PDA

View Full Version : Adcor Defense B.E.A.R.

Asset
05-24-2011, 1:39 AM
Anyone else think this is cool? Personally I think it's the future of the piston, but that's just my humble opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0JGLsicQsk

7.62 Charlie
05-24-2011, 2:15 AM
Wow! that's the coolest thing I've seen in a while.

Us3rName
05-24-2011, 2:27 AM
that's pretty cool design. a lot of new features on the same platform. hmm that does seem to be a much better design for a piston system than others. Similar to the DIGS system imo. The Para TTR has the DIGS system but has many issues with it. This seems like a redesigned and more reliable. I need to do more research on this rifle.

rareair
05-24-2011, 7:35 AM
I've owned my B.E.A.R for a couple months, since late March. I bought it specifically for the side charging feature. other than that, nothing to unique about it. I now have it up 4-sale

osis32
05-24-2011, 7:58 AM
I thought the piston was free float? Is that not different?

bombadillo
05-24-2011, 7:59 AM
That thing is a freaking cool design. If it does what he says it does, and that will be out before too long, we have a great new piston design style. I'm trying to think of the down side of it other than maybe small rod getting too hot and wanting to bind inside from hard use, or of anything small and gritty (sand) gets into the op rod tube, it could be a bad day for a gas piston like that. Really cool design though all in all.

NorCalAthlete
05-24-2011, 2:25 PM
It's out right now for 5.56/.223. I wish they'd come out with the same thing for .308 already.

Scott Connors
05-24-2011, 2:56 PM
that's pretty cool design. a lot of new features on the same platform. hmm that does seem to be a much better design for a piston system than others. Similar to the DIGS system imo. The Para TTR has the DIGS system but has many issues with it. This seems like a redesigned and more reliable. I need to do more research on this rifle.

I really like how they made the gas block independent of the barrel. If they went with a monolithic upper like LMT, but with a faster means of changing barrels that didn't require tools, this could be a Poor Man's SAW.

bombadillo
05-24-2011, 3:14 PM
I really like how they made the gas block independent of the barrel. If they went with a monolithic upper like LMT, but with a faster means of changing barrels that didn't require tools, this could be a Poor Man's SAW.

Good point, you could run a 14.5 BBL and change it out from a lightweight carbine style to a 24" Bull Barrel although I'm not sure what kind of timing issues one would run into doing this.