our guns would be AW.. which I guess means we could loose the button and shoot pre-ban high caps.

People are working at fixing our failed gun control issues.. just be patient.

And personally the 10rnd deal bugs me more than the button on my AR..

Steve1968LS2
05-25-2011, 9:00 AM
fake than check rifles than buy luminor vs p shooter

Since you posted this at 1:30AM I will just assume you were drunk.. ;)

Paper Boy
05-25-2011, 9:08 AM
The BB law is here to stay forever. There is no link to any other thread about anyone fighting it ever. The sad reality is that we will NEVER own a fully featured rifle in CA.

Dont listen to the lowballer... I will offer to you 375:D

soopafly
05-25-2011, 9:18 AM
do you guys think this will get overturned in the near future?

i'm thinking about selling my AR15 due to this issue, it just bugs me since I can't use the rifle the way it's designed to be used :(
Aww...I would hate a fellow Calgunner to be bothered so much by this issue, therefore, I'll step up to the plate and buy your rifle for $250 to ease your pain.

ap3572001
05-25-2011, 9:58 AM

I would not just go sell the AR, but I know what You mean. I have a pair of Benelli MR1 rifles and a new style mini- 14. Had plenty of magazines for both. I can use them w/o all the resrtrictions. However I am thinking of getting a REALLY nice AR to shoot. Just for fun and target practice. With a BB and 10 round magazine. It will join my bolt action 223's. The MR1's and the Mini are in a different class here in Ca.

tujungatoes
05-25-2011, 12:24 PM

No one here reads...That's very funny:rofl:

HuyTLe
05-25-2011, 12:27 PM
hehe, bunch of funny guys on this site. Thanks for the links, I don't spend a lot of time on here so I'm not up to all the issues

blazeaglory
05-25-2011, 12:37 PM
dude, train yourself to "use the force" with the BB. become "one" with your BB.

or you can cross into OR and fight for CA 2A rights from the other side of the fence, i suggest to learn how to use the BB quickly.

godsakes its not that difficult of a feature

Knife Edge
05-25-2011, 1:04 PM
2 times and nobody will respond to this...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him THINK:D

this is Fing awesome!!

luckystrike
05-25-2011, 2:12 PM

ill sell you mine for $300

CHS
05-25-2011, 2:22 PM
hehe, bunch of funny guys on this site. Thanks for the links, I don't spend a lot of time on here so I'm not up to all the issues

If there is ONE forum that you should read here, it's the 2A forum.

You'll then have the answers to questions like these before you ask them.

stix213
05-25-2011, 3:31 PM
Go featureless if you don't like the BB. The BB is only for people who really want unnecessary features like a pistol grip, collapsible stock, forward vertical grip, etc. If you are after a gun with form more important than function, then the BB is the way to go. If you want function over form, then featureless is the way to go.

CHS
05-25-2011, 5:51 PM
Go featureless if you don't like the BB. The BB is only for people who really want unnecessary features like a pistol grip, collapsible stock, forward vertical grip, etc. If you are after a gun with form more important than function, then the BB is the way to go. If you want function over form, then featureless is the way to go.

I think that's a pretty ignorant statement.

A featureless AR15 for example is an ergonomic nightmare. There's a reason they were designed with a pistol grip to begin with.

Crowesnest
05-25-2011, 6:04 PM
I think that's a pretty ignorant statement.

A featureless AR15 for example is an ergonomic nightmare. There's a reason they were designed with a pistol grip to begin with.

:iagree:

I tried a friend's featureless rifle recently and while I liked the fact that I could freely drop magazines, I could not get used to the missing pistol grip and telescoping stock. It just felt so alien to me. Besides, one gets rather proficient in using a tool to drop their magazines.

r6raff
05-26-2011, 12:17 AM

A featureless AR in my opinion goes against the very nature of the AR platform, its built to be modular, versatile and ergonomically pleasing all of which are nullified by a featureless build. If I wanted to use hi caps and freely drop magazines I would use a weapon platform that was designed to do that while complying with CA laws. Ive used featureless builds... id much rather go to a M1A. Not that I think featureless are useless, just not for me. I just personally think you lose a lot more "function" with featureless than with a BB.

Just my 2 sense

leman77
05-26-2011, 12:30 AM
I'll take it. Lol

winxp_man
05-26-2011, 1:35 AM
Get the Rad buttom installed and go into Nevada and use all the 20-30 round (repair kit) Mags and have some fun with no bullet button at the twist of a tool.

r6raff
05-26-2011, 1:54 AM
Get the Rad buttom installed and go into Nevada and use all the 20-30 round (repair kit) Mags and have some fun with no bullet button at the twist of a tool.

Also put the UBBT on all your mags and your good to go. That or pop a rivet in the tip of a finger (middle is the best) and use that to drop a mag pretty much the same way as you would without a BB. Hi cap mags are the only thing you can't get around with a BB, but I only have a few and i have plenty of other options for HD if I feel I need more than 10 rounds... if I need more than 10 rounds, thats a pretty bad situation lol

tonelar
05-26-2011, 2:03 AM
That is one reason why the Raddlock AR system is so effective. It's functional when tighten down and functional when loosen, only takes 10 second with a small flat head.

Ill stick with the BB. I have no issue with swapping between it and the std release when Im out of state.