PDA

View Full Version : FAL in SouthCal?

Madrich
12-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Where can I buy FAL stripped receiver in South Cal?
I'm also interested in a trade for a stripped Mega receiver and AR parts. Sorry, I could not post a "WTT" in the sales forum becuase I have less than 25 posts.

fal_762x51
12-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Might as well ask, "Where can I buy a FAL receiver in this country!?"

Entreprise is coming out with a batch of type 3s in Jan.2007. ORF receivers I don't think shipped yet and they are missing the ejector blocks. Nodak is filling back orders. Century is making another bacth, should be done by the end of Dec. 2006. Imbels are going for $400 now. DSA is an arm and a leg.

Best bet now, unless you want to wait is a private party transfer.

Michael303
12-08-2006, 4:09 AM
I picked up a DSA FAL receiver, and Metroshot did the transfer. Re-parkerd parts kit through Gun Parts Guy, and now it's off to be assembled. Cost an arm and a leg (400 for the receiver alone), but I guess thatís the price you pay when you want a FAL.

Cobrarlc
12-08-2006, 4:25 AM
Call Ammobros I have asked them to carry the DSA Fal Receivers. If there was more interest they may begin to sell them.

rorschach
12-08-2006, 11:28 AM
+1 for DSA, I just bought one from CWS for 400 at the Costa Mesa show 2 weekends ago.

I got the same response from Entreprise, Jan for type 3 receivers, Feb for complete Imbel rifles built on said receivers. After which they will whip up a batch of type one receivers again.

Try the marketplace on falfiles.com Often there are guys selling receivers, but guys jump on them quick.

Socal858
12-08-2006, 11:36 AM
I picked up a DSA FAL receiver, and Metroshot did the transfer. Re-parkerd parts kit through Gun Parts Guy, and now it's off to be assembled. Cost an arm and a leg (400 for the receiver alone), but I guess thatís the price you pay when you want a FAL.

whos doin your assembly?

Madrich
12-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the replies. Cash is low because of Xmas but if anyone is interested in a trade for 1 new Global Tac (made by Stag) lower receiver, 1 new LMT buttstock kit (includes buffer tube, buffer, spring and nut) and 1 new Ergogrip or just 1 slightly used (less than 200rds) LMT 16" upper receiver assembly with flash suppressor (no BCG or CH included), let me know.
I'm only interested in DSA or Imbel receivers. We can also work something out with the parts I listed.

JPglee1
12-08-2006, 11:55 AM
No wonder the guy that got my FAL was so quick to give up a new LAR15 for it..

I had no idea they were worth so much now :( I coulda parted it out for a lot more than my AR is worth... Oh well, live and learn.

And I gave the dude 2 extra lowers too *DOH*

JP

Michael303
12-08-2006, 12:06 PM
whos doin your assembly?

I sent it off to CGW in Nevada late last week. They do assembly and have the fixed mag catch. The rep says it takes about a month to complete.

JPglee1
12-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I sent it off to CGW in Nevada late last week. They do assembly and have the fixed mag catch. The rep says it takes about a month to complete.
Rich/CGW build awesome FALs.

RSSSLVR has a CGW FAL and its absolutely beautiful, has Penguin US furniture and is 100% reliable in operation.

Can't go wrong with CGW.

WE WILL also have FAL mag locks, AK mag locks and HK mag locks shortly, as soon as we catch up on capacity-limited magazine orders. Expect to see our additional products in the middle of January. We're working on getting a lathe/mill to really knock your socks off with cool parts for the CALIFORNIA market!!!

J

cornholio1
12-08-2006, 1:07 PM
Where can I buy FAL stripped receiver in South Cal?
I'm also interested in a trade for a stripped Mega receiver and AR parts. Sorry, I could not post a "WTT" in the sales forum becuase I have less than 25 posts.

Well, if you gonna trade for a DSA or Imbel receiver, you might want to offer more stuff for the trade. DSA's is top notch quality and expensive but proven. Retail I believe is over $400 just for a stripped receiver.

-hanko
12-08-2006, 2:13 PM
Check Court in FL on the marketplace on the fal files. I purchased 2 century receivers and a dsa from him within the last month. great guy to business with. no affiliation, etc.

-hanko

nearsightednate
12-08-2006, 3:46 PM
I second Court in Florida. I just ordered a second DSA receiver from him.

Good guy.

Nate

SemiAutoSam
12-08-2006, 6:40 PM
Here is some interesting information on the FAL Info for both inch and metric pattern rifles.

http://www.rawles.to/FAL_FAQ.html

Madrich
12-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Well, if you gonna trade for a DSA or Imbel receiver, you might want to offer more stuff for the trade. DSA's is top notch quality and expensive but proven. Retail I believe is over $400 just for a stripped receiver.
The LMT 16" upper assembly w/o BCG & CH was more than $400, and it only has 200rds thru the barrel or I can trade for a stripped Global Tac receiver and other AR parts that are new (never put together).
I'll have to get with Court at FAL Files next year when the holidays are over...

cornholio1
12-09-2006, 4:17 AM
The LMT 16" upper assembly w/o BCG & CH was more than $400, and it only has 200rds thru the barrel or I can trade for a stripped Global Tac receiver and other AR parts that are new (never put together).
I'll have to get with Court at FAL Files next year when the holidays are over...

Your OP didn't specify a complete upper with the trade. BY "AR parts" I was assuming odd and ends.

Madrich
12-09-2006, 9:21 AM
Thanks for the replies. Cash is low because of Xmas but if anyone is interested in a trade for 1 new Global Tac (made by Stag) lower receiver, 1 new LMT buttstock kit (includes buffer tube, buffer, spring and nut) and 1 new Ergogrip or just 1 slightly used (less than 200rds) LMT 16" upper receiver assembly with flash suppressor (no BCG or CH included), let me know.
I'm only interested in DSA or Imbel receivers. We can also work something out with the parts I listed.
This was my second post to this thread, if anyone missed it.
I'm just looking for an honest trade, to get into the FAL scene. I have one AR built and a handfull of AR receivers but no FALs.

fal_762x51
12-09-2006, 12:10 PM
You built A n' R before first a FAL, you bring shame young grasshopper.

Joking aside, I'm glad to hear and see people finally getting into the FAL community. Go forth a FALIFY becuase you thought the mouse gun was addicting, you're in for a wallet hurting. "I only need 4, I only need 10. Wait! There are 90 countries that used/use these, I need every varient."

SemiAutoSam
12-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I would be happy with one each of the belgian FN FAL'S

Who will be the first to show where and when FN first started using the model number's 50.00, 50.41, 50.63, 50.63 ect to describe their rifles ?

YES this is a test.

You built A n' R before first a FAL, you bring shame young grasshopper.

Joking aside, I'm glad to hear and see people finally getting into the FAL community. Go forth a FALIFY becuase you thought the mouse gun was addicting, you're in for a wallet hurting. "I only need 4, I only need 10. Wait! There are 90 countries that used/use these, I need every varient."

RobT2K
12-09-2006, 1:47 PM
So what is everyone gonna be shooting out of all these FALs they're after?
Surplus .308 is very scarce/expensive now.

SemiAutoSam
12-09-2006, 4:43 PM
Does this mean that your not one of us that has a shipping container full of ammo ?

Guess there should be a poll on preparedness.

Or who's house you go to when your out of ammo in a SHTF situation.

fal_762x51
12-09-2006, 5:26 PM
Yes, I have no ammo..... don't come here.

I only shoot reloads; the surplus stuff just sits in the closet, waiting like Chuck Norris.

SemiAutoSam
12-09-2006, 5:47 PM
You have chuck Norris in the closet ?

Will he ever come out of the closet ?

What does this ^^^^ sound like.

Yes, I have no ammo..... don't come here.

I only shoot reloads; the surplus stuff just sits in the closet, waiting like Chuck Norris.

Madrich
12-09-2006, 7:19 PM
If I would have known about building FALs instead of ARs I would have just had FALs. Now my wife won't let go of the AR
that I built. At least the ammo is cheap...

Madrich
12-10-2006, 10:06 AM
I second Court in Florida. I just ordered a second DSA receiver from him.

Good guy.

Nate
Nate,
PM sent.
Rich.

fal_762x51
12-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Sam,

It either sounds like the ARFcom Norris talk or Chuck will make a kick @s$ gay guy.

NSR500
12-10-2006, 1:00 PM
Join Falfiles and check out the marketplace or the DSA forum. The support there has gotten better and there is someone monitoring and updating us with availability. Court in FL is also very active in the marketplace forum and is always posting up availability.

NSR500
12-13-2006, 9:44 AM
Just FYI... Court says he has Type II's in Stock.
If you don't want to buy from Court you can probably call DSA, since it sounds like they are shipping. If DSA has them, line up an FFL and place your order direct as you may get a better price.

Madrich
12-13-2006, 9:48 AM
Just FYI... Court says he has Type II's in Stock.
If you don't want to buy from Court you can probably call DSA, since it sounds like they are shipping. If DSA has them, line up an FFL and place your order direct as you may get a better price.
Thanks for the info. I'm saving my pennies.