PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on at spikes tactical?

Vinrx7
05-23-2011, 10:56 PM
WTF is the hold up? This sh&t is getting out of hand and I'm almost to the point of asking for my money back and going with a different brand.

Veggie
05-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Explain your problem better.

Colt-45
05-23-2011, 11:01 PM
How long have you been waiting for?

Sacramento Black Rifle
05-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Great product, great prices. What are you purchasing?

wizdumb
05-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Last I heard, Spikes and a number of other manufactures are having issues because of all the storms in the US. There was another thread about this, either on this forum or on Sniper's Hide, can't remember.

Maybe just give them a call and see if there's a problem.

Rebellious
05-23-2011, 11:11 PM
WTF is the hold up? This sh&t is getting out of hand and I'm almost to the point of asking for my money back and going with a different brand.

Seems like your at that point already, I'd just get your refund. You should explain the problem....waiting for what? Complete rifle? Parts? What's the scoop? More details will produce better answers.

Scutler
05-23-2011, 11:15 PM
It is well known that they have been backlogged for over half a year with orders. It toook me 7 weeks to get my complete lower. Great products and price points but that comes at a cost. Everyone wants their products unlike some other manufactures. So the fact of the matter is that you will have to wait and reap the benefits. Good things take time and all your gripes will be absolved if you can just chill awhile longer while they get to your order :).

winxp_man
05-24-2011, 12:16 AM
I smell a troll !!! :D

762.DEFENSE
05-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Basic Supply vs. Demand. Great company, quality products and great customer service...worth the money and the wait.

Vinrx7
05-24-2011, 5:56 AM
I've been waiting for my kid length ar for coming on 3 months now. Every time I check
It's "two weeks", "two weeks". I feel like bill murray in groundhog day. I'm wondering if it's a lost cause and maybe I should go with another manufacturer. Is this normal? Doesn't seem right.

Vinrx7
05-24-2011, 6:03 AM
Basic Supply vs. Demand. Great company, quality products and great customer service...worth the money and the wait.

Sorry but your wrong there. Great companies supply product with on time delivery. That would be part of what makes them great. There are other things involved besides just the product itself.

feeesh
05-24-2011, 6:15 AM
Are their lowers still made by JD machine tech?

Outta Control
05-24-2011, 6:20 AM
Maybe the rapture has taken their souls already or the zombies got to them and thus production halted. :43: :leaving:

tenpercentfirearms
05-24-2011, 7:11 AM
All the good AR15 manufacturers take time. LMT has always been a long wait. Always. RRA has long wait times. And now Spike's Tactical. Hoenstly, it is a sign they have made it.

For those of you who want it now, try and find it from a retail outfit that carries Spike's or just get your money back and go buy a lessor product. You will eventually realize that in the AR15 business, quality comes at a price. That price is usually time and money.

It is what it is.

Hoop
05-24-2011, 7:47 AM
Just buy an in-stock upper someplace else. Rainier, Bravocompany, lots of places with parts for sale.

dieselpower
05-24-2011, 8:34 AM
Sabre Defense, the Storms, the exposure from this website [and AR15.com, and M4C.net..and other AR15 friendly firearm websites] has all taken its toll on the little shop.

I think Spikes is a great company. I worry that they bit off more than they can chew and promise things they can't do. Some of the prices and time tables I see on their website and NOT possible for a small shop...which means a large shop must take up the slack...which means the roll mark is sub-leased to another manufacturer...which one is a guess. We all hope its a good one.

Lets toss Riflegear into this mix. We all know for a fact Riflegear is top shelf stuff. We know they are great guys and have a great product and get their parts from a great source.

Lets say the entire AR15 community wants a Riflegear roll mark..they get 1000s of sales a day..in a week they have orders totaling 15,000 units some for 10-20 rifles for gun shops around the country. How long will it take Riflegear to produce 15,000 AR15s? Now add in major storm systems slowing delivery of those parts Riflegear uses to make their fine product...then the unthinkable..Daniel Defense closes its doors. RG is on the hook for major product, he has grown from that little shop in Tustin to a 10,000SQFT facility in Burbank, but has no contract to get parts to make his fine product....and next week brings another 15,000 orders....

All I am saying is give Spikes time to recover. If you think you have and want to pull out...do it. Just don't blame him for things he can't control. There is no reason to come here and complain. He is doing what it takes to make it in a flooded market.

People were upset with Spikes after the BHO election. He canceled all orders, then upped his prices by like 25% He was making sure if BHO implemented a AWB, that it would not bankrupt him. People saw it as price gouging..it was CYA. His prices came back down when things relaxed.

Ding126
05-24-2011, 8:44 AM
I don't know what all the complaining is about........lol I have been waiting for 2 uppers from RRA....June will be 14 months. I'm passed being P.O. and now find it funny & sad.

I know of 2 people who will no longer buy RRA rifles...but I will wait this one out..I'm hoping to set a record for the longest waiting period in the gun industry.
( .40 cal upper ) They say they are waiting on magazines..but thats been the story for atleast the last 10 months

dieselpower
05-24-2011, 8:55 AM
I don't know what all the complaining is about........lol I have been waiting for 2 uppers from RRA....June will be 14 months. I'm passed being P.O. and now find it funny & sad.

I know of 2 people who will no longer buy RRA rifles...but I will wait this one out..I'm hoping to set a record for the longest waiting period in the gun industry.
( .40 cal upper ) They say they are waiting on magazines..but thats been the story for atleast the last 10 months

and I bet when you ordered the uppers were shown as "in stock".

I do not order off the Internet anymore... I drive to a local store and pay the 10% mark-up and support a local guy. I warn people I help about that and so far no one has been burned ignoring me...which is a good for them. Midway USA has a great "in stock" / "Back order" system. Its a per-order electronic inventory control. Its nearly real time.

X-NewYawker
05-24-2011, 8:57 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/Rifles/_MG_4590.jpg

evidens83
05-24-2011, 11:22 AM
OP cancel your order and just order one from Del Ton or BCM. They always have their uppers in stock ready to ship :D;)

But honestly though, I would wait. Spikes is a good company with good products.

vintagearms
05-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Sorry but your wrong there. Great companies supply product with on time delivery. That would be part of what makes them great. There are other things involved besides just the product itself.

BS. Many times there are mass demand issues that supply cant meet. Try to get a BCM MP BCG or a BCM 14.5 LW barrel? Great companies do what they can but sometimes you have to wait.

AlliedArmory
05-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Iv'e had a bunch of uppers on backorder for some time now. Demand picked up a few months back and many major manufacturers are backordered now.

Same with my Rock River order. Hopefully soon :)

Outta Control
05-24-2011, 11:40 AM
OP: Just get a MEGA Arms and be more than happy with it. :43:

r6raff
05-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I know they have been backlogged for a long long time. I see lowers quite often but uppers seem rare. Did they also use Sabre Defense barrels like BCM did? I know BCM was out of stock for a bit because of that.

If your heart isn't set on spikes I would cancel and just get a stag, bcm... whatever is available. Lots of other good stuff you can get in a few days.

Either way, that sucks man, I know a few years back it was this difficult with just about every manufacturer. Now it seems like we can almost get anything we want shipped to us in a few days... funny how things have changed.

mike_the_wino
05-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Spike's has been getting a lot of business. Shoot they were getting busy back in November 2010. I waited and I am glad I did. BTW, it's not just Spike's. I have an upper on order for over a month now and no word when it is shipping. But it's what I want and I am willing to wait for what I want.

If you can't wait, cancel your order and go somewhere else.

vf111
05-24-2011, 2:37 PM
It sounds like the OP was charged for his upper with no assurances when / if it will be sent. Some other posters used RRA as an example of waiting - I don't mind waiting (and have) as long as I don't get charged for the item until it ships. I don't care how great a shop is, that's just good business.

BTW, I love Spike's products (have an all-Spikes M-4gery & a Spikes 22lr upper) but I don't think their stuff is so much better than Stag or some other mid range manu to put up with the above.

Colt-45
05-24-2011, 2:50 PM
I've been waiting for my kid length ar for coming on 3 months now. Every time I check
It's "two weeks", "two weeks". I feel like bill murray in groundhog day. I'm wondering if it's a lost cause and maybe I should go with another manufacturer. Is this normal? Doesn't seem right.

:twoweeks:

If you're pissed off at Spikes there are better manufacturers out there for you to choose from.

missiontrails
05-24-2011, 3:00 PM
Are their lowers still made by JD machine tech?

No, Aero Precision.

missiontrails
05-24-2011, 3:06 PM
I will never order direct from a manufacturer................their websites NEVER give you a real-time stock availability display...................I have learned my lesson with that. I order from vendors who actually SHOW the quantity in stock.. For example....Ten Percent Firearms commented in this thread...... I just bought a 20" lightweight CMMG upper from them, and at 1:00am the morning that I ordered it, their site showed "1 in stock".....I bought it, and within minutes, the website changed to "Out of Stock" for that upper. THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE!!!

Vinrx7
05-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Well, I canceled the spikes and picked up a Noveske. Started my 10 day :)

Heiko
05-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Well, I canceled the spikes and picked up a Noveske. Started my 10 day :)

Well there you go. It probably cost you a bunch more but you'll love it. I'm very happy with my Spike's lower. The fit and finish are excellent. I ordered mine a couple of years ago and they got it out quickly but times have changed.

FWIW, I recently ordered a complete upper from LaRue Tactical and got it in a week. That is a great shop to deal with too. :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd280/PNG_x5world/LaRue%20SPR/SPR-10.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd280/PNG_x5world/LaRue%20SPR/SPR-6.jpg

jdouglas
05-28-2011, 11:18 AM
If they are that bogged down with orders they simply need to raise their prices a little. Yes they will lose a few customers, but as long as their machines are still working at 100% capacity and they are selling them out just as fast they will still benefit.

While giving customers a good deal is fine, I just don't understand why they are keeping prices so low AND keeping a backlog of orders...

NorCalAthlete
05-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Job security?

pauliedweasel
05-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Does that stand for 'Want To Find'? ;D

dieselpower
05-29-2011, 8:38 AM
If they are that bogged down with orders they simply need to raise their prices a little. Yes they will lose a few customers, but as long as their machines are still working at 100% capacity and they are selling them out just as fast they will still benefit.

While giving customers a good deal is fine, I just don't understand why they are keeping prices so low AND keeping a backlog of orders...

the day Obama got elected Spikes canceled all orders, refunded all money on those orders and jacked his prices way way up. People were freaking livid pissed at him. I don't think he wants a sequel to that horror show.

ghost
05-29-2011, 8:55 AM

whats kid a length ar?

docsmileyface
05-29-2011, 8:57 AM
Guessing he intended to hit the "m" key instead of the "K" one.

Anybody have an idea on what the wait is like for a complete Spike's upper? The website now just says "There's a wait, no time estimation pay and wait".

dieselpower
05-29-2011, 9:01 AM
whats kid a length ar?

Guessing he intended to hit the "m" key instead of the "K" one.

Anybody have an idea on what the wait is like for a complete Spike's upper? The website now just says "There's a wait, no time estimation pay and wait".

No My guess is he meant to say, "What kind of length AR"

anyone else want to try to translate "low coffee, not enough sleep" typing...

Vinrx7
05-29-2011, 1:47 PM
whats kid a length ar?

Sorry. Meant mid length. My fat fingers don't type so good.

FourLoko
05-29-2011, 2:02 PM
can't fault anyone for wanting a full rifle but I had fun hunting and scooping up a Spike's complete upper

it seems they keep on funneling them to the various retailers, build your own lower make it your own and skip the wait

tenpercentfirearms
05-29-2011, 2:06 PM
the day Obama got elected Spikes canceled all orders, refunded all money on those orders and jacked his prices way way up. People were freaking livid pissed at him. I don't think he wants a sequel to that horror show.

Can you support this with some evidence? This is the first I have heard of this happening and that was 2.5 years ago.

I can attest from the retailer side they did no such thing to me and Spike's actually kept their prices decent for me on some deals when everyone else was out of site.

Darklyte27
05-29-2011, 2:24 PM
for the record all my stag uppers are staked all bought from ar15sales.com when they arrive they are in stag boxes from stags address.

Those who claim they bought stag without staked bcg's maybe you bought it elsewhere where it was maybe swapped out?

All my stags shoot nice havent had a problem with them other than a broken gas ring, which i think is normal because of wear.

mag360
05-29-2011, 2:32 PM
bought my spikes upper on gunbroker, one of the sellers on their works for spikes. No waiting, shipped super fast. get one there.

docsmileyface
05-29-2011, 2:43 PM
Just put an order with the Exile Machine group buy. Luckily its a replacement upper so I'm not stuck waiting without a gun so I figure the wait should be less bad. Lets see how many weeks off it is over the quoted 8 weeks? Probably way more because I added one of their new Dynacomp brakes which seems to be unobtanium at the moment and is probably backordered all the way to hell.

The Gleam
05-30-2011, 2:10 AM

Geez - that's all? I've been waiting on a semi-auto BFG-50A from Mark Serbu for over 7 years. :mad:

JeffM
05-30-2011, 2:22 AM
I've never had good experience with Spikes, especially their customer service. I've had uppers just thrown in a box with each other with no packing material get beat to sh*t on their trip across the country. Then they wanted to blame UPS for the damages. The outside shipping box was in perfect shape. I had to threaten to reverse CC charges before they'd send a call tag and get me replacements (which more than doubled my wait time).

They are nothing special and there are plenty of other manufacturers to go with for the same products.

Merc1138
05-30-2011, 2:45 AM
whats kid a length ar?

A kid length AR is a short barreled rifle to make it easier to handle. SBR's are for the children

21SF
05-30-2011, 5:30 AM
A kid length AR is a short barreled rifle to make it easier to handle. SBR's are for the children

And small cars are for women

13204u
05-30-2011, 7:22 AM
as an aside I once waited two years for an upper from armalite for an AR-10. Three months doesn't sound that bad to me. Just gives you an excuse to build another rifle in the meantime. :shrug:

xenophobe
05-30-2011, 9:52 AM
Ah, the Spike's Kool-Aide. It tastes better than the Kool-Aide from Safeway or Kool-Aide from Walmart. Seriously, I don't get why so many people like that particular flavor... I always thought they were the cheesy off-brand you'd find at a dollar store.

Outta Control
05-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Agreed. I am partially dissatisfied with the Enhanced LPK. So I don't find Spike's product having a A rating.

Lead-Thrower
05-30-2011, 12:32 PM
I ordered an upper directly from Stag and it arrived two weeks later in perfect condition. I have also had good experiences with Midway and BCM. But then again, these are much bigger shops than Spikes...