PDA

View Full Version : FFL in san diego area

etruscan
12-07-2006, 6:25 PM
hey guys. trying to help out my brother who has just moved to the san diego area (PB). hes looking for an OLL-friendly FFL (either store or individual) who sells OLLs or is willing to do a transaction with, say, CWS or DD's, etc.. you can PM me or post the info. help out in spreading BRD! :D :D thanks fellas.

PIRATE14
12-07-2006, 6:40 PM
Go to the DEL MAR SHOW this weekend.........you'll find everything you need there......maybe more:D

cloner
12-07-2006, 6:42 PM
Royal Loan
Contact Person: Kenneth Bartel
3033 El Cajon Blvd_San Diego, CA 92104
Email: royal3033@sbcglobal.net
(619)284-2274

$45.00 for 1st gun/receiver, $20.00 for each additional gun/receiver.
Prices are in addition to the $25.00 DROS fee

I am trying to get in touch with these folks myself. They are on several FFL lists from a few online vendors that will sell OLL to Calif. I plan on getting a couple Stag lowers sent to them. I copied this info from DD's Ranch website so I do not know if it is current or not. Eagle Firearms also has them on file but there was some question that Eagle may not sell to Calif.

Cloner

naimad
12-07-2006, 7:01 PM
royal loan ive used them very friendly good to deal with they will receive olls for you

grammaton76
12-07-2006, 7:14 PM
I am trying to get in touch with these folks myself. They are on several FFL lists from a few online vendors that will sell OLL to Calif. I plan on getting a couple Stag lowers sent to them. I copied this info from DD's Ranch website so I do not know if it is current or not. Eagle Firearms also has them on file but there was some question that Eagle may not sell to Calif.

Back in Dec '05, Eagle didn't want anything to do with us. That may have changed, or they may just be willing to ship non-AR stuff.

www.c3tactical.com had really great prices back in Dec, but I wound up on a three month or so backorder queue. But at least I did get 5 Stag lowers in, with a 3-rifle sequence and a 2-rifle sequence. IF YOU ORDER FROM THESE GUYS, MAKE SURE THEY HAVE IT IN STOCK FIRST! :)

Side note, I've had friends use Royal, nothing wrong with them. If you just want one receiver, they're a perfectly good deal. But I'm crazy enough to drive up to Bright Spot in Riverside to chit-chat with Chris+Co, and transfer things that scare the living crap out of Royal Loan. ;) Their transfer fees are real low too.

Crazed_SS
12-07-2006, 8:37 PM
royal loan ive used them very friendly good to deal with they will receive olls for you

Yup.. I used Royal Loan too, they're right down the street from me.. great guys.

etruscan
12-07-2006, 8:37 PM
awesome! thanks guys. :) :)

rod
12-08-2006, 2:14 AM
Yes, Royal Loan will take good care of you. Very friendly folks in there. I just finished my transfer a couple of weeks ago through them.

sthornwall
12-08-2006, 5:16 AM
So far between myself and my friends, Royal Loan has helped us bring nine OLL's into CA. They will take care of you.:D

Stanze
12-08-2006, 5:42 AM
I did my OLL transfers at Bright Spot and Hunter Creek Firearms when no FFL in San Diego would touch them. Awesome people to deal with.

That said, my friends have transfered OLL through Royal Loan and I was more than happy to give them my business when I bought my Austrian made GLOCK 17 there last Oct.. Good people to deal with.:)

etruscan
12-08-2006, 5:48 AM
cool, guys. in the words of grandmaster flash:

"...because we got a beat that just wont end, so you better get ready to rock my friend. see we got some news that you can use, an offer that you cant refuse.... so just take your time and enjoy yourself and you'll rock as good as anyone else, so cmon, get to it..."

cloner
12-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Back in Dec '05, Eagle didn't want anything to do with us. That may have changed, or they may just be willing to ship non-AR stuff.

www.c3tactical.com (http://www.c3tactical.com) had really great prices back in Dec, but I wound up on a three month or so backorder queue. But at least I did get 5 Stag lowers in, with a 3-rifle sequence and a 2-rifle sequence. IF YOU ORDER FROM THESE GUYS, MAKE SURE THEY HAVE IT IN STOCK FIRST! :)

Side note, I've had friends use Royal, nothing wrong with them. If you just want one receiver, they're a perfectly good deal. But I'm crazy enough to drive up to Bright Spot in Riverside to chit-chat with Chris+Co, and transfer things that scare the living crap out of Royal Loan. ;) Their transfer fees are real low too.

Here is the response I got from Eagle Firearms:

Yes, we will ship Stag lowers to a CA FFL willing to accept them. We do not ship RRA lowers to CA as they are on the DOJ list.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks Chris
All out of stock items are on order with the manufacturer but there is no way for us to know for sure when they will be back in stock. We can notify you on receipt of any products that are interested in if you request it via email.
Orders can now be placed via our store, secure website, phone, fax or mail.
We accept all major credit cards with no upcharge. We also accept money orders and cashiers checks.
Eagle Firearms
10107 W 37th Pl.
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
(303)432-2255 Phone
(303)432-2322 Fax

I just ordered two Stag 15's to be delivered to Royal Loan as the FFL. I spoke with Kenneth Bartel and he said no problem. Del Mar gun show is this weekend too, BGD, I'm infected and spreading. :)

Cloner

jnojr
12-08-2006, 10:48 AM
http://shooting.forsandiego.com/Stores.html

And another +1 for Royal Loan.

Astig Boy
12-08-2006, 11:40 AM
I remember earlier this year doing my transfer at Royal Loan. They had a huge pile of OLL!! LOL! :D I believe everybody in San Diego went through them in early 06. Between me and my friends, weve gone through them 6 different times.

cloner
12-08-2006, 1:43 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering, I just ordered my two Stag 15 lowers a few hours ago from Eagle and I have already received my UPS tracking number and they should be here on Monday at Royal Loan. Now that is fast!! ;)

Cloner

grammaton76
12-08-2006, 1:55 PM
I remember earlier this year doing my transfer at Royal Loan. They had a huge pile of OLL!! LOL! :D I believe everybody in San Diego went through them in early 06. Between me and my friends, weve gone through them 6 different times.

Eh, I was making trips up to Highlands every other week or so myself, with the occasional trip to Riverside for AK stuff. :p

A few of my friends (the lightweights who're only doing like 1 receiver at at time) have used Royal, though. :)

ewarz
12-09-2006, 6:42 AM
Another vote for Royal Loan. I been using him ever since he was recommended to me over a year ago.

MysteryCereal
12-09-2006, 9:48 AM
4 (3 for coworkers) RRA Lowers thru royal loan so far. Not a single problem with the transfers.

RobT2K
12-09-2006, 1:51 PM
Why did Eagle firearms say:"We do not ship RRA lowers to CA as they are on the DOJ list."
I didn't know that they were listed, are they?

cloner
12-09-2006, 5:07 PM
Why did Eagle firearms say:"We do not ship RRA lowers to CA as they are on the DOJ list."

I think that they are mistaken on that one. Some RRA models are on the list but not the LAR15. If someone really wanted to get an RRA LAR15 from them and sent them a copy of the list I would bet that they would sell you one. They seem real nice to deal with.

Kasler v. Lockyer Assault Weapon List Monday, October 02, 2000

Rock River Arms, Inc.
Standard A-2
Car A2
Standard A-4 Flattop
Car A4 Flattop
NM A2 - DCM Legal
LE Tactical Carbine

Cloner

Corbin Dallas
12-09-2006, 9:23 PM
Precision Arms - Escondido

Glen? I forgot. He did my FFL on the Mega Lower. Maybe on a POF in the near future.

grammaton76
12-10-2006, 4:25 PM

The RRA "listing" was just a list of types of rifles RRA offers, and not lower markings. RRA is off list unless you want to make a leap of logic and say "well, since those configurations used the same lower, that lower should have been listed" (which you can't actually do in this case, thanks to Harrott). Due to this, however, RRA is just slightly 'grayer' than other lowers and in the early days, I avoided buying them.

Now, I wouldn't be afraid to but I've already got 10 lowers anyway.

etruscan
12-10-2006, 6:36 PM
follow-up:

with your help, guys, another has been infected with BRD...the LAR strain.:D thanks guys!:)